RepackboxLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."

—Revelation 4:11

Everyone, no matter who they are, worships someone or something. Certainly we don’t all worship the true God in Heaven. Some worship a god of their own making. Others worship the true and living God. Some people worship people. They worship sports heroes, actors, or musicians. Some people worship themselves. Some people worship possessions. But everyone worships someone or something.

Every person everywhere worships, because worship is the fundamental drive of life. God created us with a drive, with a sense there is something more to life than what we experience on this earth.

The Bible says that God has placed eternity in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11). That simply means there is a recognition and a sense there is something more in life. In reality, our ultimate purpose in life is not to attain success, fame, or even happiness, per se. Our ultimate purpose in life is to know the God who made us. And until we enter into that relationship, we are falling short of what is possible and attainable to us.

By the way, I’m a great animal lover. I love all types of animals. But I also recognize that as wonderful and as intelligent as they are, they are a different type of creation altogether. The Bible clearly teaches that God uniquely created man in His own image. God has not placed eternity in the heart of a bird, a cat, or a dog. He has not placed eternity in the hearts of animals; He has only placed it in the hearts of human beings. And that causes people everywhere to worship.

The true God, the living God, the only God, the God of the Bible, is the One to worship. We were created to bring pleasure to God. We were created to worship the Lord.

when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    An honest message . So many think in the short term . Many look at belief in GOD is too restrictive in it's requirements , refuse to accept the fact there is a power greater than themselves . The truth is that GOD sets you free .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

.... worship is the fundamental drive of life." I've never before heard this stated quite so definitively, but it's true. A good while back, Bob Dylan "found religion," and wrote a song called "You've Got To Serve Somebody." And it's really true, except that as noted in the text commentary, we CAN worship things and animals, etc. as well as "somebody." Maybe he should have wrote "You've got to serve something?" Worship is, after all, a form of "service." It's merely granting God what is rightfully due Him. Or, as Spike Lee might say, just "Doing the right thing." It's amazing how many apparently profane celebrities say such pertinent things as they do, without apparently (at least) realizing the full and true implications of it all. But I guess man has been doing that for a very long time now. Would that all would simply open their minds and hearts, and let our Savior in. What a different world we'd live in! It STILL wouldn't be Heaven, but it'd make all of Heaven a lot more proud of us! And that ain't no small thing! What a gruesome set of traps we make for ourselves when we deny God, and try to do everything on our own, without Him!

Boolit Master

I really needed this lesson today, I am so happy that God called me and gave me the desire to worship Him.