RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: 35 Russian

35 Russian

My search abilities obviously suck. Nosing around the web I can find no useful information on the .35 Russian. JES offers it as a caliber option and I admit to being VERY intrigued by the idea of a 7.62x54R necked up to .358 in a Mosin with NICE rifling [for once!]. I have a Finnish rifle that would be the perfect guinea pig.

Where does one find dies and load data? CH4D does not list it. I've run out of ideas on where to look.

Thank you.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master
    So, Jesse did a 35 Krag for me. This is just the 30-40 necked up to .358 with no other changes. I assume the 35 Russian is the same, ie. no improvements, as in changing the shoulder or removing body taper.

Lee will make you a set of custom collet dies for $70. You send them a pair of fire formed cases and two bullets you want seater plugs for. You will fire-form brass. Easily enough done. Load data if not available will have to be worked up from .358 Win - 35 Whelen - 35/303 Epps. Jesse may have some info.

That's what I thought. At least 35 calibers like easy to work with powders. I'd have to stick close to my chronograph.
    One thing for sure the old stand by of 10.0g of unique will safely get the brass formed.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Perma-Banned
    I've Never heard of a .35 Russian til just now?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Not sure but that cartridge may also be called the 9mm medved. Saw an article about it years ago. Think it was designed around the SVT platform but was supposed to be a hunting cartridge rather than a military one. Frank

Boolit Master
    35 Russian was just a way to save shot out Mosin barrels. Rebore and neck up. Same as the 35 Krag.

Banned
    NoAngel,

An Army buddy of mine has a .358 wildcat on the 7.62 Russian case. - He worked up loads from the .35-40 Krag data.
    Rob says that his rifle works good on moose & elk in ME.

Best Wishes, tex

Boolit Master
    Happy to share 35 Krag data. But I also think starting 5% below starting loads for the 35 Whelan is going to be a good route.

Boolit Master
    That should be a real nice one with cast boolets. And I find that QuickLoad has it listed (they call it the 9x53R Russian) so if you have QL or know someone who does you could get starting ideas there, also.