RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying a motorcycle is maddening...

Boolit Master

Osteodoc, the 2014 Connie will pull right up to the factory computer-governed 155 mph with no problem. (Somewhere off in a galaxy, far, far away......)
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I have "Ultra Classic" tastes, but a "Vulcan Voyager" budget. I haven't ridden motorcycles in 35 plus years, but now retired, have been Jones-ING for a bike again. Rode a lot from age 5 to age 25; dirt and street (touring). Rode up to British Columbia and back during my 16th Summer.

Problem with buying a bike while still in Kali is, I sold my last bike after the second car in a couple of years made a left right in front of me. In Kali, it isn't if someone is going to make that left in front of you, it's when.

On the plus side, I won't be riding nearly every day like I used to.

Thinking that I might be able to allocate enough money for a 5 year old Vulcan Voyager or a 9-10 year old Ultra Classic. Harley's seat height is a couple of inches lower than the Kawasaki and I'm on the short side.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    I have "Ultra Classic" tastes, but a "Vulcan Voyager" budget. I haven't ridden motorcycles in 35 plus years, but now retired, have been Jones-ING for a bike again. Rode a lot from age 5 to age 25; dirt and street (touring). Rode up to British Columbia and back during my 16th Summer.

Problem with buying a bike while still in Kali is, I sold my last bike after the second car in a couple of years made a left right in front of me. In Kali, it isn't if someone is going to make that left in front of you, it's when.

On the plus side, I won't be riding nearly every day like I used to.

Thinking that I might be able to allocate enough money for a 5 year old Vulcan Voyager or a 9-10 year old Ultra Classic. Harley's seat height is a couple of inches lower than the Kawasaki and I'm on the short side.
    I've had one incident where an idiot decided to make a left turn from the right hand lane in front of / THROUGH me. I was right about even with his rear bumper when he did it, so there was no way I was going to avoid him. It was probably at 35-45 mph, so kind of slow and well, I guess I bounced a bit better way back then, so didn't get really banged up. These days, I try to avoid being in those situations. I just assume that all the people on the road are trying to intentionally kill me and avoid being in a position where they can do it if at all possible.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I've had one incident where an idiot decided to make a left turn from the right hand lane in front of / THROUGH me. I was right about even with his rear bumper when he did it, so there was no way I was going to avoid him. It was probably at 35-45 mph, so kind of slow and well, I guess I bounced a bit better way back then, so didn't get really banged up. These days, I try to avoid being in those situations. I just assume that all the people on the road are trying to intentionally kill me and avoid being in a position where they can do it if at all possible.
    I always rode a bike with the thought that all cars and trucks were out to flatten me.

The left turn situation to which I refer, is when an oncoming vehicle in opposing traffic lanes decides at the last minute to make a left turn across your path, usually at an intersection. However, I've had them also decide to make a left across my traffic lane to enter a driveway.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Harleys are very reasonable in Arizona, where I moved from about four years ago.

Down there I bought this highly customized 1997 Road King for $7000 in 2008 and then sold it for $8500 a couple of years later... Never had a single problem with it and it was a joy to ride. Just got surprisingly bad gas mileage; 21mpg with a pretty radical cam profile and carbs.

Attachment 196759

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    The left turn situation to which I refer, is when an oncoming vehicle in opposing traffic lanes decides at the last minute to make a left turn across your path, usually at an intersection. However, I've had them also decide to make a left across my traffic lane to enter a driveway.
    Awh, I've had that happen even when I'm driving a large pickup. If they can't see *that*, they sure aren't going to see a motorcycle. So far though, no accidents because of that particular brand of driver cluelessness.

Moderator Emeritus

Seat needs a backrest LOL and I need about $20k in donations to get one...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    It's *only* 1000 hp...

OK... Just for you...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Picky, picky...

OK... Here's a backrest...

Moderator Emeritus

LOL not quite street legal...

Boolit Master

LOL not quite street legal...
    I see what appears to be a headlight and turn signals, it might very well be street legal and registered in some state.

I just have to wonder where he managed to get that front tire. The wheel part is easy, there's plenty of shops that will make custom wheels, but the *tire*???

Does this one count as a backrest for you?

https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1JZ6YM...heel-Cargo.jpg
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 06-04-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Good looking bike for 29 hunnerd
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

looks like something "Little Richard" would ride! "Tutti Frutti!!!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123