Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which lube sizer lube

ADMIN

To be totally honest with you, lubing boolits are going to be a thing of the past.

Coatings seem to be the way to go for most people now days.

I do lube some boolits still and I use Magma Lube sticks (green but it doesn't matter as they are all the same)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    To be totally honest with you, lubing boolits are going to be a thing of the past.
    Will it? There are many like me that don't coat for a myriad of reasons. There are no long term studies on barrel wear. And the accuracy isn't there w/ rifles yet. A lot has to be done to get there compared to traditional lube. I'm not knocking coatings. They just haven't been fully worked out.

Boolit Grand Master

I tend to live in the past, so I'll stick with my 450 and Lithi-Bee .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    Not for me either, I will continue lube-sizing mine. No desire to take up powder coating, now or ever. BAC is a wonderful lube for pistols, and works well for me in most of my rifles as well. It does not need a heater.

Boolit Master
    You may be able to find a used lube sizer cheap, but you better be watching the forums and be ready to jump on one as soon as it pops up. There are many that will buy another even though they have 2 or 3 already. I bet they are like molds, in that they just show up a guy's house somehow.

Anyway, I too have found I needed more than one as changing out dies got to be a pain and those fine threads on the RCBS Lube a Matic seem to be easy to bugger up if you are ham fisted. At least that was my excuse to buy another. Now where is that cheap Star sizer I'm looking for?

There are many good lubes available (too many really) so I just picked one and went with it. Until I found another....... That's the fun of the hunt for the perfect anything, you are never done testing. All kidding aside, try White Label or Randy Rat's lubes from this site. I'm personally using White Label Carnuba Blue right now. Not as sticky as their BAC and works well without a heater.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I already had a Star when I bought my second and already had an RCBS when I decided I needed another . Those and the Lee push through dies on an old Pacific 007 press seem to fit me just fine .

Slowly I think I'm getting my lube needs worked out to very few selections .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    Good luck with that. Most of them are going for close to double that.
    A few months ago I purchased a nice 450 at the local gun show for $40 with a 358 die & 429 top punch. No rust and I don't think it saw much use but it was a dirty gummy mess. It cleaned right up and original paint looks good.

The deals are out there but usually pop up when your not looking.

DHdeal, what calibers/ velocities do you use carauba blue on? I am trying to deecide what I want to use for a 9.3X62 at 2,000-2,200fps. so far blue is looking good, I don't have a heater by the way.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master

I use regular lube, of course, I sell TAC 1 and TAC X.. I found the accuracy in a 1911 that is tough to match with tumble lubing or anything else but regular lube..So for shooting tin cans and blasting fun tumble lubing or powder coating is fine.

I use a heat gun with my lube sizer just to make it easier

I use TAC-1 for everything I shoot, all under 2200fps, works for me. Frankly, the powder coating just isn't going to happen in my little archaic world. Different strokes I suppose.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    DHdeal, what calibers/ velocities do you use carauba blue on? I am trying to deecide what I want to use for a 9.3X62 at 2,000-2,200fps. so far blue is looking good, I don't have a heater by the way.
    The only rifles I shoot cast bullets out of are my BPCR's and any thing other than DGL need not apply. Even then, I mostly shoot PP bullets now out of them.

I use the Carnuba Blue out of revolvers and tend to stay under 1350 fps or so. My revolvers don't lead much so that isn't a real concern. What I have noticed is after the first shot from a clean barrel, every succeeding shot is into the group until I'm done.

Randy, What lube are you using for that great 1911 accuracy. Thats all I load and cast for...for now.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Not for me either, I will continue lube-sizing mine. No desire to take up powder coating, now or ever. BAC is a wonderful lube for pistols, and works well for me in most of my rifles as well. It does not need a heater.
    Put me in this group I just can't get into coating to me lead boolits should have lube in the grooves.

Just keep your eye open and have the cash on hand eventually a deal will come by. I use soft lubes for everything so far but I don't load anything unusual and no lube heater.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    There are several Lyman 45 and 450 lube sizers currently on eBay at decent prices.

Boolit Grand Master

I hope all is well with mblack, his location is/was Ocala , Florida , right in the path of Irma, in the middle of the state.
    Our last good hurricane left us without power, land line phone and computer service for two weeks.
    The phone, cable tv and computer ( we bundled) was the very last thing to get restored. It was lying on the ground , it used to be on a pole, but when the trees went down they took down several poles. The electrical men did the poles and electrical lines but the phone, computer and cable tv wasn't theirs
    My wife flagged down a truck with cable workers , she cried , talked real nice to them , showed them our downed line and gave them all cold water and cold beer for later , they had us up and running in 3-4 hours.
    It's amazing what a woman can accomplish !
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 09-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Randy, What lube are you using for that great 1911 accuracy. Thats all I load and cast for...for now.
    I use TAC 1 and found the accuracy to be 2" difference between tumble lubing and my lube at 75'...Some would go nuts over 2" of extra accuracy and I need everything i can get so I am not changing

Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    I use TAC 1 and found the accuracy to be 2" difference between tumble lubing and my lube at 75'...Some would go nuts over 2" of extra accuracy and I need everything i can get so I am not changing
    I dont suppose you send out samples? Would love to try it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12