Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pot died. Which new one to get?

Boolit Master

Lyman supports nothing. The girls that answer the phone have NO UNDERSTANDING of reloading/casting. I bought a new H&I sizing die. It was out of alignment & leaked between the outer "H" & the inner "I" . They were only concerned with if I had the package & receipt. Since I bought it back in January & no longer had either they couldn't help me. Been waiting 2 weeks for the SUPVR to call me back. I left 2 msgs, still no reply. They don't support the products they made 2 yrs ago. Much less what they made 6 months ago. $30+ bucks down the drain. And they only answer the phone about 20hrs a week. Now I'll have to buy one made by RCBS.
    Grew up on LYMAN casting Equipment. Now I'll never buy another LYMAN Product.
    Last edited by Walks; 07-02-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    I have a Lee drip-o-matic ( that hasn't dripped ) since I welded the bottom hole shut . It's worked since 1977 , on the other hand it hasn't had to work as much since I got a Pro-melt in the early eighties .

Is this a case where ebay might have the parts you need ?

Jack
    Welding it shut to stop the leaking " I like it "

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I got my Waage a little over two years ago
    Highly recommended

"We manufacture the K4757. ~#25 pounds, temperature 800 °F; 115v We maintain the price affordable for the re-loaders. The item is marketed via the re-loader blogs.

1. The K4757 melter is scheduled to be manufactured within the next 10 business days.

2. The price is $198.00 + S& H of $30.00 .

3. Payment is via visa/mc, please call with the cc number to place the order. 800-922-4365"
    Good pot. Don't consider anything else.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master

Waage - and never worry about crappy pots again...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	154933290.sYJzlkLD.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	210052

Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Good pot. Don't consider anything else.
    Well my WAAGE pot went Tango Uniform on Sunday. Left a message for WAAGE on Monday morning - haven't heard back. The K4757 is not on their Web Site - use to be, but not now. Don't know if I want to spend the money on WAAGE or not.
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

Hey MGySgt, was thinking about buying one of these, how long did it last before it rolled over?
    Maybe you could bypass the thermostat (if that's what failed) and use a PID control instead?
    When in doubt tell the truth. Mark Twain

Boolit Master

My LEE 10lb pot was a dripomatic shortly after I started using it but a wood screw twisted up into the spout has kept it leak-free for 20 years. That said, its heating element burnt out on me last year. Titan Reloading (their link is at the top of the page) has the replacement coil on hand and it was a 20 minute job disassembling the pot and putting the new coil in its place. total cost for the coil - $9 plus shipping. Probably good for another 20 years.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    I've also got a Lyman 20 lb. furnace with a burnt out heating coil, can a Lee replacement coil be stretched a bit to fit over a slightly larger cast iron pot? With Lees parts so reasonable I'm not even going to call Lyman and give them the opportunity to say we can't help, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by desiko View Post
    Hey MGySgt, was thinking about buying one of these, how long did it last before it rolled over?
    I have had it over 10 years - however I hasd fixed my Lyman Mag 20 Dipper (burnt wire) and put it back in service. I died twice since then - the last time was the heating coil, about 3 years ago.
    I started using the WAAGE then, but I really haven't cast much in the last 18 months or so.

Bottom line - about 2 years of service for the WAAGE. I know there are users of the WAAGE that have gotten real good service out of theirs. I just have had a bad time with pots lately.
    Big Bore = 45+

MGySgt - Hopefully you mean IT died twice since then, not YOU died twice since then :P

(Typonese - Learned to read it years ago LOL)

Waage should be willing to help you with that, if not that makes them not so good a deal...

That's not so great. Just got a quote for $237 + $30 shipping for the Waage. Not sure what to do.
    Would rather put that money into an old RCBS Pro melt if I could find one for sale somewhere.
    When in doubt tell the truth. Mark Twain

As I get moved I'm going to be buying another pot, maybe a 40# Waage (if they treat customers right), maybe another Pro Melt, used if must be. Definitely interested in how they treat you, MGySgt

Boolit Buddy
    for dipping, Waage. for bottom pour, RCBS.

Finally tore into my WAAGE pot- burnt wire. Not sure if it shorted the light or not. I will fix it in the morning and hook it back up (pot is completly apart). Good thing I have extra insulation I got somewhere for my Lyman - I am going to need it!
    Big Bore = 45+

Customer Support from WAAGE - so far NONE. Of corse I only left them a message from their Web Site. Guess I should call.
    Big Bore = 45+

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Finally tore into my WAAGE pot- burnt wire. Not sure if it shorted the light or not. I will fix it in the morning and hook it back up (pot is completly apart). Good thing I have extra insulation I got somewhere for my Lyman - I am going to need it!
    Fixed the wires and put the pot back together (had to go to ACE Hardware for Terminal ends and crimps).

I did test it before I put it back together just to see if the light would come on - it did. It won't show continuity but it did turn on when I put power to it.

Put it all back together and stuffed extra insulation in it, Turned it on and let it melt about 3 pounds of lead. I also turned on my Lee so I could empty it.

Full pot came up to temp and cycled off, just like it should. I adjusted the temp down and took out 8 pounds of lead and added cold back in and let it set. Came up to temp and worked fine.

If I burn out another wire I will send it back to WAAGE for a complete rewire (Maybe). If the Thermostate goes out I will order the new Casting pot RCBS is coming out with.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/86...rnace-120-volt

Looks like it will give the WAAGE a run for it's money.

Lyman drops it's dipper pot and RCBS comes out with a new one a few years later. We know who is watching the industry and who isn't!
    Big Bore = 45+

Whoa its a ladle pot? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MGySgt View Post
    Well my WAAGE pot went Tango Uniform on Sunday. Left a message for WAAGE on Monday morning - haven't heard back. The K4757 is not on their Web Site - use to be, but not now. Don't know if I want to spend the money on WAAGE or not.
    So far as I know it never was on the website. You had to e mail them to get one.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    Day in and day out you can't beat a Lee for value, they will pour good bullets and if you need parts Titan has them on hand priced reasonably and ready to ship. Thanks Lee & Titan. No one should have to put up with crabby customer service people when all they want is to buy a few parts even if its just a couple o rings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast