Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: baschieri & pellagri hulls

Boolit Master

baschieri & pellagri hulls

have some of these in my used hulls box for reloading but noticed that the primer end is plastic, it has a brass ring around the outside but the part that holds the metric primer is plastic. has anybody reloaded these or am I thinking correct that these are only good for the trash. the upper part of the shell is made from a heavy plastic and folds nice but that bottom end being plastic worries me.

I do not know about those hulls .But for the bottom being plastic I would not worry about . Because Active hulls are all plastic they are old the ones I have and use them all the time.Just change the primer with the 209 and go from there. As for metric primer sound like euro type of primers. I get a primer tool from BPI to redue the primer pocket to use 209.I do not know how it will work with the hulls you got.i know that some others hulls I got from someone that was euro and use the tool and it took care of have to use the euro primers.Just a idea for you.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Good Morning, actually they are the best hulls on the market. Their bottom end is specifically designed to reduce pressure by about 40 bars, as it acts as a shock absorber. You can decap and use a cheddite o fiocchi primer. With these hulls you can actually load stronger loads.

Boolit Master

thanks for the info, they did look like quality hulls just that bottom being plastic worried me. actually a 209 primer fit and is snug enough not to fall out so maybe these things are worth using for slug loads.

Boolit Man
    They also produce very good quality crimps, both fold and roll.
    Sometimes, after decupping a little plastic disc remains in the primer flash hole area of the hull that must be removed.