MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: If you could have only one knife, which would it be?

I've been a fool for Spyderco Endura and Delica knives for over 35 years. And my current daily carry knife is their Pacific Salt 2 version of the Endura. The Pacific Salt 2 series uses H2 steel, which is the only truly "stainless" steel I have ever encountered. I have rather alkaline sweat, and living here in Arizona, we sweat a lot. Any gun or knife that is going to be carried concealed here is going to be sweated on. I have easily stained other "stainless" steels in guns and knives from having too much contact with my body secretions. But NOT with the Spyderco H2 steel blades! These resist corrosion in a truly revolutionary manner. My current one has been my daily pocket blade for over 6 years now and looks as new as they day I bought it. They only down side is that H2 steel does not retain an edge as well as traditional "stainless" steels and requires resharpening slightly more often. But I can live with that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mODN7QB.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	324014
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

The one knife that I couldn't live without is a 24 cm Eskilstuna Swedish Slicer used in food prep which happens everyday.

I have awesome hunting, skinning and tactical knives that get used one or twice a year.

I stopped pocket carry, because it just wears out your pants. Not a fan of clipping it on either after loosing a 200 dollar Klotzli Carbon fiber wharncliffe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF5631.JPG  

Boolit Grand Master

Cold Steel's SRK-C is a current favorite, especially with the CPM 3V steel version. The full sized SRK with the standard SK-5 carbon steel is pretty darned good, maybe a bit big for EDC. They make the SRK-Compact with the SK-5 steel, too, and it's very good, and amazingly cheap in a decent sheath, too. One man's opinion.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    the last time it hit the fan (Think 1929) Remington was up against it, like many other folks. They did some market research, and went into making pocket knives. Why? Because their research pointed out that most (nearly all) knives are lost or broken within 2 years of purchase. Whatever you want, get a backup or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Cold Steel's SRK-C is a current favorite, especially with the CPM 3V steel version. The full sized SRK with the standard SK-5 carbon steel is pretty darned good, maybe a bit big for EDC. They make the SRK-Compact with the SK-5 steel, too, and it's very good, and amazingly cheap in a decent sheath, too. One man's opinion.

Bill
    I've actually been looking at the SRK-compact.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567