RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Share your 9mm load data

Boolit Bub

Share your 9mm load data

I was thinking we should have a thread where we share our data and the gun it's loaded for. There's more knowledge on this site than in our manuals. If there's already a thread like this let me know.

Springfield XD and XDS
    STI Spartan
    Lee 124gn round nose cast from ww
    Carnuba red lube
    CCI primers
    4.6gn power pistol
    OAL-1.065

Springfield XDs 9mm
    Federal SP Primers
    3.9 gr Unique
    Lee .358-125-RF Water dropped, powder coated and sized to .356"
    1.020" OAL.
    Mixed Brass.
    Lead is usually COWW. That sort of depends on what I can get my hands on.
    This pistol has a shorter throat than any of the other 9mm's that belong to the family members that also shoot my reloads. As in at least .040" to .050" shorter.
    Also, I just started using a Lee Value turret press, and love it. I had been using a Lee single stage for the 6 or 7 years prior and have started shooting a lot more nowadays, so the single stage has been moved to the garage for depriming before tumbling. Now I catch myself loading more rounds than I have boxes to put them in if I'm not careful. I've learned more about casting and reloading by reading the posts in this great forum in the last year or so than I learned blundering around by myself in all those other years put together. So thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and experience! Daveco.

M&P 9c
    Lee 358-125-RF air-cooled, sized .357
    5.5 AA #5
    CCI 500 primer
    1.070" OAL
    1006 fps Inst. @ 15 '.
    Terry

I will never intentionally shoot your sacred cow.

Boolit Bub
    This is great keep them coming

4.4 gr. #231,sml. r. pr. saeco #383 & beverage can G.C. in Norinco Tok. is fine, but P-85 showed I'm flogging it , Norinco, IS a very TOUGH pistol, my 2 cent coment, Fivefang

Beretta 92FS blued
    Boolit-- almost anything 95-155 grains with almost any nose profile or OAL.
    Primer--anything that goes bang
    Powders-- Everything I have tried that has enough power to work the action. I have used loads below starting weights and they function this action just fine. Accuracy doesn't seem to get better or worse with changes in velocity.
    This pistol feeds anything that will fit inside the chamber and magazine reliably. It shoots acceptably accurately with all boolit weights.
    It does better with larger for caliber diameters since the barrel slugs large at .357 yet shoots fine with FMJ at .355
    It particularly like the NOE 358-135-FN. Best accuracy with this boolit sized to 358. Any powder charge that works the action no matter the velocity.
    Chamber is loose enough to accept boolits up to .360 with no issues unless the chamber is really dirty.
    If you want a reliable, reasonably accurate pistol that just plain works when dirty or clean with any ammo you can find, this is it.

Boolit Master
    Gun:
    1941 Mauser Luger made for the German SS. All serial numbers match except for the toggle pin. Bore is about new. Six groove with bore=0.3484" and groove=0.3573".

Boolit:
    MP 35-125 HP from a group buy. The alloy is air cooled 2.22%Sn, 2.21%Sb, 0.18%As, and 95.38%Pb. The lube is Lyman Super Moly. The flat point weighs in at 135.6gr lubed and the penta hollow point at 128.5gr lubed. The boolits drop consistently at 0.3600" and I sized to 0.358" The OAL was 1.108" seemed to work well.

Primer:
    CCI small pistol

Powder:
    4.3gr Unique

I used the same powder charge and OAL for both the solid and hollow point successfully.

Boolit Grand Master

Any cast bullet 115 - 125 gr self cast or commercial
    4 gr Bullseye
    Any case; commercial or milsurp
    Any SP primer

This load has functioned many 9mm handguns reliably and is quite accurate. I've also used it in various subguns very reliably. This has been my "go to" cast bullet load since I started using it in the early '70s. It's never been "broke" so I haven't fixed it with any other load. I presently use the Lee 356-120-TC cast of 94/3/3 alloy, AC'd, sized .357 and lubed with BAC or the NRA 50/50 lube. I have used several other 9mm cast bullets though. If commercial cast are used I TL them as per Lee's instructions with LLA and let thoroughly dry before loading. I also wash the hard wax lube off and relubed with BAC.

Larry Gibson

NOE 358-135FN 1.070" (Dark green)
    Lee 358-125 RNFP 1.020" (Black/Blue)
    MiHec 359-135 1.125" (Powder blue)
    Lee 358-105 SWC 1.000" (Blue)

All sized 0.358"

Above are max. OAL after powder coating that I have found to reliably chamber in some of the various "no throat 9's" currently being produced. Including pic for reference.

I typically load any of above the 125-135gr bullets with either 4.5gr Unique or less frequently, 3.8gr Bullseye.

Lee 105 SWC has performed best with 4.0gr W231/HP-38. This bullet has been a finicky feeder, and very touchy with accuracy when altering charge weights in 9mm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170528_101708-1.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	196502
    Last edited by KVO; 05-29-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Any cast bullet with my lube or FWFL, 120-135 gr. 4 gr AA2 surplus, segregate cases by mfg and use any sp primer. IMO 9mm is not a target round like a 45, but I like to get as good of groups as possible.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Through trial and error (and reading) over 4 years, I've come to this conclusion...

I've tried a few different powders, but have settled with Unique for the 9mm. While it's known to be dirty, if your load gets near the 25Kpsi range, it burns cleaner. The load I mention below, calculates to about 24Kpsi. With that load and using SL68B for a lube, the guns stays quite clean after shooting 200 rds or so (my typical range visit).

I like a boolit in the 120gr to 130gr range. I have used all the following with the load listed below.
    Lee 358-125-RF
    Lee 356-120-TC
    NOE 358-128-SWC

I cast these with 94-3-3 and size them to .357

I use a custom-made powder through expander (made by Buckshot) in a Lee die and Lee's Pro-disk powder measure. The case is expanded to .355 with that setup. I use the Lee seat/crimp die, to seat and crimp in one step...BUT I am not really crimping, I only remove the case mouth flare. Remember, 9mm headspaces off the case mouth, if you crimp too much, the case can enter the chamber too far, depending on how worn (or sloppy) your extractor is.

The Load:
    4.2gr Unique (Alliant, that'd be the new Alliant Unique, which Alliant claims to be cleaner burning), I get that drop from Lee's .57cc disk fairly consistently with the normal vibrations using Lee's classic Turret press. That loads pushes a 120gr to 130gr boolit to about 1000 fps.

The Guns that have successfully shot that load"
    Browning High Power (1980s vintage)
    Hi-point C9
    Ruger P89
    Ruger P85
    the New Ruger 9e

I guess I should mention, a friend shot some of this load in a Glock, I don't recal which model or gen? but it had an original polygonal type barrel...he did get lead fouling, I suspect the .357 was just too small for that gun.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    interesting to see a bunch of happy 9mm cast loads. I'm still struggling to find a loading that shoots consistently in any of my 9's.

Maybe MT Gianni has it right, as I might be expecting too much accuracy from my 9's.

Quote Originally Posted by RMII View Post
    Maybe MT Gianni has it right, as I might be expecting too much accuracy from my 9's.
    I expect my cast boolits to shoot very close to the same group sizes that jacketed does in the same handgun be it an auto or a revolver. So far I have been able to achieve that.

Magma Engineering 124gn BB NLG cast with 92/6/2 lead and Hi-Tek coated
    4.3gn Vihtavuori N320
    OAL 1.108
    CZ-75 SP-01 (not a Shadow)
    soft recoil and 130PF for IPSC
    great accuracy too.

Behind enemy walls where the libertards run amok
    Tagged. This should be a sticky?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Glock 19, CZ 75 P-01 & CZ P-07
    Lee TL 124gr RN - finished product 125ish grains seated 1.085
    Harbor Freight flat black PC
    4.1gr W231, with that boolit, in any of those guns, works fantastic and gives great accuracy
    As far as brass and primers go I usually use Winchester primers and about any brass I've picked up at the range
    Also, I made and shot a lot of 9mm with the same boolit both tumble lubed and PC'd with 3.9gr of Bullseye with very good results - Note; Nothing wrong with BE I just got a great deal on some W231.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Any cast bullet with my lube or FWFL, 120-135 gr. 4 gr AA2 surplus, segregate cases by mfg and use any sp primer. IMO 9mm is not a target round like a 45, but I like to get as good of groups as possible.
    I use this same load with pr200 (surplus aa2) I also load lots with 4.5 grains of unique.

Boolit Master

Accurate Molds 147Y powdercoated and sized to .357.
    Springfield XD Subcompact Mod2
    147gr 4.0gr Unique
    147gr 6.3gr aa7

Boolit Master
    I've found success in the 9mm with various boolits: my go-to profiles are the Lee 120 TC (non-TL), NOE 358-135 RF and NOE 358-150 ELKO. Go-to powders are BE and 231, anywhere from 3.5 up to around 4.2 depending on boolit weight.

As for 9mm accuracy-although these all shoot good, I have yet to find anything more accurate out of my 9mm pistols than a 115 gr. FMJ over any suitable load.
    Last edited by Boolseye; 05-31-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Boolit Master

Lee 120 gr TC. Lino alloy. Sized .358
    3.6 gr 700X.
    WSP primer......dale

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast