Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any other forums youd recommend ?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I've been banned from there three times (Low Road). First time, I has having a discussion with Veral Smith about the effects of temperature on cast bullet loads. Good conversation, and I found myself ejected. Next two, pretty much the same circumstances, having a conversation, and whoops, there I go! I was finally clued in to what a ******* the forum owner is, and figured I was better off gone.
    I totally agree, but then I did tell the MOD what a ******* he and the forum was. That did it.

I am sort of stubborn! LOL Opinioniated also!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I was finally clued in to what a ******* the forum owner is, and figured I was better off gone.
    It's not just the owner. The moderators leave a lot to be desired. What amuses me is how they talk down about this site. There is a bias that's present even if it's not spoken. W/ RCmodel's passing the reloading forum lost a lot of valuable information.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

RC knew more than just about anybody I ever read and explained problems super well!

The MOD from San Fran, well I just better not say what I think of him!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    It appears to be down, at least it has been for the past 24 hours.
    They have an "Undergoing Maintenance" screen with a clock (not running) on it.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Tried to get into the AR15 forum. They wouldn't accept my email address. Said they wouldn't allow that site in. I tried all three emails I have. No go. If that's the way they feel don't need them.

Rob

Boolit Master

The problem I've run into looking at other firearms forums is that I have become accustomed to the very civil way members conduct themselves here. The vast majority of other forums don't police or filter inappropriate crude vulgar language. Now, I'm not so sensitive that I can't be exposed to it; I just enjoy the absence of hateful and profane conversation. AR-15 and others are full of disagreements that start out with things like "You're a BLEEPING idiot if you think that," often when the person was right and the respondent clueless

It's so much more pleasant and informative here!

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    I like this one. www.talkhuntin.com it's family friendly, they don't allow bashing, bad language, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Shooters Forum, 1911. Ford F150 Forum if you have one.
    Ford F150 Forum (combined with YouTube) has saved me lots of $$$ over the years!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by darrondb View Post
    Ford F150 Forum (combined with YouTube) has saved me lots of $$$ over the years!
    Answered lots of questions for me and told me how to replace the rear axle shafts in my truck which I did last weekend. Took me about 4hrs because I had to seat the axle studs and stop for a beer break. Saved me probably $1,000. Good guys there that will answer all of your questions or point you in the right direction. Like this forum.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    Www.assra.com is a good one for single shot rifles. Www.usrifleteams.com is THE place for national match and XTC High Power.

Goodsteel is good, they are working on new, upgraded software and are having teething troubles. He knows about it, patience is appreciated. It will be back up as soon as they can get it back up.

WoW thanks, lots to look at. Im interested in other fire arms sites, but this site pretty well covers me Im mostly interested in this crowd with other subjects. Whats your handle out there? I'm zymguy on bbq brethren and all the others as well

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    B4 I found the "originals" on "shooters", I spent most of my gun site time looking at Marshall Stantons'& Paco Kellys' boards .. both still worth looking into fttt... Oncebull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Not a forum really- but I keep an eye on this as MOST ANYTHING written by Glen Fryxell is worth reading.

http://www.lasc.us/articlesfryxell.htm
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Buddy
    This is the only gun forum I'm active on, the rest I run into when I'm searching specific questions. I've found good conversations (that often answer the question I'm googling) at the firing line and the high road and rimfire central. Castboolits has tended to have some even older knowledge and that's why I joined. Rarely with ar15 have I found relevant threads for my inquiries.

I wasn't aware there was some...friction between castboolits and highroad until now. I can't comment on that, just say that I've found the most enlightening threads on intermediate and advanced questions on those 4 sites.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

Perm-Banned
    i wish this one would have a cowboy revolver section.

Banned

^^^ the handgun sub-forum seems good enough
    You could always go to the SASS forum

Boolit Master

Over the years I've signed up on lots of forums. Most I don't even visit any more. The High Road was mentioned. Not sure about my memory but wasn't there a parallel forum that tried to correct some of the problems?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Leverguns ,rimfire central ,shooters forum are with a look in .

Boolit Grand Master

This is by far my favorite but I belong to a few others.

24 Hour Campfire- Mostly un-regulated. Mostly talk about news and current events but it has gun, reloading and hunting forums. It has a huge membership.

Snipershide- Mostly about long range precision shooting. Is not family friendly. Has lots of Military and LE members. Has had a few changes and the latest does not run well on my computer.

The High Road- Mostly about guns and reloading. Has a few knowledgeable members and nice guys but mostly if you don't have 30,000 post your post are subject to be attacked with out having the right to defend yourself.

1911- Family friendly. Mostly about pistols, and mostly about 1911's.

Reloadersnest- A small family friendly forum about, you guessed it, reloading. The last change the site went through lost me. I kind of miss those guys!

Varmintsden- A small family friendly forum about varmint hunting and long range shooting. Their last change lost me and I miss those guys too!

Benchrest Central- A family friendly site about benchrest shooting. The Pros hang out and post one here.

Accurate Shooter, formally 6MM BR.Com- A semi family friendly site about precision and competition shooting.

Treasurenet- A family friendly forum mostly about metal detecting. That have a thread about indian artifacts that is my interest. The Revolutionary War and Civil War threads have lots of interesting looking recovered bullets.

Some of my searches have led me to other sites that look interesting but I have not joined. These include The M-14 Forum, The S&W Forum, the Firingline Forum and The Shooters Forum.

I spend more time here on Castboolits than on all of the others combined!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast