Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Load Data

Thread: Benjamin Franklin Model 312

Boolit Master

Benjamin Franklin Model 312

Hello guys,

A buddy has a Benjamin Franklin Model 312 .22 cal pump air gun.
    Been passed down through various relatives.
    Seems it needs some TLC.
    Anyone recommend an air gunsmith ? Best would be in central Ohio, but he's willing to ship it if needed.

Thanks !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Check Baker Airguns.
    They had two resealed and tested 312 air rifles for sale so they either do this work or know where to get it done.

The resealing requires a specialized tool that is no longer available and must be hand made. A drawing with measurements and instructions for how to make this tool has been on the net. I've seen the drawing but didn't book mark the page.

Boolit Master
    +1 on Baker Airguns. As for the specialized tool, it is indeed still made and Baker will sell you one. They're only about $12, or you can buy a reseal kit that includes the tool and all the parts you need to rebuild the gun. That's a bit over $50:
    https://www.bakerairguns.com/product...310-seal-kits/
    This guy has some great videos to demonstrate how to rebuild your Benji: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_DGNaaAs0

Boolit Master
    Awesome ! Thanks folks !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    I have been toying with old pellet guns since I was a kid. Often these old pumpers blow seals by means of no lube or the wrong lube.
    After all these years I still think it's best to send these old pellet guns out to the pros. Have it gone through 100% complete rebuild and clean. Pellet guns are a cool little family heirloom. The 312 is a nice little unit also.
    Made from 1957-74 they where built pretty darn well. Not pushed as a "toy" back then either.

Boolit Master
    For the older brass barrel guns I'd prefer to be able to inspect the bore personally before investing.
    Not much way to deal with the barrel the way they are mounted. Not likely to find a replacement either.

Boolit Master
    Just wanted to thank you guys again.
    My friend called Baker Airguns, and after talking with them decided to drop it off on his way to visit family.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

That's great he will be able to drop it off himself. From everything i've heard about Baker's, it'll be fixed right.