MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingPBcastcoLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: .22's at more-or-less normal prices

Perma-Banned
    .22's in stock more regular at Wally-World to the point they've removed the limits on how many ya can buy. but I sure wish I'd bought another box or two of the magnums when they had them as I haven't seen them back since that one time. plenty of 17hmr's if ya like such things.

Heck I'm still glad I don't have the guy at the ammo counter the joke of the day "do you have any 22lr in stock" that was the norm for a couple years. And by all means stock up. If I continue to shoot as much as I've been doing the past couple years, then I have perhaps two more years of powder in metal cans left. Then it's all what I've been buying since the manufacturers switched to plastic. Unfortunately I was extremely low on 22lr when the panic hit from plinking with the kids. We also switched over to pellet guns for backyard plinking, but have been dusting off the 22's since last spring.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    It's always a good idea to have a little extra around Bubba . Some of the guys here are still using primers they bought before Clinton took office .

Jack
    How about Carter?

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Forgive me , I was just a pup then and thought differently . Besides that there was a slight cash flow problem for me . On the good side I think I was the only one in my family that liked guns

Got a case of Federal auto-match for a hundred ninety bucks delivered recently . That's the first case I've bought since mid 08 .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    The local Walmart last week had Remington Golden Bullet 100-packs and CCI std. velocity 50-rd boxes in stock. The first time I've seen (doesn't mean they never had any) any .22 LR on the shelf since we moved here 3 yrs. and 10 mos. ago. A couple of days later the HV Remington was gone but they still seemed to have plenty of CCI SV @ 3.47/box.

I bought some Aguila 22's at Cabelas the other day. High priced from the old days, $35. a brick. I have Federals , Winchester, CCI and Remington in my cabinet. I didn't have anything my 10/22 liked. The Aguila was great. I hate to pay the price but I'm going to lay a couple more bricks up .
    My Browning Tbolt likes white box Federal and Winchester power points. The rest shoots well in my Mk ll Ruger. I'm well pretty fixed on 22's now. Probably will outlast me.

Is that the same Wallyworld that told me, when I asked. for something that they don't carry it. And beings they don't you don't need it????

Rob

If I happen to find some CCI Blazer (the only 22lr that works in all my guns) for @ 5 cents/rd, I'll buy some. Other than that, I've pretty much given up on 22lr as a caliber. I'd honestly rather shoot cast 9mm and 40 S&W out of a PCC.

Boolit Buddy
    For me it's still cheaper to buy online and even with shipping (if present) it's still cheaper than local. Other thing I've noticed is that quality seems to be up. This month I've went through about 4x525 boxes of Federal bulk with mix of pistol and rifle (semi) - not a single hiccup.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    If I happen to find some CCI Blazer (the only 22lr that works in all my guns) for @ 5 cents/rd, I'll buy some. Other than that, I've pretty much given up on 22lr as a caliber. I'd honestly rather shoot cast 9mm and 40 S&W out of a PCC.
    I just need a 9mm PCC. Or a .357 lever gun.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Or a 222 or 223 ..... I have $5/100 in either ........well after that $97 bullet was loaded in the first case . Just got the 225-37 , 185 bullets per lb , 3 gr of Unique or Red Dot for 22 mag plus shooting .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I just need a 9mm PCC. Or a .357 lever gun.
    I've been heavily considering a Glock 22 with a Mech Tech upper. You might really like a Glock 20 with one?

Boolit Buddy

primers are still 39 bux here where I live , plenty of 22 and 22 mag ammo available also , ARs are down considerably....on that note im stuck with 10 ARs that I acquired and or built, anticipating Clinton being elected.......but im sure that one day we will have another scare and then I will cash in on that investment, good thing they dont eat or I would be in trouble LOL
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I've been heavily considering a Glock 22 with a Mech Tech upper. You might really like a Glock 20 with one?
    I've got a NIB Gen 3 Glock 20. I'm actually sitting on it hoping that the Springfield 10mm XD pistol isn't vaporware. I'd much rather have an XD in 10mm.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Picked up a box of Win 555 bulk @ Walmart yesterday. They had more on the shelf than they've had since the drought. Came to 30 and change per box. Also got some Fed Target in 40 gr. (last week) that was less than 30/bx of 325. I'm slowly building a stock supply and have 5 different brands/kind. I was asked for my drivers license when I bought the Fed Target, but not when I picked up the Win 555 bx.; I asked why and the clerk said it was store policy.

Perma-Banned
    likely they consider the target as pistol ammo or some such.

they're havin' a regular enough supply at the local Wally-World that they've removed the limits on it. now if they'd just get more 22mag in stock.

before the next panic I'm'a be stocked up enough to keep the next two generations of Nester's in plinkin' ammo.

Called the local gun store for some 6 1/2 Remington primers for my Hornets. Went to get them and $49.95 per 1000 ? I changed my mind. I'm going to Cabelas Thursday . lol

Perma-Banned
    5000 TMD for 5 cents each

Boolit Master
    A local shop had cci blazer 500 bricks for 30. Also wally world has cci mini mag 300 packs for 21. Not quite where I'd like it to be, but it's getting better.
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez Traffer (at this age) should just shoot and not worry to much about the $$$.
    Use oldies aren't gonna live forever, primers aren't gonna get cheaper, etc. etc.
    Last edited by GONRA; 06-24-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: unintended duplicate

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast