Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: CZ 455 precision trainer

Boolit Master

CZ 455 precision trainer

has anyone here had the chance to try one of these, they should be a tack driver with the heavy barrel and manners stock.

Boolit Master
    I don't have the precision trainer, I have the American with a sporter weight barrel. The diameter of the barrel has absolutely nothing to do with how accurate a rimfire rifle will be....nothing. CZ infers that their rimfire rifles are capable of shooting under .5" at 50yds and supplies a test target with each rifle. The only way to get the most accuracy out of your rifle is to acquire a variety of std. velocity ammo, preferably what the manufacturer calls "Target" and spend some bench time shooting groups to see which ammo shoots the best. I have sat at the bench with all of my rimfires over the years and I can tell you for a fact that they all shoot different. They shoot different size groups and they ALL hit to a slightly different POI. My 455 will shoot a consistent .40" five shot group a 50 yards with one brand of ammo (Norma) and the best of the best ammo, Eley, shoots .60" to 1.2" depending on which Eley I'm testing. FWIW, Eley has always been my best ammo over the years, and has been so on a regular basis. The CZ makes it an exception. Just get some ammo and spend some time at the bench and you'll end up with a "tack driver".

Boolit Master
    I have and really enjoy my CZ452s, but if I were looking for an inexpensive tack driver a Winchester 52D would be a the top of my less than custom made list as an economy move. I don't know what they are going for now but expect a 52 with a worn stock but good otherwise might be about the same cost as a 455 after you buy stuff (better barrel) to try to make the 455 as accurate as you might hope for. A 452 about always goes to the range with me and other, more expensive 22s, mostly stay home. Way back when I used to shoot at aspirins at 100 yards (painted red with nail polish to be easily visible ) with a Winchester 52 with either a 20 or 36x scope, but now enjoy plinking with a CZ more and can't justify the cost of the Lapua the Winchester loved. The first time I shot the 52 the second round went through the same hole just about exactly at 50 yards. My first thought was I completely missed the large paper target, but then realized it was in the same hole - a new experience for me. I was lucky to get a Kenyon trigger from Mr. Kenyon many years ago when it was still possible. Get a CZ and smile with a new rifle made from wood and metal. If it were me I would look for a 452 (still might be some new ones around) of if I were lucky enough to find one a 453 with the set trigger. If you will be using a scope the American is nice. The others are nice too.

Back in the day people would not only find a brand of ammo but would shoot different lots depending on weather conditions and when they found a type of ammo and lot that shot for them they would also determine the lot number and buy as much of the specific lot as they could afford.

If you take a CZ for what it is you will find it great. It is a great value for its price point in a rock solid wood and steel product that will last a very long time. Unless you want crazy good accuracy and are willing to invest the time and money to achieve it I doubt you will do better easily.

Boolit Master
    And if you get the CZ try some Wolf Match Target for punching holes in paper. Never used SK but understand it might be the same product in a different box at about the same price (about $6 a box, but worth it at times).

I just got a like new CZ455 full length stock for a song. Adjusted the trigger weight to minimum at 2.5#, mounted a Pride Fowler 7X rapid reticle scope and went to the range with some Blazer. Zeroed to 50 yards and most 5 shot groups were touching. Moved to 100 yards and spent the arternoon making clay pigeons into tiny pieces. Now that I am just south of 70 I don't have the patience for more precision and the CZ exceeds my needs. I also have a CZ527 that I am developing cast bullt loads for and it too is keeping me entertained on the range.

Let us know if you get one 69Daytona. I've been wanting one, too. The sights and 24.5" bbl are just right for me. I'd like to hear a range report on it.

How about a 452 Varmint (heavy barrel) ???VV

The 452 full stock does have tangent sights...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	203063