RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: lost throating reamer

Perm-Banned

lost throating reamer

quite a while back i borrowed my .459 throating reamer to a member here. lost the name of him and never got it back. if your active and read this please contact me, i would like it back.

What's the old adage, "Neither a lender nor a borrower be"? I would hate to have to live by that.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Hey that's me!

It is safe and oiled but I am out of town for a week. I never got brave enough to cut up my pedersoli sharps- it just shoots greasers so well. The last time I went out with paper patched BP rounds they still were tumbling and smacking sideways in a three foot circle at 50 yards... honestly I got frustrated and put the whole mess of molds, paper and your reamer up on the shelf until the bug bit me again.

When I initially got worried about holding your tool for too long you said take your time I have your info and it's not doing me any good sitting in my drawer. I haven't posted here or checked in for a while- sorry!

When I get back home I will send your tool back to you right away!

And your mailbox on here is full- I tried to message you too.

Boolit Master
    And hoping for a speedy return ,lots of questions and not a lot of answers

Lots of questions? This was a simple problem- the gentleman lost my contact info and I hadn't checked in here for a while. I definitely held his tool for too long but with assurances from him that I could take my time and he would contact me if he wanted it back. That contact happened in a more roundabout way than I expected but I have great respect for the man for extending his courtesy to help me out.

The usps tracking # for the item is:
    9505 5143 7872 7200 1629 03
    I just got home from the post office so it might not be in the system yet. The counter man at the post office said probably Saturday unless things move slow in Nebraska.

Thanks again and sorry for the delay.

His last PM copied from my inbox:

take all the time in the world. the last guy held on to it for a couple of months. the only thing it does here is sit in a drawer. get every thing figured out before useing it. you are going to make your gun a very very good tack driver. i want you to be the envy of every one you shoot with or against. roger

I would never disrespect someone that was helping me

USMC 77, USRA 79

I think Roger is gone from the site... but he was a wealth of info, especially about BP and gun stock finishing. He also did some beautiful work on guns.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance
    While I am not privy to Mr Johnson's issues, I can attest to the quality of his work. I am the proud owner of one of his "creations". An absolutely stunning BP rifle that will shoot as good as it looks. Best wishes to Rodger on his new ventures. Iron Whittler

So since I have Roger's address it was easy to find his phone # and call him. He said he had a confrontation on here that went too far and even though he feels justified in whatever he said they were both kicked off. Sadly he said physical threats were made and he had to get police involved.

So please let's not get into any of that in this thread but thats what happened. He was very nice on the phone and happy his tool was coming home.

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by Radarsonwheels View Post
    So since I have Roger's address it was easy to find his phone # and call him. He said he had a confrontation on here that went too far and even though he feels justified in whatever he said they were both kicked off. Sadly he said physical threats were made and he had to get police involved.

So please let's not get into any of that in this thread but thats what happened. He was very nice on the phone and happy his tool was coming home.
    Basically he and another fellow got into a very heated discussion.
    This continued via PM's.
    Upon review of the situation, both parties were given a 10 day ban to cool off and hopefully learn their lessons.

After the 10 day ban was over they both came back.
    A few days later it started back up again via PM's.

This was also happening on another board as I contacted the owner of that board and we compared notes.

It was determined after reviewing PMs that the other person was mainly at fault however based on the past issues with Johnson the staff decided to perm-a-ban both parties.

And that folks is the rest of the story....