WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 105 gr 9mm mold

Not a problem. I have other boolits that work just fine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I have never been able to get the Lee 105 swc to feed consistently in my 9mm pistols. I have tried all different OAL lengths and it just won't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Wish I could help. I have four pistols and a carbine that eat them up.
    Not a problem. I have other boolits that work just fine.
    I've read (but can not verify) that there are two different versions of the Lee 358-105-SWC mould out there.

The older one supposedly has a somewhat different nose profile.

Here's the Titan Lee image of the current Lee 358-105-SWC.

I don't know if the older style 105 SWC fed better or worse in semi auto pistols, or which one I have for that matter.

Here's mine. It's seen a little use in light 38/357

And I've tried it in the 9mm some as well.

I use other moulds more often than the Lee 105 SWC. I prefer the Lee 358-125-RF over the 105 SWC for light weight 38 Special loads.

Lee tl356-95-RF drops at 100 grains with my alloy and shoots excellent in my Beretta 92FS. If you want a little extra weight, you can powder coat it.
    The Lee TL356-95-RF that Taz mentioned is another interesting light weight lead saving mould, as long as it casts large enough for your intended usage.

Lee TL356-95-RF

Some day I hope to mess around with the Lee 105 SWC in 38SC (Short Colt) length cases.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Bub
    I have tried a few different cast bullets for my 9's, including 105 SWC - but unfortunately no luck. When I tried powder coated at a couple different sizes, I still got terrible accuracy and what felt like considerably more pressure (recoil).

I'll keep working on it, because I can stand paying for J's when I have a pile pf lead sitting there.

I have an older LEE mold 90307 that drops a rn 110 grain 357 boolit. I use this in the CZ75 and the Glock with good results. I note that the new 90307 mold is for a 30 cal
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Bub
    I have used the Lee 356-95-RF, Lee 358-105-SWC, and the Lee 356-125-TC; and of the three, only the 125gr works in my 9's and 357 sigs. Nothing works in my 380s. Jam-o-matic... Failure to extract mostly, which tells me they are a bit hot. But when you download, then its fail to cycle. My 380s just don't like lead. Hollow points and ball run fine. I haven't tried a 356-102-R2 yet. A round nose might work better than a flat point or truncated swc. I don't dare run the 125gr.in my 380s. They drop around 130gr with my alloy and powder coating. I have load data for a 115gr in 380, but not the extremely heavy for 380 125gr. Does anyone run the round nose 102s in their 380s? I use mostly 700x and bullseye. I am cheap... 700x is the cheapest and can run any pistol load except magnums at magnum loadings.

My original 1974 vintage single cavity 358-105-SWC has a different nose profile, and base band width than my new 6 cavity. Not drastic, but a definite change of design.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwolf View Post
    I've read (but can not verify) that there are two different versions of the Lee 358-105-SWC mould out there.

The older one supposedly has a somewhat different nose profile.

Here's the Titan Lee image of the current Lee 358-105-SWC.

I don't know if the older style 105 SWC fed better or worse in semi auto pistols, or which one I have for that matter.

Here's mine. It's seen a little use in light 38/357

And I've tried it in the 9mm some as well.

I use other moulds more often than the Lee 105 SWC. I prefer the Lee 358-125-RF over the 105 SWC for light weight 38 Special loads.

The Lee TL356-95-RF that Taz mentioned is another interesting light weight lead saving mould, as long as it casts large enough for your intended usage.

Lee TL356-95-RF

Some day I hope to mess around with the Lee 105 SWC in 38SC (Short Colt) length cases.

- Bullwolf

That Lee TL356-95-RF is the profile I'm looking for. Not so much the wadcutter style.

I saw in this thread rking22 mentioned a group buy for a 105gr version of the
    TL356-95-RF. Does anybody have info on the details of this group buy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12