Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision PBcastco
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: .22's at more-or-less normal prices

I gladly pay 4-5 dollars for 50 if its good ammo.

Boolit Master

What's the shelf life on these in sealed ammo cans anyhow?
    I've shot a fair amount of pretty old .22 ammo over the years. I once got a couple .50 cal size ammo cans full of .22 bricks with a carload of reloading stuff from an estate. Several bricks looked to be from the '60s or '70s at the latest. They shot fine.

Anyone know if rim fire ammo lasts like centerfire? I don't know myself. I've shot centerfire rounds over 100 years old.

I've shot rimfire that was from the late 60 and early 70s. It was stored in a house in a the bottom compartment of a gun cabinet. Nerry a problem.

Boolit Grand Master
    Back around 1970. I found an old box of 22's in My grandfather's stuff that dated back before WWII. It went bang in my new Ruger 10/22. I dare say if kept away from extreme heat and not stored under water, children yet unborn could be shooting our stashes.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    I got some Winchester 555 boxes for $33/box last month . It's nice to see some on the shelves again.
    Harter, I bought around 10 boxes of this in 2012 when the supply was heading South. I still have 5 bricks. Wish I hadn't bought so much. truncated cone shape doesn't feed well and have had quite a few duds. I hope you have better results than i have.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    If it doesn't work out in the pump or auto rifles I have a single shot and a revolver .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I had the same issues with bricks of a Win Western, which is similar if not the same as the Win 525s. The duds are really duds! Can't make 'am go boom with a revolver or bolt gun.

Boolit Grand Master

22 ammo down to almost 4¢ a round for cheap plinkers

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    Well, knock me down & suck my...............thumb! cruised the sportin' goods section of Wally-World out of habit & bless my soul. they had Federal American Eagle .22lr for $2.47 a box...
    Hey bubba.50, we're these 22LR boxes of 50 or 40 rnds? I got duped by the AE boxes of 40 during the shortage. My bad, but this was a scam by Federal, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    If I happen to find some CCI Blazer (the only 22lr that works in all my guns) for @ 5 cents/rd, I'll buy some. Other than that, I've pretty much given up on 22lr as a caliber. I'd honestly rather shoot cast 9mm and 40 S&W out of a PCC.
    Hey 308Jeff, CCI Blazer is one of my favorites, too. Have you tried CCI Std.Velocity? My firearms that like the Blazers like the StdVel as well. Next in line for me is Rem Golden Bullets then Fed blue box. My 2 cents...

Boolit Master
    I still have plenty of the Walmart Federal 550 bulls packs I paid $8.97 for. Bought out two complete stores about 10 years ago. Just couldn't believe it was less than $.02 a round so went nuts and bought every box I could find for a few days. It's good for plinking.
    But my tastes have shifted to Blaser and CCI Mini Mags so need to keep my eyes opened for some good sales.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Grand Master

Makes me laugh at how some of the dealers are still trying to cut a fat hog. Stopped at GU in Omaha the other day and they were selling 22's at between 40 and 50 a brick. Next door Wal Mart had the same ammo on the shelf for $24 a brick. Guess who got the business!

Boolit Bub
    Wally world had Federal 325 rounds at $14.97 last Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    Hey 308Jeff, CCI Blazer is one of my favorites, too. Have you tried CCI Std.Velocity? My firearms that like the Blazers like the StdVel as well. Next in line for me is Rem Golden Bullets then Fed blue box. My 2 cents...
    Have not tried CCI Std Vel yet, but I'll be sure to give them a shot! Haven't seen Blazer anywhere except PSA, and I thought $30/500 was a little too high. Thank you for the recommend!

I haven't tried Golden Bullets as a lot of people on the local shooting board were reporting high failure-to-fire rates a few years back. Probably just a bad lot though!

Boolit Master
    It's been nice seeing cheap .22 ammo at 'reasonable' prices again. I got a few good deals on some .22 rimfire guns that I wanted during the shortage because people didn't believe they would ever see rimfire ammo prices reasonable again.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master

They still aren't back to where they were. But I can find Winchester M22 again. This is the only ammo that functions in all of my 22s. So I'm buying it when I come across it.

It's spotty here, I keep checking but only buy what I need when they have some. My supply is increasing.

Boolit Master

It's getting about there here. I just saw the WalMart shelf full of Federal 550's at $19.94. If I could justify spending money I'd say it was about time to stock up.

Bud's had CCI Mini mag's at 7 cents ea the other day. Tempting. Had not seen those for a long time.

Boolit Master

$44.00 per 1000 CCI Long Rifle 40 gr.....current price here...
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast