Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Redding Model 7 C Press

Boolit Buddy

Redding Model 7 C Press

Anyone here using this press? I got a used one that I think might be missing some parts. When depriming the spent primers go everywhere. Is there something that should contain them? Also the shellholder slips right in & out. Real easy to pull brass & shellholder out of the press together. It has holes that look like maybe a set screw is used to hold the shellholder in. Looking for someone that has a complete one to steer me towards what I might be missing on mine. Thanks.

Can't find out anything on the primer catcher, sorry, but it seems it's supposed to use special shell holders and was made '68-69 era.
    Here's a video on a similar press, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyp1Ha-jH4

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkenhunter50 View Post
    Anyone here using this press? I got a used one that I think might be missing some parts. When depriming the spent primers go everywhere. Is there something that should contain them? Also the shellholder slips right in & out. Real easy to pull brass & shellholder out of the press together. It has holes that look like maybe a set screw is used to hold the shellholder in. Looking for someone that has a complete one to steer me towards what I might be missing on mine. Thanks.
    Contact Redding

http://www.redding-reloading.com/how...arranty-repair

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Both of my Bair presses use a shell holder base that uses a set screw.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    Can't find out anything on the primer catcher, sorry, but it seems it's supposed to use special shell holders and was made '68-69 era.
    Here's a video on a similar press, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyp1Ha-jH4
    Contact Highboy that is in the video as he just refurbished his second unit and might have extra shell holders or know of a source. I have Pacific Single Stage Press that I love.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mdhillbilly1; 06-09-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Have you got the answers you're looking for yet? I have one of these and may be able to help.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Have you got the answers you're looking for yet? I have one of these and may be able to help.

I guess I have not, basically just trying to find out if this uses special shellholders or regular ones with a set screw, i used regular ones but when removing the brass, they slide right off the ram if you arent careful. Also when depriming the primers just fly wherever, wondering if I am missing a containment piece. I have a rock chucker that has a plastic tray they are guided into. So just trying to find out if I am missing pieces for those 2 things and if so what are they? Thanks

Banned
    It uses regular shellholders but they are held in with a tiny set screw inside the grove around the top of the ram. It's most likely missing. ACE hardware has replacements. Or watch the video and not that he is not using the set screw either. The shellholder is rotated 90 degrees to the left so he can slip cases in and out.

As for a primer catcher, I am working with a fuzzy memory, I think there was one available, I think. It would have been a cast iron cup fitted around the front of the press.

Ken

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    It uses regular shellholders but they are held in with a tiny set screw inside the grove around the top of the ram. It's most likely missing. ACE hardware has replacements. Or watch the video and not that he is not using the set screw either. The shellholder is rotated 90 degrees to the left so he can slip cases in and out.

As for a primer catcher, I am working with a fuzzy memory, I think there was one available, I think. It would have been a cast iron cup fitted around the front of the press.

Ken
    Great thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. Will do some searching for a primer catcher. Bought the press with the idea of using it for a dedicated deprimer press. Once i tried that one time, that was the end of that, primers were everywhere!!

Boolit Buddy
    I guess I have not, basically just trying to find out if this uses special shellholders or regular ones with a set screw, i used regular ones but when removing the brass, they slide right off the ram if you arent careful. Also when depriming the primers just fly wherever, wondering if I am missing a containment piece. I have a rock chucker that has a plastic tray they are guided into. So just trying to find out if I am missing pieces for those 2 things and if so what are they? Thanks
    If it's the press I'm thinking of it does not use a set screw to retain the standard shell holders. It uses a C shaped steel clip. It also uses a horseshoe shaped plastic primer catcher. If you PM me your email address I'll send pictures. LMK
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller

Boolit Buddy
    If it's the press I'm thinking of it does not use a set screw to retain the standard shell holders. It uses a C shaped steel clip. It also uses a horseshoe shaped plastic primer catcher. If you PM me your email address I'll send pictures. LMK
    Thank you for the offer sir, PM sent

Boolit Buddy
    Received the pics, and they were a great help. Thats the same press and now I know what parts I need to find. Thank you much for the help.