Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What LEE molds do you use for the 45ACP and 45 Colt?

What LEE molds do you use for the 45ACP and 45 Colt?

Also do you prefer the solid lube or the tumble lube for both calibers?

Boolit Master
    I use the standard lube 255 gr. rfp in the 45 colt as a standard velocity load.

Boolit Master
    I use this Lee and a NOE for Hi-tek

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I cast and PC a Lee 200gr rnfp for a friend who uses it in both.

Boolit Grand Master

45 ACP;

452-190-SWC (mostly this one as I have a 6 cavity mould for it)
    452-200-SWC

45 Colt;

The above two Lee bullets but mostly the 452-200-RF.

I have tried the 452-200-RF in 45 ACPs and it works fine in my revolvers and converted M98 Mauser. However, it gives too many stoppages in my 3 M1911s so I don't load it in 45 ACP.

For heavier bullets in 45 Colt I use the RCBS 45-255-KT and the Lyman 452490.

I size an lube them with BAC in Lyman 450s.

Larry Gibson

I use the tumble lube 452-230-TC in both. In 45 ACP, I'm shooting it through a HK USP and Glock 21 (w/ Barstow barrel) For 45 Colt, shooting a Uberti S&W Russian Model 3 repro. It works good in both. I like the design and while it isn't "perfect" for everything, it works well at just about anything - punching paper, plinking, critters, etc.

For .45 ACP I use the TL230 RN - at one point I tumble lubed them but now I just use PC. It feeds and shoots very well in the 1911s. (Note - I also like this boolit in the .45 Colt)

For the .45 Colt I use their plain base SWC - with PC and my alloy they finish at 260gr. I also have the 300gr RF with gas check - with PC, my alloy and a Hornady gas check they finish at 310gr.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

I really like the c452-300-rf in my Blackhawk and Rossi 92.

Boolit Master
    Lee 452-200 RF for both 45 ACP & LC

Boolit Master
    I have tried the 452-200-RF in 45 ACPs and it works fine in my revolvers and converted M98 Mauser. However, it gives too many stoppages in my 3 M1911s so I don't load it in 45 ACP.

My friend uses his in a colt gold cup, a Springfield 1911, a colt rail gun, and a Remington r1 with no feed issues. He said he just had to seat them deep enough so that the round would fit in the case headspace gauge.

I use the 452-190-SWC in my 45lc....Have not tried any cast in my 45acp yet.
    It Is Intuitively Obvious To The Most Casual Observer With The Least Amount Of Experience

My Feedback
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=Fla9-40

Boolit Master

For multiple .45 ACP loadings I use the Lee 230gr. TC standard lube groove and the Lee 200 SWC (H&G 68 Clone) with standard lube groove.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Mostly the Lee 230 gr tc, not the tl model.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    .45 Colt - 255g RNFP Standard Lube Groove
    .45 ACP - 230g TC with bevel base removed to form a plain flat base - Standard Lube Groove

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post

My friend uses his in a colt gold cup, a Springfield 1911, a colt rail gun, and a Remington r1 with no feed issues. He said he just had to seat them deep enough so that the round would fit in the case headspace gauge.
    In standard type throated 1911s I've found the RF bullet to feed well from some mags but not from others. The RFs do not feed at all in my P14 with its steeper integral feed ramp regardless of seating depth. I know some don't have feeding problems with it but many do as it seems very mag and/or firearm dependent. Since I have the 45-190-SWC and it feeds 100% out of all my M1911s with all my mags why should I screw around with the RF......

I ever said not to use the RF bullet in the 45 ACP, just said why I don't use it in the 45 ACP . The 452-200-F is, however, my most used cast bullet in 45 Colt as it is an excellent performer in my 2 SAAs and M1873 carbine.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    I like the 230- tc lube grove in 6 cavity for the 45 acp it seems to work in multiple 45s for me . I have other molds that seem to work a little better for a specific gun but the 230 tc seems to work across them all pretty good . But honestly I haven't tried the others .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    In standard type throated 1911s I've found the RF bullet to feed well from some mags but not from others. The RFs do not feed at all in my P14 with its steeper integral feed ramp regardless of seating depth. I know some don't have feeding problems with it but many do as it seems very mag and/or firearm dependent. Since I have the 45-190-SWC and it feeds 100% out of all my M1911s with all my mags why should I screw around with the RF......

I ever said not to use the RF bullet in the 45 ACP, just said why I don't use it in the 45 ACP . The 452-200-F is, however, my most used cast bullet in 45 Colt as it is an excellent performer in my 2 SAAs and M1873 carbine.

Larry Gibson
    im sorry, I didn't want my post to sound like a dig. I was merely posting my experiences with it. I can sure understand how some firearms can shoot one type of bullet and not others. No offence meant.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I use the 452-255 and 452-200 RF . I can also use the 45-200 RCBS , and both the original 454424 and the NOE version .

Mine are all revolvers though so length isnt an issue in ACP , GAP , AR , Cowboy , Schofield or Colts . The RBH has 454 throats in the Colts so all of the above are shot as cast . The ACP cylinder is 453 so all the ACP gets sized 452 in deference to the 1917s 452s .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .