Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do You Keep Your Rifle Brass Organized?

Boolit Bub
    I use a mixture of ziploc bags, Folgers coffee cans, MTM boxes, and ammo cans up to a 20MM size. It all depends on what caliber it is and whether it is loaded, ready to load, or fired and waiting to be cleaned.

Vendor Sponsor

50 cal ammo boxes and sportsmen's dry boxes
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Kids at the day care eat only snacks that come in useful containers. I don't care if they all go home with cheese ball stained clothes.
    Doesn't everyone do it that way?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I used to live in a 41 residential unit condo building. There was a trash room with recyclables separated out.I saved, for probably 2 years, all the plastic and metal coffee cans with lids that I could grab.
    Man, what a collection! I have probably 100 of them in the barn just waiting to be used.
    I know I will never use them all but hey.....just in case, right?
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

somewhat hard to find the metal coffee cans these days.. used to be all the 1qt cans were metal.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I use coffee cans or five gallon buckets and either label them or have a card on the top of the brass . Have another box that is labeled "anneal , trim , sort", those get just that then put into cans waiting to be loaded .

Generally , I load in large batches and it is easy to keep track .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    somewhat hard to find the metal coffee cans these days.. used to be all the 1qt cans were metal.
    Having used both, I actually prefer the plastic.

Moderator Emeritus

Unprocessed is sorted by headstamp into these

Since I am only reloading for 223 right now i only have one set. Once I process it I move it to 1 gallon food saver bags and seal it with a label on it saying what headstamp. If it is my own second or third times used brass it goes in gallon ziplocks with a note card saying 2 times, 3 times etc. and gets laid on top of the unproccessed in the bins to keep track of how many times i have reloaded it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Restaurants around here use the #10 cans a lot for their kitchen uses. I just picked up 4 of them yesterday from a small bar & grill just by asking. They do not have the plastic lids like you might get with the old coffee metal cans, but the lids should fit, I would think.

Maybe ask around at local restaurants/grills & see if they would save ya some if ya want them.

I use them for all sorts of things, so I like to keep about 8-10 empty ones around all the time.

G'luck!

I've been using Zip Locks and paint buckets for bullets and brass. Lately I am transitioning to some square containers I found at Target. They are the Sterlite latching storage boxes.

http://www.sterilite.com/ProductCate...y=17&section=1

Nice thing about them is they are uniform and stack-able. In each I place a index card denoting the current state of processing.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

ADMIN

It depends on what caliber it is and how many.
    Example, I have over 20k pieces of processed ready to load 9mm.
    I have them boxed up on the shelf in med size flat rate postal boxes.
    It makes it easy if I have to ship them.
    I have a lot of new starline brass. It's still in the original boxes.
    I have a tub full (25k+) of 40 cal once fired police range brass that has to be sorted (some 9mm is in it) and then processed.
    Then I have a tub of 45 acp (15k+) that has to be cleaned.

Basically my plan is to process the 40 (clean, then run thru case pro100) and store them in ready to ship med size postal boxes. Same with the 45.

I don't sell brass so don't ask. I store them ready to ship because I have a couple brothers out of town and some friends that might need brass so it's easier if it's all ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Grand Master

The plastic gal containers that restaurants get mayonnaise and condiments in, also provide air tight storage. Many have screw on lids and are semi-transparentThe bakeries at Sams and such, have plastic pails w/lids from 1/2 to 5 gal that contained icing and dough. Usually, all you need do is ask.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    The plastic gal containers that restaurants get mayonnaise and condiments in, also provide air tight storage. Many have screw on lids and are semi-transparentThe bakeries at Sams and such, have plastic pails w/lids from 1/2 to 5 gal that contained icing and dough. Usually, all you need do is ask.
    if I could find some of those 2g mayo and condiment tubs, and those 10# coffee cans, I'd be set!

Boolit Buddy
    Depending on quantity for the caliber they go in a Walmart plastic shoebox, margarine container or ice cream container, most rifle cartridges are sorted by headstamp and labeled for how many times they've been fired. As they are loaded they go into another of the same type of container with load information and times fired on the label.

Boolit Master
    GONRA uses large mouth plastic peanut butter jars for all sorts of "ammo / components storage stuff".
    Be dam sure to label it all. Include the purchase date, loading date, etc.

Large cardboard oatmeal "cans" are great for range pickup brass storage.
    (Keep pickin' up the 9mm brass, day will come when you will thank me.)

Have found it handy to store 100 round lots of primed ready-to-load brass in baggies,
    with the MT 100 rd. primer box inside.
    Last edited by GONRA; 05-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    I just keep my brass in plastic bags in cardboard boxes.
    I shoot so little compared to the amount of brass I have that much of it is in permanent storage. The stuff I use (i shoot a wide variety of calibers) gets sorted as it's shot, tumbled in small batches and rotated if necessary. I don't sort by headstamp.

Boolit Master

Like a lot of others here, notes to indicate the various stages of prep for 223. I don't segregate by headstamp whatsoever.

For bolt rifle brass, I keep a groups of brass in MTM style ammo boxes. Those brass live together for their lives. Shoot one. Empty is returned to the box. When they are all spent, they are processed together in a batch and loaded again. The cycle repeats until time to send them to the recycling center in the sky.

My brass is stored in plastic bags or plastic nut container (Costco). It's either unprocessed or processed for the 223. I mark all the cleaned, processed cases with a Sharpie on the case head & pick them up & sort them separate from once fired range pickups.
    For other calibers they go in 60rd plastic boxes & I keep track of how many times fired.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123