Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersPBcastcoReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: .22's at more-or-less normal prices

Perma-Banned

.22's at more-or-less normal prices

Well, knock me down & suck my...............thumb! cruised the sportin' goods section of Wally-World out of habit & bless my soul. they had Federal American Eagle .22lr for $2.47 a box & miracle of miracles they also had Winchester .22mag for $10.87 a box. wasn't expectin' it so, wasn't plannin' on buyin' anything but, I got two boxes of each anyway.

don't have much confidence in the Trumpster Dumpster bein' around long so, I believe I'll stock up on anything I shoot before the next Commiecrat gets in the Big House.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I got some Winchester 555 boxes for $33/box last month . It's nice to see some on the shelves again.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    It's always a good idea to have a little extra around Bubba . Some of the guys here are still using primers they bought before Clinton took office .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

I've seen some american eagle for 2.50 a box.. but I pass on it. What i've used of the new production stuff is not consistent. I have seen some cci blazer for 4 a box... and I think its the best value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    It's always a good idea to have a little extra around Bubba . Some of the guys here are still using primers they bought before Clinton took office .

Jack
    I took my Granddaughters out last weekend and shot up a box of 22 that was bought some time between Johnson and Ford and I have shotgun primers and Red dot from the Nixon administration .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Perma-Banned
    I still have a few of the boxes of the Federal hollowpoints that came in the 550 round cartons from when they were about 7 bucks a box, most of a brick of PMC sub-sonic Target that cost I think about 15 bucks, a few boxes of Remington sub-sonic that was around 12 or 13 bucks for a brick and some Eley target stuff I can't even locate in the clutter. some of these are probably 25yrs old or more. just glad to see thing finally gettin' back somewhere near normal. I hate to get to feelin' like I can't take a gun out & shoot it 'cause of a bunch of price gougin' hoarders.

they also had CCI's for $3.47 per 50 & Stingers I believe were around 5 bucks. and one 300 round brick of the CCI's per customer but price warn't listed for those.

Happy Days are almost here again. Last week I stopped in my favorite "something of everything store" and .22 ammo was in stock. 100 rd. boxes of Win. Super X for $8+change, and lots of Aguila 50 rd. boxes. I asked the sales girl if there was still a limit on how much per customer and she said, "Yes, you may buy two of these," indicating the Winchester ammo, "or one of these," pointing to a stack of 350 rd. Federal Match loose pack ammo. $15.00 for the Federal. Got one! Will continue to revisit on a weekly basis.

I know the prices aren't going to get back to pre jugears prices but I would like to see it drop a couple cents a shot more .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Perma-Banned
    if ya factor in 8 years of inflation these magnums were 8 or 9 bucks before O'Bozo so, $10.87 ain't far off. and cheap Federal solids were just under 2 bucks so, $2.47 is actually pretty close on them as well. it would be nice if the more premium loadin's caught up though.

Boolit Master
    Old stuff, I was down to shooting my 99 cent 50 box rf just a year or so ago. Had Cheds and Hills stickers on it from late 60s and early 70s when I was living in Christiansburg. Went bang and the grand kids loved it. Now restocking at current prices. Heck even found some Federal 50 grain 22 mag ammo. New so have to see how it shoots and if my Mossy still likes it. 10
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Grand Master

At WallyWorld this morning they had shelves stacked with CCI MiniMags at $7.47/100.
    Counter guy said they came in on Tuesday nights truck, and he's expecting more this week.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I'm seein' em at around 8 cents in a couple of stores now. Glad to see it too.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Bubba , you're probably right there , the last eight years added what? sixteen trillion in debt ? You might be seeing the lowest it's going to get . And yes , it is good to see it available for those that didn't stock up .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Perma-Banned
    I sold my rimfires and went to Air rifles, not the same horsepower but i can buy a Tin of 500 pellets for well under 10 bucks. I can hit a small Gatorade bottle at a ranged 100 yards and the 10.5 grain pellet goes through it. Good nuf for me, and no worries about .22 Ammo

Boolit Bub
    My wally word is fully stocked with everything. Centerfire to rimfire ....

Banned
    OK. I started shooting again after a 35 year lay off. Just started reloading too. All in the past 2 years. I know what a deal is on 22 rim fire. But what is a decent price for primers? I hope they will start selling for less than half of what I have seen them for in the past year. $.04 per....NUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    OK. I started shooting again after a 35 year lay off. Just started reloading too. All in the past 2 years. I know what a deal is on 22 rim fire. But what is a decent price for primers? I hope they will start selling for less than half of what I have seen them for in the past year. $.04 per....NUTS.
    I see guys talk about $22 /1000 but 24-25 is about the best I have seen . 1 exception is the last 5k #41s I bought in an arsenal pack at $21 . For the last 4 yr I've been buying what/when in CCI standard primers in < $100 lots , for a long time I could only buy 2k at a time . There were spans when there were no LRP , no LPP ,no SRP , and currently the SPP is lacking I have a few small and large pistol magnum primers to sub in light rifle loads for rifle primers when things were really skimpy and that's all there was .

I have been buying primers at $29 per thousand for the last few years. I have seen the S&B and Tula primers for less but don't trust them.
    I ran into a dealer at a gun show a few months ago who had an overstock of LRP he used for reloading(he reloaded professionally). I got the 6 boxes of Federal he had on the table for $23 per thousand. Unfortunately, they are half gone now. My 243, 308, and 30-06 are hungry.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hereabouts, 6+ to about 8 cents is the new normal for 22 LR, but it is storming back on the shelfs. In the last 8 weeks I have seen shelves fill up and with diverse head stamps, too. We had been seeing some CCI now and again, but the Federal, Winchester, and Remington offerings had been almost totally absent for 3 years.
    Primers, purchased in 5k sleeves, run about 130$ for CCI, Remington, and Winchester while Federals run about 10 dollars higher, or 2.6 to 2.8 cents a piece. Purchased in the 100 round pack, prices are just about a nickel a piece for primers and about 37.00 a 1k sleeve.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I just did the math $4.70/100 for 22 LR and mag level 222&223 . It is nice to have LR back on the shelf .

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast