Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee slug sized down to 16ga

Boolit Master

Lee slug sized down to 16ga

I am working on this old High Standard I have only when I feel bored with all other projects. My standard for the 16 is my dads old model 12 16 gauge that off a bench keeps slugs(cheap remington foster type) in a 5 inch circle if you do your part. All my ideas were dismal failures and this week I thought why not size the lee slug down to fit into the 16 bore with PC coating and another smaller sizer lets them fit into a shot cup. I am getting 3 to4 inch groubs at 65 yards so I think 100 might be reachable after all. Let you know after some more shooting!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Man
    You can also experiment sizing down the slug to fit barrel's bore diameter. Depending of how strong your press is one or two sizing dies are needed.

Boolit Master
    A apology for starting that thread during med consumption for pain. Ok, I made a mold a couple years ago with a adjustable hollow point pin(nothing new) thinking I might stumple unto the mecca load for this 16 gauge. My dads mod 12 at 100 yards holds 5 inch groubs. All my attempts failed and I decided to keep buying elcheapo slugs as they shoot fine in the High Standard. But when your brain is mounted on swivels you get alot of ideas and the thought came to size down the Lee slug. So thats where I am and getting very good results and what really seemed to be the turning point was when I cut off the crimp and used the straight sided shell casing. Alot more testing needed to prove this is the way forward for this gun.
    Look twice, shoot once.