WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Puppies have teeth!

Boolit Master

Puppies have teeth!

Not only did their puppy teeth come in almost over night;last Friday night the coyotes had a kill close by and were making their yelps and howls and all 9 puppies howled back,long after the yotes stopped ,I went down with 10/22 just to check everything out, and it was such a cool sight,all 9 front feet up on the wall heads thrown back and making noise for all they were worth like they were saying this is our turf you best move on!

Boolit Buddy
    That would have been a good photo op.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

The days of sharp little puppy teeth sunk into fingers... worst was Misty got me in the web of the thumb! And on the end of the nose. She was a biter when little.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Watch out for those needle sharp puppy teeth.
    My black Lab Loki bit right through my left ear lobe the day we went to look at them the first time.
    I just picked him up and was making sure he had all his paws and such and he just nailed me.
    He was only just about 5 weeks old or so.
    I figured he would probably bite everyone who picked him up so I put a deposit on him and his brother (Thor) right then and there to make sure he got a good safe loving home.
    He is now just about two years old and has never bitten anyone else.
    Just a pretty good dog.

Boolit Master

Dealing with a 14 week old Newfoundland puppy with rather large sharp teeth now lol. Our grown Pyr's are not amused, neither are the chihuahua's that she plays with against their will...

Boolit Master

Sounds like they will become good hunters!!!!

I haven't had any puppy's with sharp teeth for many years. But just recently I made friends with a feral calico cat wild as the west Texas winds that came around on and off all year. It was born in my shed last june and her mother moved the kittens when I first moved them off the mower deck and that was the last I seen of them. She was one in the litter. This spring I found some hide in the lower pasture that was her Mother. So my Wife said lets tame her down if you can catch her Some food daily got that done where she would not run off when I showed up. Well after a couple weeks I noticed her belly was starting tohang down and getting wider, I said to my Wife now look what you got me into Well I got up one morning and under the dest there where 6 cats now I reached in for the little calico and found out right quick that was not the thing to do and mama latched on to my hand and dug her hind legs in my arm. I think I would sooner have the puppy teeth
    But my cookie munchers 7 and 9 already laid claim to a couple.

Boolit Grand Master

Best provide some toys for those new sharp teeth. If not they'll find something on their own and it might be costly.
    My Son didn't listen to that advice and came home to find the corners chewed off the bathroom cabinets.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Best provide some toys for those new sharp teeth. If not they'll find something on their own and it might be costly.
    My Son didn't listen to that advice and came home to find the corners chewed off the bathroom cabinets.
    Yes sir, rawhides,pig ears and soft wood chew toys all around!

Boolit Master
    I had 5 stitches in my arm last week from a dog fight. We have a real old shepherd(she the one that bit me) and a replacement pup 13 month old. The pup came thru her first heat and was a total differant dog after wards. She is a very strong prederator personality as a pup and now she is full blown alpha female. She tries to take the old one apart every chance she gets. That was how I got bit and my wife got bit by old one also trying to pull them apart. We planned to put the old one down once the pup is full grown and I guess that is now!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Banned

I'm not a cat guy but have to say that little kitten laying next to mama is a cute little critter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    I had 5 stitches in my arm last week from a dog fight. We have a real old shepherd(she the one that bit me) and a replacement pup 13 month old. The pup came thru her first heat and was a total differant dog after wards. She is a very strong prederator personality as a pup and now she is full blown alpha female. She tries to take the old one apart every chance she gets. That was how I got bit and my wife got bit by old one also trying to pull them apart. We planned to put the old one down once the pup is full grown and I guess that is now!
    To separate dogs always pull them away by their back legs, further from the business end and accidental injury.