Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Pedersoli Tryon Delux Target

Boolit Master

Pedersoli Tryon Delux Target

Has anybody owned/shot one of these?

There's a 50 cal at a pawn shop here I can get for $500 out the door.

Pretty well kept; fact is it is the only muzzle loader around here that I found didn't have a rusted out barrel. A few minor dinks in the stock, but nothing bad. Got a semi-gloss stock finish. Think in a year or so, if I get it, will put oil finish on it and the dinks will be gone. Can put my own in. Very, very minute surface rust on one flat of barrel. I think wiping with an oiled paper towel might remove it.

What do you muzzle loading gents think of this? At one "fine guns" shop, they show $1860 new.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    they shoot good. good off hand rifles. on a par with the great plains rifle.

Boolit Master
    I'd go out and buy it right now if I wanted a 1:48 twist, pretty rifles.

At first I thought it was a fast twist like the .45cal target models. But, a 1:48 is on the slow side for bigger bullets.
    Last edited by charlie b; 05-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    I had a TC Hawken for quite awhile(20 something years), until someone stole it. I lived with it pretty well. A little slower twist would have been a bit better for PRB, but it worked. A bit deeper grooves would have been nice also.

The PTDT has deeper grooves, just by looking.

BTW, I did buy it. I've heard of one patch clean up before, but never witnessed it. I've had Douglas barrels, GM barrels, TC barrels, and now have Lyman GP. None of my barrels have been clean after using one patch in the water cleaning regime..........until this barrel. It was sparkling after one patch. Put a oil soaked (Barricade) down it right after that patch and it came out white, white, white.

I'm gonna have to get some new nipples. Was have cap to nipple fitting problems yesterday. Had to polish it down for the caps to fit on it, otherwise I'd get misfires. Took two hammer blows to fire. Good check on flinch or not.

Think I'm gonna like it. A little too heavy for hunting; 9.70 lbs, but maybe not.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Perm-Banned
    you have two choices to shoot in that fine gun. a patched roundball or a bullet about .75 long with a nice 60 thousands thick fiber or poly wad behind it. either one will shoot very very well in it. keep the powder charge to about 70 grains and it will get any game or target you want. 300 bucks is a steal. wipe between rounds. i wouldnt pass that good buy up.