Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: River soaked pistol

Always ride the river with a replaceable painted firearm. We have several, not for sale. Garden hose and air compressor if they get dunked & recovered. Oil just attracts dirt so I use it sparingly.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I take my Glock swimming every time I go. Disassemble, rinse in clean water, soak in Denatured Alcohol, grease, and reassemble. Repeat as needed depending on swimming schedule.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

A good water based cleaner that will completely degrees and clean down to the metal is "Simple Green." As it's water based, you can clean the weapon while it is still wet. Be careful though as it will strip everything from the metal and you'll need to oil it once it is dry. It also works very well on heavily carbon fouled machine gun and M16/M4 rifle actions. You'll still need a good solvent for copper fouling though.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    over the weekend I was fishing in my boat when i was knocked overboard by a wave from a larger boat fresh water well the fox river
    What part of the river? I grew up on the east side of the river just south of the Johnsburg bridge. Went to school in McHenry

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    What part of the river? I grew up on the east side of the river just south of the Johnsburg bridge. Went to school in McHenry
    Right at the halfway point between the 176 bridge and the Mchenry Dam I was on my way in I have a 16" Lund with a 30 hp Johnson
    on the back when a Scarab flew past me in the wave just under the water was what looked like the inside of a water softner tube that
    hit my motor shaft made my boat make a hard left at the same time i was on top of the wave Knocked me out of my boat
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    I take my Glock swimming every time I go. Disassemble, rinse in clean water, soak in Denatured Alcohol, grease, and reassemble. Repeat as needed depending on swimming schedule.
    Swim suit holster, I'll have to look for one to go with my shower holster and pajama holster. lol

Boolit Master
    Sorry to disappoint you. Plain cargo shorts with belt loops and a belt and a plastic Serpa Holster for retention. Boring, but functional.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Right at the halfway point between the 176 bridge and the Mchenry Dam I was on my way in I have a 16" Lund with a 30 hp Johnson
    on the back when a Scarab flew past me in the wave just under the water was what looked like the inside of a water softner tube that
    hit my motor shaft made my boat make a hard left at the same time i was on top of the wave Knocked me out of my boat
    Been a long time since I've been on the river south of the dam. Best news is that you weren't hurt when thrown from the boat! Have a daughter down in Holiday Hills off of River Road.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123