Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Hatsan 135 .30 Break barrel is OK

Hatsan 135 .30 Break barrel is OK

I've had a few hatsan break barrels and swore I'd never own another. They are very strong but the guns are harsh and barrel quality varies.
    This beast is smoothe,the trigger pretty good and shoots well right off.While not a lazer like my tuned tx200 or Feinwerkbau 124 I'm getting groups at about inch from kneeling at 25 yards.it's a bit of work to cock but for my pigeon gun I'm happy with it.With 30 FPE from a 45g pellet at about 550 fps it is a darn fine hunting stick.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

My Hatsan 135 is a QE Vortex in .22 and I love it. Yes it is a beast, big, heavy, but it can shoot.

The Hatsan Carnivore is a serious break bbl. hunting rifle for sure.
    I've been going back and forth in my mind between the 25 and 30 cal.
    The 30 cal. throws a bigger brick for sure.

Boolit Master

I like my Hatsan Edge Vortex 22
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HARRYMPOPE View Post
    I've had a few hatsan break barrels and swore I'd never own another. They are very strong but the guns are harsh and barrel quality varies.
    This beast is smoothe,the trigger pretty good and shoots well right off.While not a lazer like my tuned tx200 or Feinwerkbau 124 I'm getting groups at about inch from kneeling at 25 yards.it's a bit of work to cock but for my pigeon gun I'm happy with it.With 30 FPE from a 45g pellet at about 550 fps it is a darn fine hunting stick.
    Sounds like a hard hitting rig, what kind of effective range can you get with this?

Banned
    Shot some little picket pins(sage rats) today.with the little 4x scope and it's ranging reticle it was good to 50 yards.it really hits them with authority.

This thread is a few months old but I figured I would post my opinion on my new Hatsan 30 cal 135.
    Big and heavy for sure but I knew this upfront from the feedback I've read. Built like a tank with nice walnut stock. One of the nicest stocks I've ever seen on an air rifle in this price range.

I was considering a 25 cal since pellets are cheaper and has a higher muzzle velocity but I decided to go with the 30 because....well, it's a 30. I really don't have a need for a 30 but I wanted one anyway. P/A had a 10% off sale so I took the plunge.

At first I needed to be standing and use 2 hands to cock this beast but found a technique that allow me to cock it with 1 hand sitting down at my picnic table/shooting bench. It's still not easy and after about 40 shots I start getting tired. I knew this gun wasn't made for plinking but that's all I do with it anyway. Not into killing critters.

My backyard range is limited to 40 yards and I have no problem hitting anything that I see. This gun tears large holes in steel cans and they don't last long. My 22 cals at 750-850 fps make a tink noise when hitting metal targets but the 30 is more like a loud thwack noise and the target moves like it was hit like a brick.

After only 10 shots from this gun being new I sent some 44.75gr pellets over the chrony. The average velocity for 10 shots was 544fps with a spread of only 7fps. The power plant is doing it's job.

The trigger, while not being the best is far from the worst plus I like the ability to adjust it to my liking. The adjustable cheek piece on the stock is a also a nice touch and useful.

This gun isn't for everybody but for someone with reasonable upper body strength that wants a hard hitting air rifle and doesn't want the high cost of a PCP gun with all the support equipment required this gun is the next best choice.

Of course, this is only my opinion, I'm sure others would disagree.

Boolit Master
    I believe that would have a very curved trajectory and would make hits difficult at longer range, I recall seeing something like that with a .30 shooting rats in the U.K., the rats could see the pellet coming and were ducking the shot (it was a 12 ft. lb. thing.)

I shot ground squirrel from 15 to 35 or so yards.not all that hard to connect with the 4x hawke scope once I knew where the ranging marks worked out.in like it very well
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries