Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: First blood with Blackhawk .45

First blood with Blackhawk .45

This evening after a long day of mowing, I headed out to our pond to see if the Canadian goose family was still there. Strapped on the Ruger, you know just is case I came face to face with a Grizzly? I was just about finished walking around the pond when either a beaver, or more likely a muskrat was angling toward me. My first shot was at about 40 yards. My fourth shot at about 20 yards clipped him, he splashed around, swam around a couple small circles and disappeared. There were several tuffs of fur floating near the shoreline. Earlier this year we lost 3 very nice large trees to a beaver, he has to go! I pretty happy connecting with a moving target offhand with the big revolver! I hope to take a whitetail this coming Fall.
    hc18flyer

There is just something about a holstered handgun on your hip as you walk around your own land. Because you can.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Moderator Emeritus

I would be discreet about posting re shooting at a beaver on open forums. Illegal in may States.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    And in many states,,, beavers are considered pests or nuisance wildlife. I'm a state certified animal damage control agent. Shooting them is allowed year 'round here in NC on your own property, or with the owners permission.

Congrats on getting the critter with the Ruger.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    And in many states,,, beavers are considered pests or nuisance wildlife. I'm a state certified animal damage control agent. Shooting them is allowed year 'round here in NC on your own property, or with the owners permission.

Congrats on getting the critter with the Ruger.
    Same in most of the rest of this country.

There are not many places they are not considered to be nuisance animals.

Also, I suspect if the OP had been in a state that it was not legal to shoot a beaver...he would not have shot it...much less do it and post about it...gee whizzz