Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44mag and 2400

I have used 17.0 and 17.5 grains of 2400 with Winchester large pistol primers and a modified Lee 310 mold which drops at 265 grains. Accuracy has been outstanding in a scoped Dan Wesson.

Boolit Master
    I used W296/H110 for years in my top end .44 Mag loads. Got tired of the fireballs and being limited to max loads so I tried 2400 and haven't gone back.

I have the same 4 5/8" SBH and my standard load is a NOE Ranchdog boolit that drops at 270gr gas checked, lubed with BAC, sized .431" over 18.2gr of 2400 using CCI large pistol primers in Starline brass. Brass will fall out of the chamber and no flattened primers. I never chrono'd it but they want to shoot one hole groups at 25 yards. My lack of skill have successfully prevented that from happening.
    This load also works well in my Marlin 1894 and two S&W 629 revolvers.

As a light load I use the same boolit over 9.3gr of Unique. The groups are slightly larger and @2" lower at 25 yards with less recoil. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot that load at deer under 50 yards. The Marlin doesn't like the Unique load but both S&W prefer it.

Those loads work in my four guns but may reduce anyone elses to scrap. Do work up to it carefully. YMMV Not good in California, Massachusetts or Hawaii.
    Last edited by Rick R; 06-19-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12