RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead in Europe

Boolit Grand Master
    We have a dose of that same kind of "logic" over here, not exactly the same but it rings a familiar note. The most widely available and efficient form of self-defense, a firearm, can't be had for just self-defense. In some of our jurisdictions, the handgun carry applications require notation on intended purpose. Hunting, target practice, or self protection. Many jurisdictions don't, but some still do. To one of our political sides, it's more righteous to be a victim than a survivor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    We have a dose of that same kind of "logic" over here, not exactly the same but it rings a familiar note. The most widely available and efficient form of self-defense, a firearm, can't be had for just self-defense. In some of our jurisdictions, the handgun carry applications require notation on intended purpose. Hunting, target practice, or self protection. Many jurisdictions don't, but some still do. To one of our political sides, it's more righteous to be a victim than a survivor.
    Where's "over here"?

Yeah I typically believe in zero gun restrictions, but my favorite guns to shoot would probably be legal most places...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    Yes we are very fortunate here,there is no shortage of Lead.In fact my casting is cost free apart from the electricity used which is minimal.Even when at the Tyre Shop and asking for used Wheelweights I am told to help myself.We might say it is in fact a casters paradise and long may it last.
    Yet there is that whole personal gun ownership ban there.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    Yet there is that whole personal gun ownership ban there.
    Scroll back to Item 14 You will see that shooting is still well and alive.Modern Handguns are banned,Auto Rifles are banned.Bolt action Rifles,Falling Block Rifles etc are allowed in all calibres.Black Powder Revolvers and Pistols are allowed.

still, the thought of being told I cant have a certain type of gun, even fully automatic, really gets me fuming, especially being a law abiding citizen. I even think that felons should be able to have some sort of hearing with a judge to decide if they can still own firearms, sex offenders and violent offenders I understand not letting them own firearms.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    A few years ago the roof on Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's house) was replaced. It was predominately lead with some copper and tin. Somehow I missed out on that scrap metal sale. Oh well, maybe in another 200 years that "new" roof will need to be replaced.
    Now. . .how cool would it be to exercise your Second Amendment rights with lead from the roof of a guy that helped write it?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Col...do you have to keep those in an armory and not at your residence?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12