Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Share your 9mm load data

Boolit Master
    I like tightgroup too. 3.6 under a Lee 356-125 powder coated. Sized to .357. My M&P 9 2.0 shoots them great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    Some of the posted loads here are kinda unique while others pretty much by the book.
    Anyways, since we're compiling a lot of useful 9mm recipes, I kinda compiled them in the attached file for easy reference.

Export as a PDF and upload that.

The 38-105 SWC Lee as cast and tumble lubed over 4.7 grs of Bullseye is a fun and accurate load in my Beretta 92 and our two S&W Shield-9s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Lately I have been loading the Lee 125 GR. RNFP bullet over 5 gr. of Unique that give me just over 1200 fps in my Ruger P89.
    Last edited by John Van Gelder; 07-16-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Boolit Master
    Conical 120 lead, 3.0 Bullseye,
    Jacketed 115 conical, 4.3 231 1070 fps.

Did I say I like conical?

Also it doesn't have to be an artillery load.

The match loads with tons of power pistol at 1350 fps, did not perform better for me and higher recoil wasn't helping.

A plinking load I like uses the lee 90 gr. RNFP bullet over 2.5 gr. of 700X these do not function the action, which makes finding the brass much easier when hunting small game in heavy cover, the load is very accurate and just fun.

Boolit Master
    Very interesting reading the comments. I've been loading 115 grain jacketed round nose over 4 grains of Tite Group. My 69 year old hands and wrists really do not like the recoil. I will be trying a different combination in the next session of reloading.

Boolit Master
    3.7 grains sport pistol in MIHA's 135 grain. Just shot my best IDPA match using them. Loaded some at 3.5 that just make PF so may back it down to that.

Another load I have been experimenting with, uses the Thompson GC bullet, Lyman 358156, (154 gr. in my alloy) I do not use a gas check, and seat the bullet to the bottom crimp groove. I use this bullet over 4 gr. of Unique, they function reliably in my Ruger P89, I have not chronographed that load just yet but as per the Lyman #44 manual they should be in the 900 fps range.

I need to load more of these and run them through my chronograph to see what they are actually doing.

My go to 9mm is the Lee 120TC or RCBS 124TC over 4.2gr HP38 COL 1.110. that fits my tightest 9 and the bullets can be seated longer in most pistols. Gp

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    my favorite is 3.8 to 3.9gr load of bullseye. In my 9mm ( 120gr lee tc pc) it is very economical and accurate. I would goto 4.0gr be but my next autodisc is 4.2gr.
    oal ?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    My go to 9mm is the Lee 120TC or RCBS 124TC over 4.2gr HP38 COL 1.110. that fits my tightest 9 and the bullets can be seated longer in most pistols. Gp
    Thanks for the COL

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Very interesting reading the comments. I've been loading 115 grain jacketed round nose over 4 grains of Tite Group. My 69 year old hands and wrists really do not like the recoil. I will be trying a different combination in the next session of reloading.
    Get a Ruger PC Carbine 9mm..
    You will love shoot with it.
    Any weight and safe load data is good.

Ruger SR 9. My best is 6 grs of Blue Dot and a 147 gr Magnus commercial cast boolit. It goes 1061 fps average. My gun is not the most accurate 9mm I ever saw but it is dead nuts reliable and has NEVER had an issue with this or any load. It hits pretty hard. A friend uses this load in his carry gun and he says it penetrates like a champ on pigs.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

I have burned a lot of W231 in 9mm. With a 122-125 gr bullet, 4.3 to 4.5 grains runs the G19 and G17. The Sig P320 needs a .357-.358 cast bullet; .356 gets about 3 of 10 that will tumble and hit the target sideways.

For powder puff loads, I had a reduced weight recoil spring and would shoot the 124-125 grain Lee TL swc over about 2.4 grains W231. Felt like I was shooting .22LR
    Last edited by dougader; 05-24-2021 at 12:38 AM.

I loaded more of the 358156 and some of the 357446 this batch came out right at 162 grains, loaded over 4 grains of Unique and seated out to the bottom crimp groove of the first bullet and the top of the upper grease ring on the second bullet. These loads chronographed at between 1000 and 1050 in my Ruger P89. These loads are a bit long and may not feed in all 9mms. TheyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	358158.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	283305 work well in my Ruger P89 and SR series 9mms.

The only 9mm I own that would chamber that cartridge is my S&W 929. None of my other 9mm handguns have sufficient throat to handle it.
    As it happens I don't own any Ruger 9mm handguns.

This was pretty much an experiment in "what if".. The 9mm is probably most efficient with bullets in the 115-130 gr. range. My old Lyman manual list a load for a 158 gr, bullet over 4.5 gr. of Unique the test gun was an old S&W and the published high velocity was 1050 fps. That falls into the range of the .38-44 loading of pre .357 magnum days. The .38-44 was pretty popular with outdoorsman back in the day, hence the name of the gun chambered to take that round. I thought it would be rather appealing to have something that could replicate that performance in a relatively compact 18 round auto loader. My old P89 is nothing if not stout, I use it for load development, it is my usual carry gun when I am out in the forest which is everyday.

If you want to talk about heavy bullets in the 9mm Seismic produces a 9mm load with a 185 gr. bullet at 900 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by John Van Gelder View Post
    This was pretty much an experiment in "what if".. The 9mm is probably most efficient with bullets in the 115-130 gr. range. My old Lyman manual list a load for a 158 gr, bullet over 4.5 gr. of Unique the test gun was an old S&W and the published high velocity was 1050 fps. That falls into the range of the .38-44 loading of pre .357 magnum days. The .38-44 was pretty popular with outdoorsman back in the day, hence the name of the gun chambered to take that round. I thought it would be rather appealing to have something that could replicate that performance in a relatively compact 18 round auto loader. My old P89 is nothing if not stout, I use it for load development, it is my usual carry gun when I am out in the forest which is everyday.

If you want to talk about heavy bullets in the 9mm Seismic produces a 9mm load with a 185 gr. bullet at 900 fps.
    Actually, those are pretty impressive numbers.
    I can't say I would like to fire a steady string of those in a light handgun. I don't load much hotter than that in my 357 magnum.
    If I wanted a load like that Seismic you mentioned, I would shoot a 40S&W.

Those loads are for special occasions. I find it very convenient to carry a high capacity semi auto, I have always felt when I carried a revolver that I needed a couple of extra speed loaders. I can tell you from personal experience that it is quite exciting to try and reload a revolver when playing tag with an irate bear in a vine maple thicket.

Based on the example of the Alaskan guide that killed a charging grizzly with his old S&W 9mm and my one bear kill with the 9mm, I am quite comfortable carrying mine while out doing my daily chores.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456