RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: pdf of "loading shooting paper patched bullets"?

Boolit Bub

pdf of "loading shooting paper patched bullets"?

I am wanting to find the book in the title that Randolph s wright has written. I'd prefer it be in PDF format though. One reason is for easier reading wherever I want to and it's usually cheaper in PDF format instead of paper back. Does anyone know where I could find one or if it even exists?

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    You can buy those books at SPG sales, Shiloh and Buffalo Arms.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Bub
    Ya I've seen them on Shiloh and Baco, didn't know spg had them. But I'm wanting to find a PDF version of it or an Ebook version. It probably doesn't exist but I thought I would ask here just in case.

Boolit Master
    Exal, I don't know of any digital versions, but the author of the book is a member of the ASSRA web forum and posts under the user name RSW. You could ask him yourself.

Chris.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    that website sure looks like a scam to me, i'd be careful giving out credit card info for "free" goodies.

this really free pdf might work for ya ...

http://csharpsarms.com/cartridge%20loading%20manual.pdf

Rob where the free is coming from is their free registration to get to the reading the book. I don't give out my card numbers to any one on line. I use the Library of Congress for most of my reading. Your link is a good place also.

Banned

their free registration requires giving up credit card info.

Boolit Bub
    Ya I tried getting it from the website lead pot linked to but it sent me round in circles, if you click the sign in button it sends you to one of two sites it seems and I don't think either of the two sites are affiliated with the original link. The link you posted rfd looks interesting and I'll give it a read. I've found a few other free pdfs over paper patching online, but I've heard good things about wright's book.

Boolit Bub
    By the way thanks for the replies so far!

Banned

randy's book is the best out there, imho, and i've read through a bunch others that includes all of mathews and even that uber expensive orville lewis $9 pamphlet (which i found of no personal use).

HOWEVER, as i've been learning since last year, there are a number of different "schools of thought and use" when it comes to PPB's. randy's book is all about using grease cookies, and while he spends no more than a few paragraphs on non-cookied loads (which is THE way to go for me). essentially it'll probably boil down to PPB's for hunting or targets ... or both.

Boolit Master
    I'd agree that RSW's book is a great place to start for a guy looking to get started with paper patched bullets. Orville Loomer's book was interesting to me as he wrote it quite a while ago, before there was much of a revival of paper patch shooting. It was interesting to see his approach. He's also an interesting fellow to talk with. I met him at a match a few years ago in Phoenix. He was shooting a Shiloh Tollofson class rifle ( not the original though, which he now owns ). Although I don't shoot PPB quite the way he does, I have a lot of respect for what he's doing.

Chris.

Banned

i'd pm'd with orville for a few days and then he asked me to call him. we had a good chat about ppb's. his ppb pamphlet was updated in 2006 to reflect some additional info 20 years after the first publishing. but hand's down, randy's book is top shelf and a must-have for anyone interested in ppb's.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    that website sure looks like a scam to me, i'd be careful giving out credit card info for "free" goodies.

this really free pdf might work for ya ...

http://csharpsarms.com/cartridge%20loading%20manual.pdf
    This was quite informative and will require book marking thanks/Ed

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    pdf of "loading shooting paper patched bullets"?
    Might want to read this ...

Link to Brent Danielson's Paper Patching website.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/PPB.htm
    Regards
    John