Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
PBcastco Wideners

Thread: Recived the 2300T

Recived the 2300T

Installed my cart eliminator so I can shoot it tethered to my 1000 psi regulated tank . And put a TKO break on it as well . Adjusted the trigger pull which is good and crisp now . Put about 400 pellets through it so far . I only have one complaint as of now . And that is the short dove tail on the receiver . It places the RD right over the loading port . I did not want to fight loading all the time . So I put a set of inter mounts on it . Did not want to drag the chrony out and deal with that today . I wanted to just shoot and enjoy the pistol . Marvin

Very nice looking the way you have it decked out.

Boolit Master
    Did you order it with the long breech or the short? Crossman does a good job with their CS pistols. I have a 2300S with the LW barrel and it shoots lights out!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverboolit View Post
    Did you order it with the long breech or the short? Crossman does a good job with their CS pistols. I have a 2300S with the LW barrel and it shoots lights out!
    This a off the self pistol not a CS . Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Very nice looking the way you have it decked out.
    Thanks for the complement . My Crosman silhouette 1701P just landed as well . And it sure makes this look ordinary .Marvin

Today I did chrony the 2300T . Tethered and regulated at 1000 psi .with 8.50 grain pellets . Readings were 465,473,471,466, and 466 . Some were around 1500 pellets the trigger got creepy and rough . Took the right grip and trigger side plate off and found every thing was with out lube . Lubed the assembly and installed a little lighter spring I had . Things are working well again . Marvin

Wow! 8 fps. spread for 5 shots. Not bad at all. Given a good bbl. and chamber, it should be quite a shooter.

I shoot spinners not paper . So to say it is a hole in one I can not . But it has no problem in doing its job for me on the spinners .Marvin

Boolit Mold
    I purchased Crosman 2300T Target pistol from Air-gun Depot. The Crosman 2300T is the most accurate air-pistol I own, by far. It is a pure pleasure to shoot this pistol. I would not hesitate to recommend this target air-pistol to anyone looking to improve their accuracy with their pistol shooting. I'm now considering purchasing a custom Crosman Model 2300S.

I looked at it as well . But I bought the 1701P instead . Have not really used it . Been shooting the 2300T . Had a 2240 give out on me and I want to see if this is going to hold up . Had a spring in my collection that matched the stock trigger spring . So to day I took about .030 off it . Dry fired the pistol several times and it fills good . Will shoot the pistol tomorrow and make sure that things will work properly . Trigger is not bad as is but after a few shoots with the 1701 I could see that a improvement would be welcomed . Mountain air sells the 1701 trigger assemble 60 dollars . I am going to buy 4 of his weaker springs and guides and install them in my other pistols . I have one trigger assembly with a super sear in it . I had thought about buying the 1701 assembly for a build I am going to do but I think I will use the assembly I have . I bought a 2240 center section new off e bay for about 40 dollars . I have the top end and the trigger group I mentioned from a old 1377 I have stripped a lot of parts off of . The 3 pieces put together should make a good 1740 with a 10 inch barrel . Marvin

I have been shooting the 2300 changing trigger springs with and with out the adjuster . It had a little more resistance than I like on its lowest setting but was not really stiff . Never could get things really right . After 14,000 pellets I have a winner now . Its been good as I went a long and not all bad . Decided that the springs were in need of a guide . So I ordered some guides and springs from Mountain Air at 7 dollars a pop . Installed one in the 2300 and shot over 700 pellets today . Sear set first time every time . I do not have a trigger gauge but would say I ended up with about half the pull that the stock set up had . No creep a nice light single stage crisp break each time . Is it as good as my super sear 2 stage for 30 dollars no . But I have it set to fire as a single stage . I prefer a single stage light crisp trigger . I am happy with my 7 dollar up grade . Think I will shoot the 1740 tomorrow and give the 2300 a day off . Marvin

Boolit Master
    "After 14,000 pellets I have a winner now "

"shot over 700 pellets today "

If you were using any of the multi pump models you'd have arms like a world champion weight lifter by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    "After 14,000 pellets I have a winner now "

"shot over 700 pellets today "

If you were using any of the multi pump models you'd have arms like a world champion weight lifter by now.
    When I shoot the 1377 I keep it at 2-3 pumps . I did install a trigger guide and spring in it . Thought I might shoot it Sunday . But in this heat I might hold off . Sitting and loading is quite different than physically hand pumping . Think we have had over 100 degrees for over 9 days now .Marvin