StainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Graf & SonsADvertise hereRotoMetals2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: 300 BLK - No Longer On The Fence

  1. #1
    Boolit Master 308Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,337

    300 BLK - No Longer On The Fence

    Stopped by Bruno's and picked this up today.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0274.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	197282

    Can't turn back now.

    BTW, Bruno's has nearly every powder imaginable in stock right now. Prices are good, too.

    http://www.brunoshooters.com/

  2. #2
    Boolit Master Texas by God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,095
    Let us know how that powder does. I've needed nothing other than W296/H110 or Lil Gun for my little .300. A joy of a cartridge.

  3. #3
    Boolit Master




    Bzcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nampa, ID
    Posts
    3,509
    Been working with Lil Gun myself but that pound won't last long. So please let us know.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

    The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

  4. #4
    What cast bullet are you going to use?

  5. #5
    Boolit Master 308Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by 747 captain View Post
    What cast bullet are you going to use?
    To be honest, I still haven't been able to decide. I've been looking at the NOE HTC310-174-SP PB, and the NOE 311-198-SP PB.

    I'd really like something in the 200+ grain area, but haven't found anything that I love yet.
    Last edited by 308Jeff; 10-16-2017 at 03:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Boolit Mold
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    17
    How about HTC310-247-FN (Blackout/Whisper)? Theoretically very promising...
    http://http://noebulletmolds.com/smf...ic,2272.0.html

  7. #7
    Boolit Master Trinidad Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad, Colorado
    Posts
    175
    I bought an 300 AAC Blackout upper several years ago and never regretted it. It is a great AR platform, utilizing standard magazines, and bumping the caliber into a legal hunting cartridge. Mine is a real shooter.

    I never tried cast boolits, just used 150gr pulled down .30 cal bullets, with 16gr of WC820.

    Enjoy your 300 Blackout!

    PS... I have been looking at the 458 SOCOM! Now what in the heck would I need that for...?
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

  8. #8
    Vendor Sponsor

    Smoke4320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right here ..at least I was a minute ago
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinidad Bill View Post
    I bought an 300 AAC Blackout upper several years ago and never regretted it. It is a great AR platform, utilizing standard magazines, and bumping the caliber into a legal hunting cartridge. Mine is a real shooter.

    I never tried cast boolits, just used 150gr pulled down .30 cal bullets, with 16gr of WC820.

    Enjoy your 300 Blackout!

    PS... I have been looking at the 458 SOCOM! Now what in the heck would I need that for...?
    458 Socom is like the blackout .. Its just fun to shoot .. and will take down ANY animal in NA within reasonable distances .
    500 grain subsonics are a hoot
    I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

    http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

    Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder and Sure-Kill deer and cover scents

    PULSAR night vision and thermal dealer !!!
    PM me for a good deal

    I am not crazy my mom had me tested

    Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

  9. #9
    Boolit Master Trinidad Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad, Colorado
    Posts
    175
    I bought a SlideFire stock a few years ago...it also was a hoot to shoot!
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

  10. #10
    Boolit Master 308Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,337
    I may hold off on loading cast bullets for a while and start experimenting with what I already have on-hand for 308. I've got everything from 125gr TNT's to 208gr A-Max, and lots of stuff in between.

    Wishing I would have bought more 145gr PPU's when they were $266/2K.

  11. #11
    Boolit Master Trinidad Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad, Colorado
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I may hold off on loading cast bullets for a while and start experimenting with what I already have on-hand for 308. I've got everything from 125gr TNT's to 208gr A-Max, and lots of stuff in between.

    Wishing I would have bought more 145gr PPU's when they were $266/2K.
    Thatís another reason I really like 300 BO. I have lots of .30 cal projectiles lying around. No shortage of stuff to shoot and have fun with.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

  12. #12
    Boolit Master rondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,478
    Never had much interest in .300blk, but I've recently been finding more and more of that brass out at the club. I need to do something with it! Plus I have about a jillion .223 cases too that could be used to make more of it.....all I'd need is an upper receiver and some dies.

  13. #13
    Boolit Master Trinidad Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad, Colorado
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Never had much interest in .300blk, but I've recently been finding more and more of that brass out at the club. I need to do something with it! Plus I have about a jillion .223 cases too that could be used to make more of it.....all I'd need is an upper receiver and some dies.
    I would highly recommend the AAC(Advanced Armament Corporation) 300 Blackout upper. It's pricey (I think I paid close to $1000!) but, IMHO, well worth it. It is a shooter.

    It has been a few years since I got mine so the other uppers have probably come a long way.

    There is also a great 300 Blackout forum out there, 300BlkTalk.com.
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

  14. #14
    Boolit Master popper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,943
    For a cheap cal. to shoot, BO is great. Was checking the ballistic calc today, my 150gr Hornady SP should get out to 200 with a 9" drop (decent BC) & ~ 900 ft# if I can get 2k fps. pretty decent using 1/2 the powder of 30/30.
    Whatever!

  15. #15
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    63
    308Jeff: You are looking for a +- 200 gr bullet for the 300BO.
    I found the Lyman 311299 and 311334 to shoot well in mine.
    beltfed/arnie

  16. #16
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    63
    Another interesting bullet working accurately in mine is the Hornady 160 Grain FTXs. The
    "30-30" style seems to shoot a bit better than the 308 Marlin style 160 FTX. They are
    Designed to expand down to 1600 fps. Easily met in the BO.
    beltfed/arnie

  17. #17
    Boolit Master 308Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    308Jeff: You are looking for a +- 200 gr bullet for the 300BO.
    I found the Lyman 311299 and 311334 to shoot well in mine.
    beltfed/arnie
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    Another interesting bullet working accurately in mine is the Hornady 160 Grain FTXs. The
    "30-30" style seems to shoot a bit better than the 308 Marlin style 160 FTX. They are
    Designed to expand down to 1600 fps. Easily met in the BO.
    beltfed/arnie
    Very interesting. Rocky Mountain Reloading has pulls on sale, and I was just looking at them. Thanks!

    https://rmrbullets.com/shop/bullets-...v=7516fd43adaa

    Edit: I was looking at the picture on their website, and they look like they have some pretty significant pull marks...

  18. #18
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,120
    Try shooting some sub-sonic 30AAC in a single-shot gun with a can and you'll be hooked.
    Many may scoff at single shots BUT I find they really save on ammunition, don't diminish the fun and if your shooting alone with a can, don't require hearing protection.

  19. #19
    Boolit Master 308Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    1,337
    I'll bet it's a lot of fun!

  20. #20
    Boolit Master



    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    20 mi. W. of Camp Perry
    Posts
    269
    I can promise you it won't be your only 300 Blk. for long ,very addictive,TRUST ME.All of mine are CAST lovers .
    The 155gr.Lee is cheap to shoot.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check