Hello everyone, it has been a bit since I have visited this forum. I have a project I am working on (yes another one) and I am in need of this forums expertise with load data!

It seems to be difficult (or impossible) to find any data based around using Alliant Power Pro 2000-MR for any kind of cast boolits. Even speaking with Alliant they do not give any information or speculation based on the use of the powder outside of what information is published directly from reputable sources by means of reloading manuals or what they list on their website. This I can understand as it means they become liable for loss of life or limb.

Outside of the lack of information I am told by Alliant that the powder is just to slow for lead and a pistol powder is needed for lead. Although I have called before and received reverse information. Due to the inconsistant information I get everytime I call alliant i figured i would post it here to see if any of you have had expierence with this powder with cast rounds.

Here are the components i am working with;

3 bullet types
155gr Lee .312 sized down to .309 and powder coated
170gr Lee .309 powder coated
230gr Lee .309 powder coated

Velocity target range: 1200-2000FPS (based on my searches it indicates anything over 2000fps will start leading without a gas check on powder coated bullets)

Now i have some trailboss which i know will get the rounds up to 1250-1300fps for the 230gr or 1550-1600fps for the 155gr, but beyond that you end up with a compressed charge with the 230gr bullet and that is a no no for trailboss.

The concern i have with the Power Pro 2000-MR is secondary explotion (or as alliant puts it, Rapid oxidation due to exessive oxygen in the case causing chambers/barrels to turn in pipebombs). This is obviously what i am trying to prevent.

I want to use the Power Pro 2000-MR since i reload with jacketed rounds with that powder and i am sitting on about 40lbs of the stuff.

Does anyone have any confirmed loads that can get me within the FPS ranges i listed above with the lead cast weights i have listed?