Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .25acp/auto moulds?

Boolit Grand Master

Ya know, to each his own, but I would about rather drop a ten pound ingot on my bare foot as to load another 25ACP. Had a guy years ago want me to load him a couple of hundred of them for him. Said I would if he would buy the dies for me. He did, and I loaded them for him, gave them to him along with the dies, and a promise to myself that I would not ever load another round of the thing. I lost some skin on finger tips in sizing the little cases. Even drew blood on one. I was younger and hopefully dumber at that point in my life, or at least I think I was.

On the other hand, I cast and shoot for hornets, and there are a lot of folks who probably feel about the same way about them.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    Aw, ****, I need a cast 25 mold now.

Clark, you keep being you. From reading your posts have led me further to experiment with 32 S&W Long than any loadbook ever did, and I came up with some SANE but hot 32 Long loads.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

The 25-ACP is by no means the most interesting tiny cartridge out there to load for. There is a propitiatory/wild-cat cartridge floating around out there that consists of a slightly smaller diameter case then the 25-ACP that is basically a non-rimmed center fire version of a 22-lr case that is necked down to take a 5mm boolit. There is also another one out there that is basically a center fire version of the 17-Mark II and uses and even smaller 17-cal boolit but it is actually easier to load for since it doesn't use an odd size 5mm bullet although it is a PITA to get the powder through the little tiny neck.

Although I do load and cast for the 25-ACP I much prefer the 32-ACP although I wish neither were semi-rimmed cartridges and were true rim-less. Anyone that has experienced a phenomenon known as "rim-lock" in the magazine of there little semi-auto knows exactly what I'm talking about. I've often though a neat little wild-cat cartridge could be made by trimming down 30-carbine brass to a shorter length and capping them off with heavier weight 0.312" diameter bullets like used in the 32-H&R mag (as apposed to the lighter weight 0.311" diameter bullets used in 32-ACP) and then converting a 9mm NATO single stack ultra-compact pocket pistol to use them in a double stack arrangement in the existing mag with the loaded cartridge overall length set to match that of the 9mm NATO cartridge. Less recoil more magazine capacity and an over-all easier controlled and more pleasant to shoot weapon that packs more punch then a 32-ACP and won't rim-lock on you. Yes, I know the 380-ACP cartridge pretty much fits that description as well but there is a penetration and hydro-shock advantage to a smaller boolit moving faster and both the 32-ACP and 380-ACP can have inadequate penetration problems in all but the best loading combinations.

Guess I am going to have to get stuff to load for the 25acp now. not worried about mouse loads either just have to exit the barrel.
    http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_6412.jpg

Have you looked into the 32 NAA? Since you planned on using a 9mm Parabellum, how about having a barrel made for it's daddy, the 30 Luger?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo1889 View Post
    The 25-ACP is by no means the most interesting tiny cartridge out there to load for. There is a propitiatory/wild-cat cartridge floating around out there that consists of a slightly smaller diameter case then the 25-ACP that is basically a non-rimmed center fire version of a 22-lr case that is necked down to take a 5mm boolit. There is also another one out there that is basically a center fire version of the 17-Mark II and uses and even smaller 17-cal boolit but it is actually easier to load for since it doesn't use an odd size 5mm bullet although it is a PITA to get the powder through the little tiny neck.

Although I do load and cast for the 25-ACP I much prefer the 32-ACP although I wish neither were semi-rimmed cartridges and were true rim-less. Anyone that has experienced a phenomenon known as "rim-lock" in the magazine of there little semi-auto knows exactly what I'm talking about. I've often though a neat little wild-cat cartridge could be made by trimming down 30-carbine brass to a shorter length and capping them off with heavier weight 0.312" diameter bullets like used in the 32-H&R mag (as apposed to the lighter weight 0.311" diameter bullets used in 32-ACP) and then converting a 9mm NATO single stack ultra-compact pocket pistol to use them in a double stack arrangement in the existing mag with the loaded cartridge overall length set to match that of the 9mm NATO cartridge. Less recoil more magazine capacity and an over-all easier controlled and more pleasant to shoot weapon that packs more punch then a 32-ACP and won't rim-lock on you. Yes, I know the 380-ACP cartridge pretty much fits that description as well but there is a penetration and hydro-shock advantage to a smaller boolit moving faster and both the 32-ACP and 380-ACP can have inadequate penetration problems in all but the best loading combinations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123