Boolit Grand Master

Gout help

Friend told me about "Solaray Total Cleanse Uric Acid"
    Found some cheap on ebay.
    It works good for me.
    I ran out and tried "Swanson Uric Acid Cleanse"
    Cost less than half or the Solaray.
    It didn't help at all.
    Also take Black Cherry Extract, Celery Seed, and Turmeric.
    Anyone have something they use????

Boolit Master
    LOts of Water & then get rid of it...

Keeps me from having to get that other stuff or use Allopurinal, which if ya take it, makes ya need to do what...

Same thing...

Drink more water & get rid of it more..

It is one of those, Be informed & avoid excess of the purine containing stuff that causes the issue. & .... Drink more water( stay hydrated) & get rid of it..

I hope you find relief.

G'Luck!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Been on Allopurinol for over 15 years now! It's cheap and no pain!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

A friend of mine says cucumbers help him.
    He eats 1/2 of one a day and says he has no more problems.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

I stop eating proteins when I have a flair up, especially chicken. Salad, hot water soak, drink lots of water, cherry juice and I've found V8 splash (the diet kind as I'm diabetic) works well also. It's all about dissolving the crystals and getting the uric acid out of your system. The hot water soak on the affected area helps to dissolve the crystals and the large intake of fluid helps reduce the uric acid level. The cherry juice and V8 splash have enzymes to help as well. My last flair up was in my knee, never had it there before, was also the last time I ate at Red Lobster... Hard to soak a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Been on Allopurinol for over 15 years now! It's cheap and no pain!
    ^^^^^ditto^^^^ 25 years though
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Perma-Banned
    Baking soda and water if you can, some folks can't due to high blood pressure etc. follow the directions on the box for heartburn. I have been fighting with Gout for 15 years or so, matter of fact i just had to take a Colchicine pill last night at bedtime, i could feel it starting in my ankle.

I also take baking soda to help reduce the acid level of my blood "per Dr. Orders" also helps cleanse my kidneys as my kidneys are only at 10% function.

Perma-Banned
    The little colchicine pills are HARSH, they DEFINITELY work, but until you know your limit you need stay within reasonable distance of a bathroom, they will give the screaming you know what! I am prescribed colchicine, and Indomethacin, in combination they definitely work, and work fast

Boolit Master

I was on allopurinol for years. I finally figured out the hydration portion of it which prevented flare ups except got April/May time frame whenfresh asparigus came into season. If I eat it over twice per week I can count on a flare up even while on allopurinol which requires 3 servings.

Boolit Grand Master
    Four natural things that work to keep gout away.
    Celery Seed is rich in Omega-6 fatty acids and diuretic oils that help the body cleanse itself. It stimulates the kidneys and helps get things moving. Remember, much of our excess Uric Acid content is expelled through urine, which makes Celery Seed a must-have in any formula.
    Turmeric is well studied for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, Tumeric is a powerful natural tool.
    Tart Cherry is the key ingredient in any Uric Acid formula. In a massive study of this association, they found the following: “Our study included 633 individuals with gout. Cherry intake over a 2-day period was associated with a 35% lower risk of gout attacks compared with no intake…These findings suggest that cherry intake is associated with a lower risk of gout attacks.”
    Chanca Piedra is an incredible Amazonian plant that acts as a diuretic, and this is why it’s so important. Studies have shown that Chanca Piedra it increases urine volume which is very important to healthy Uric Acid levels. This makes Chanca Piedra a must-have in any Uric Acid support supplement.

Allopurinol didn't work for me. It did just the opposite, gout got worse.
    Diet is the main thing.
    And Lots of water.

Perma-Banned
    I have tried the Tart cherry, i have eaten them fresh, bought it in extract, None of it helped me at all. I have had the absolute best luck with baking soda and water. Gout can not live in an alkalized body, Raise the PH of your body and you will be rid of gout. Baking soda, and Real fresh squeezed lemons in water are a couple of ways to raise your bodies PH, it's something you have to do everyday. Look up alkalizing the Body, and Gout

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Four natural things that work to keep gout away.
    Celery Seed is rich in Omega-6 fatty acids and diuretic oils that help the body cleanse itself. It stimulates the kidneys and helps get things moving. Remember, much of our excess Uric Acid content is expelled through urine, which makes Celery Seed a must-have in any formula.
    Turmeric is well studied for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, Tumeric is a powerful natural tool.
    Tart Cherry is the key ingredient in any Uric Acid formula. In a massive study of this association, they found the following: “Our study included 633 individuals with gout. Cherry intake over a 2-day period was associated with a 35% lower risk of gout attacks compared with no intake…These findings suggest that cherry intake is associated with a lower risk of gout attacks.”
    Chanca Piedra is an incredible Amazonian plant that acts as a diuretic, and this is why it’s so important. Studies have shown that Chanca Piedra it increases urine volume which is very important to healthy Uric Acid levels. This makes Chanca Piedra a must-have in any Uric Acid support supplement.

Allopurinol didn't work for me. It did just the opposite, gout got worse.
    Diet is the main thing.
    And Lots of water.
    Allopurinol did the EXACT same thing to me, everytime i tried to take it i would end up in worse shape! Supposedly the key is to get your body adjusted to it, I couldn't take it anymore, the worse Gout flare ups i ever had!

All I can say is praise God for Allopurinol, and begone with all these "natural" remedies!

Modern med's have been a blessing to mankind, if not so the average lifespan would not be s long as it now is.

Remember folks Nicitine, pot, alcohol, arsenic, and all the others are "all natural". hehehe

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm sure Allopurinol works great for most people.
    I have a friend who takes it and still get attacks.
    I tried baking soda once. Couldn't take it. It all came right back up.

Perma-Banned
    I forgot about Apple Cider Vinegar, it is a VERY good one as well!! It needs to be the all natural one like Braggs

Boolit Buddy
    Allopurinol for 5 years w/o a flareup. A side-effect of the gout problem, however, is bursitis... uncomfortable, but not in the same league as gout.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Krile View Post
    Allopurinol for 5 years w/o a flareup. A side-effect of the gout problem, however, is bursitis... uncomfortable, but not in the same league as gout.
    Gout is some SERIOUS nasty stuff, it can cripple ya if you dont get it took care of! It boils down to diet, learn your triggers and AVOID them, maintain a healthy diet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    I forgot about Apple Cider Vinegar, it is a VERY good one as well!! It needs to be the all natural one like Braggs
    Absolutely, also lowers blood sugar.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slohunter View Post
    Absolutely, also lowers blood sugar.
    ACV is actually very good for a lot of ailments, from skin conditions to antacid, it is also awesome for weight loss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast