RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Perfect Plinker for Rossi 92 .357

Boolit Master

Perfect Plinker for Rossi 92 .357

Went to range today to play with some loads to include a plinking load and one my wife would enjoy shooting. Loaded some .357 cases with 3gr of Bullseye. Wow! Was only able to shoot at 25 yards today at a very small target that was more than covered by the front sight and was still able to manage groups that averaged 1.064" at 937fps with 13.6 SD & ES of 32 and shot soft as 22mag. Real pleased with that load. Almost forgot, I was shooting a Lee 125 rnfp.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Don't know about newer ones by my old Puma will shoot and as much as I have to pay for 22LR I think it is about the cheapest to shoot gun I got.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Id like to pick up one in 44colt and one in 357 mag. People seem to really enjoy shooting them

Boolit Bub
    Don't think Rossi ever made one in 44 colt, only 44 Rem Mag. Were you thinking 45 colt maybe?

Boolit Buddy
    fwiw, i'd get one in 454 casull. can shoot 45 colt or the 454 casull. ballistically similar to 45-70. I love mine

Boolit Master
    One of those rifles, and a 30cal ammo can of bullet makes for one fun afternoon!

Boolit Master

You cannot go wrong with the Lee 125 RNFP in the Rossi 92's. I have managed 3 moa 100yd groups @1400 fps with Power Pistol and BE86 and up to 1250 FPS with Bullseye and same accuracy level. That little bullet and the Rossi 92 were made for each other.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

What size does this mold drop bullets from cow alloy?
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    What size does this mold drop bullets from cow alloy?
    Mine drops at .359 Using 50/50 coww/pure
    Last edited by Bzcraig; 06-02-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Thank you Bzcraig
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

Too bad Rossi wasn't smart enough to rifle it for 180 grain boolits.
    I can get fair groups with 358156, but have yet to get anything decent with 358429 or either of the 180 GB boolits (Lar45 or Ranch Dog).
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

I loaded 10grs of 2400 under the Lee 200gr rnfp boolit and got 5 shot groups just under 2" at 50yds.

Boolit Master

I've got a pair of R92's that are super fun to shoot. One in 357 and the other a 44WCF. After using the SteveGunz video and "slicking" up the action both are smooth and easy shootin' rifles.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yep, cheap and easy to load.

I use either the 125 or 130 gr Magma bullets over 2.7 gr of HP38 (W231) or Clays. 1.5 inch groups or less (10 shot) at 30 yards. That is the load I use for CAS.

I will be pushing it a bit faster this year as I will be using the .38's for longer range plinking and pest control.

Those .38/.357 lever actions are fun, versatile and inexpensive to shoot...I have three of them.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I have Rossi's in 38/357, 44mag, and 45, yes I like them. I do however see a Henry in 327mag in my future when they are readily available. The Stevesgunz action mods do make them pretty slick.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmower View Post
    fwiw, i'd get one in 454 casull. can shoot 45 colt or the 454 casull. ballistically similar to 45-70. I love mine
    I've taken more than a couple of deer with my '92 chambered in .454Casull, but using hot load .45Colt.
    I had some 300gr JHP that were loaded for me by a friend.
    They swore these .45Colt loads rival .44mag performances.
    Seeing them in action was proof enough for me.

My '92 seems soft shooting to me, even with full magnum Casull loads.

Vendor Sponsor

I have the 16" 357 and the 16" 45 colt .. Both are fun and very accurate guns
    as mentioned several times above get the stevzguns DVD and slick them up .. you will be very happy
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!