MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: 338 win mag lube sizer

338 win mag lube sizer

What do i need to get for a lyman 4500 heated sizer to lube and put a gas ck. on a lee cast bullet- I have only used liquid alox or pan lubed my bullets - no idea if i need a top punch or not (none are shown in lyman catalog) - I do know i need a Lyman Lube and Sizer Die 338 Diameter Product #: 228611- I will be reloading 338 win mag.-

Moderator Emeritus

The 338 Lee mold has a 1R nose, this chart doesn't list a 338, but does list the 311 093 1R,
    so just a guess, but going by this chart, The Lyman 465 Top punch should work.
    http://www.castpics.net/subsite/TopPunches/Lee.html

with that said, I have a Lyman top punch #467 that I use on 4 different Lee 30 cal boolits, it also fits a NOE boolit and a MP boolit that I have.

Another option might be ordering a Top Punch from NOE for the mold that's a clone for 311465.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=433

As to the GC being seated. Lyman does have a GC seater thingy for the 450/4500, that would be handy to have, but if you are able to seat the GC onto the boolit with finger pressure, then run it through the sizer to crimp it on, the GC seater isn't really necessary.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001