Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead in Europe

Boolit Master

Lead in Europe

While on a recent trip to greenie, and anti-gun London and Paris I gazed out the window of our upper floor flats and saw a sea of lead sheeting! Almost all the roof and windows were flashed with that evil, deadly lead. It would be a casters paradise if not for politicians.

Boolit Master
    I saw the same thing when the wife and I were in Ireland. All I could think about was "look at all the boolits on the roofs".

black pants,shirt, and ski mask, check! small flat crowbar, tinsnips, and a look out? check. alright good to go, walk softly!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master

Many years ago, I read an account of a medieval cathedral that caught fire and burned. It warn't rain that was pourin' out the gutters! Hold out your coffee cup!
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Yes we are very fortunate here,there is no shortage of Lead.In fact my casting is cost free apart from the electricity used which is minimal.Even when at the Tyre Shop and asking for used Wheelweights I am told to help myself.We might say it is in fact a casters paradise and long may it last.

I would have a good stockpile just in case it goes the way it is going here

Boolit Grand Master

I spent a big part of my working life in a bucket truck. You might be a caster if you can spot lead flashing and lead roof jacks from the air!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    I would have a good stockpile just in case it goes the way it is going here
    That is a very good suggestion! Lead was free or cheap, and plentiful here at one time too!

Boolit Master
    Yes I keep a good stock,it is amazing how much Lead is shot down range over the years.I have cut up Lead Flashing,Pipe,Sash Window Weights, Range Lead and Wheel Weights.

Banned
    A few years ago the roof on Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's house) was replaced. It was predominately lead with some copper and tin. Somehow I missed out on that scrap metal sale. Oh well, maybe in another 200 years that "new" roof will need to be replaced.

so what is allowed in the way of guns and shooting there? because you cast so I would assume you have a gune to use it in, lol and is it really just a rich mans sport?

Boolit Buddy
    You mean the greenies over here are making a stink over lead in our berms contaminating water and the these Europeans are using it on their roofs to contaminate there water? Well that makes a lot of sense.

Boolit Master

It's stranger than you think. In Paris they have all these old lead covered buildings but they had to change the paint on the Eiffel tower because it had lead in it so it was bad. Huh?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    so what is allowed in the way of guns and shooting there? because you cast so I would assume you have a gune to use it in, lol and is it really just a rich mans sport?
    Been shooting today (clay shooting).Most Sundays I am at the range,I have a Sharps 45.70 Rifle,a Mauser Single Shot in 45.70,A 32.40 Martini,A Three Band Enfield,Two Original Whitworth Rifles,(.451 and .565),Three Kentucky Flintlock Rifles (.562,.500,.45),A 50 Cal Percussion Rifle.No it is not a Rich Mans Sport since some I have made or Modified and others I have bought over the Years.We have a good cross section of shooters from all Backgrounds,i do not Know any Rich Men.

P S a 50.70 Remington Rolling Block Rifle,Lots of Casting for that lot.My type of Shooting is alive and well in my country.

I sure hope you protect the crowns of those rifles.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Yes Slim,They are standing on Felt,I always store them that way to avoid Oil entering the Stocks.
    Regards.

I am fascinated how our politicians in the US get the vapors and flop around on the ground at the very mention of lead while the Europeans have tons of it on their roofs and accept it as normal, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    A few years ago the roof on Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's house) was replaced. It was predominately lead with some copper and tin. Somehow I missed out on that scrap metal sale. Oh well, maybe in another 200 years that "new" roof will need to be replaced.
    The architect who oversaw that project did the Octagon House in Washington, DC before Monticello. English lead, English leadsmiths, new roof, gutters, downspouts ........... I DIDN'T miss out on the scrap. They needed a very expensive Hazardous Material permit to dispose of the scrap and didn't have one. A friend and I made it disappear for $50. Six pickup truck loads.

Boolit Master
    Col4570, What country are u in? I'm guessing you need various licensing or permits. Hard to get for the 'allowable' type of gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    Col4570, What country are u in? I'm guessing you need various licensing or permits. Hard to get for the 'allowable' type of gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    England,We have Shotgun Certificates and Firearms Certificates.Modern Hand guns are banned but Black powder Pistols are allowed.Like many others here I spend a lot of time shooting,there are thousands of shooters here using Bolt Action,Falling Block Rifles etc.Automatic rifles are Banned,Under Lever Rifle are allowed.22 Auto rifles are allowed.303,762,243,30.30 are common calibres.In order to own Firearms you must be a member of a Rifle Club,this does not apply to Shotguns.Home security cannot be a reason to own Firearms.Hope this explains the situation here.Regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast