Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Ohaus 314 reloading scale information

Boolit Bub

Ohaus 314 reloading scale information

Does anyone know what the brass weight attached to the scale pan holder is used for? I have a 314 and I would like to duplicate the brass weight.

Thank you

Boolit Buddy
    I believe that is the old triple beam (before the 1110 Dial-O-Grain) and it had a brass weight to balance the pan sling that the pan would set it.. Just my thoughts...
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Master
    This should be the same as the RCBS 304 scale.There is a RCBS instruction manual available online.

Boolit Master
    I have several 314's . Some Have the counter weigh and some Don't. Since There discontinued . Ohaus can only give you info .
    This is what I know . After manufacture . They would Calibrate, that small weight is Unique to That scale.. If your scale does not have one . the scale Might not O out.
    You will have to do the Trial and error Method to counter Balance. Some of 314's have a Screw In the weight . This type has small Grains of Lead as counter weight Inside.
    It is Not a big problem. But It will be a slow Fix. You will have to Fit the weight In conjunction with The adjustment Nuts @ the top
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Bub
    I took the wire pan holder and looked at it under my toolmaker microscope. I can see some tiny indentations in one general area where the weight would have been tightened and removed and re tightened.

Thanks for the valuable information.

Banned
    The extra weight is to increase the capacity of the scale. I am not home and cannot get to the instruction sheet far a more complete answer.
    Ken

Boolit Master
    The 304 scale has a balance compensator knob but no extra weight that I am aware of.The 1010 scale has a weight that is used to increase the capacity.

Boolit Master
    You do not Need That weight to Calibrate your scale. A simple way. Is since Your scale pad will be Lite. start adding a Uniform weight to The pan. Add coins to the pan . Use Nickels. Until the pan starts to move.. Once it moves close to Zero . then Use Your scale adjustment. Remember how many nickels you Use. Each nickel weighs 5 Grams. Once you convert to grains. That how much you are short
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost