RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Experience with Lead Bullet Technology molds

Boolit Mold

Experience with Lead Bullet Technology molds

Any one out there using Lead Bullet Technology molds ? I was looking at getting one made for my two grove 1903a3 Remington.

Boolit Master
    The few that I have had where a joy to cast with

Boolit Mold
    I can not say enough good things about veral's molds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'm another LBT fan. I've cast a lot of those flat-nosed boolets in 357 and 44 mag with Veral's moulds.

Boolit Grand Master

Veral makes great molds. Phone contact has worked the best for me.

http://www.lbtmolds.com/

Banned

good molds to cast with but for the $ he charges they should be made out of steel or brass. Aluminum molds are just to easy to screw up

Boolit Master
    I think Vera's molds are top notch. He has spent a lot of time to get the best attributes in the metals he uses. He explained it to me once on the phone. Compare his venting to other molds as well.
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Good service & advice from Veral! His molds fit my guns perfectly, were accurate, and very easy to cast with...as long as you kept them @ 770 - 800deg. F.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Good service & advice from Veral! His molds fit my guns perfectly, were accurate, and very easy to cast with...as long as you kept them @ 770 - 800deg. F.
    Wow! I've cast more boolets with LBT moulds than all my others combined and have never run anything over 725 degrees and I believe that was with iron moulds. Virtually all my casting has been with WW metal, usually water-dropped.

LBT moulds have all been fine moulds and have given me no drama. Veral taught me to love aluminum in a gang mould -- I use nothing else these days: my Arsenal and NOE are also aluminum.

Boolit Buddy

Another vote for Veral's molds. Top of the line.

I have one two cavity mould for my .41 Mag that drops spot on for the dimensions I requested. Both cavities are identical and drop bullets with great ease. The bullet works extremely well in my S&W 57. Price has and delivery time steered me toward Accurate moulds.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

They are the best molds I have . And he has more knowledge IMO than any other mold maker I have ever talked to or done business with . Marvin

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I'm very happy with the many molds he's made for me , works first time , every time .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Banned

wish ballistic cast was still making molds. Hands down better bang for the buck. Not that verals molds aren't good mold just that they don't compare to ballistic cast (H&G) or Rob Applegates old molds and in my opinion theres a couple mold makers right here doing group buys that do molds superior to a lbt. But then if most of your casting has been done with lee or lyman molds.................

Boolit Master
    I still use my LBT .44 300 gr LFN mold I bought 25 years ago and it still cast great bullets.

Boolit Master

I have a couple and they work great, but.. the spring hold down over time may ( read will) over heat and not hold down any more. great idea but needs heavier- I think he will replace if needed.
    Also, MY OPINION- he cuts his block top with a cutter that has an offset tooth, like a bent buzz saw tooth. It leaves vent lines under the sprue cutter. GREAT, but I am not sure how this might work out for long range rifle bullets. NOT TESTED just an observation. His book is a real good read if you find a copy. that's my 2 cents

Banned

I never meant to imply that they were junk. Far from it. There a good casting mold. Just not as durable as a steal or brass mold and for the price he gets for them theres better to be found. Now if he kept the same price level and made them out of steal and redesigned the spring hold down that ascast eluded to and make a real cut steal spruce plate instead of that cheap stamped one id be more apt to buy more. Ive got probably 20 of them. Bought them before the group buys here got a couple custom mold makers into the game that make better molds for the same money. I do like some of verals bullet designs though and I sure thank him for one big thing. If it weren't for him we probably wouldn't have the lfn designs which are hands down the best handgun bullets you can cast. We can argue till the sun goes down but I really doubt anyone that's owned a ballisticast or H&G mold will tell you that an lbt is better. not unless there smoking crack.

Boolit Master

Most people on this great forum have far more experience than me, having just about 100 pounds of pb through my furnace. Of my humble stable of 6 molds, my LBT is far and away the most pleasurable to cast with. Closest to nominal diameter and weight. Mine is a 4 hole. When up to temp, it likes a lower alloy temp. It is vented for days, and I like the sprue plate concept.

Veral spent time with me ahead of time to be sure that I got just what I wanted (and as a newbie, what I didn't know that I wanted). Well worth it for the extra money.