RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was doing an application and........

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

I was doing an application and........

After 22 yr with my employer they decided that everyone should have a security clearance ....... Well ok 116 pages later I'm through it lacking 1 number and 1 address .

Now I'm just a pup at 50 3/4 but I haven't seen my selective service card in 25 yr , and I have no idea what that number may have been .

Good news it takes all of 90 seconds to get the number and a copy of the validation letter .

I also learned today that I am 1 boring guy , I've moved a lot and I have a really tiny circle .........

So how about it do you still have you selective service/draft card and/or number ?
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I don't have mine. Tore it up right after I was drafted. Figured I didn't need it anymore.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Master
    By the time I was old enough to register they had changed it to your SSAN.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Don't have the card but I've got the number. When I joined the Navy in '68 they wanted to delay my enlistment date and had an exchange of letters with my draft board telling my draft board not to draft me. The letters have my number and they are in the file folder the Navy gave me when I was discharged.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

I am older than you are, but still have mine (I think). I have a bunch of junk and pictures from my high school days in a box somewhere. I last saw it when I moved last year, so I think I still have it. I would have to go through an entire garage piled high with boxes to find it though.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Never had one but I do have a DD 214

Boolit Master

I'm 60 so was a 'tweener' enlisted after the draft ended and before 'registering' for selective service began again, if I remember how it all shook out.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Mine was my ss number if I remember correctly, Army took it when my friends and neighbors sent me GREETINGS in a letter wanting me in the army.

Boolit Master
    I'm 63 and just came across it in my "important papers" in my safe a couple of weeks ago. I also came across my now 19 year old son's letter from the Selective Service board acknowledging that he registered.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

When I joined the Navy in 1961 they issued me a service number and told me I WILL remember that number. I still remember.

Boolit Master
    Well I just turned 70 and would have NO idea where that card or number are, nor any idea how to even find it. Just barely remember my high school - I doubt seriously I could find enough old info to even fill out an application like that - I can't remember much closer than the name of street (and at times in the country with no knowledge of address) much less the street number. I'm doing good to think I can remember all the towns I lived in more than 20 yrs ago!

I didn't do a hitch , I married the USAF . Her sister is USN Ret , her younger brothers were USCG and Corps .
    3 of our 4 joined up , the youngest boy did 5 yr USA and the oldest girl did 6 in USN . The oldest has 3 of 5 yr USA done .
    I've been humping ammo for all 5 for 22 yr .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Still can recite my service number, have my draft card after I was separated after serving, DD214 and somewhere my shelllback card and certificate. And a copy of my separation orders and copies of my birth certificate. Never know when you'll need them and copies of my honorable discharge and ruptured duck. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm 52 and have no idea what happened to the selective service card or the number on it, but I do remember getting a letter from the Marine recruiter while I was home on leave two years after I joined the Navy. My shellback and Golden Shellback certificates are probably in either an "I love me" drawer or box somewhere.

I do know where my last DD214 is.

Robert

Another tweener here.

Boolit Master

I went in in '78.

While serving they wanted me to register for the draft. I never did. I guess I'm a draft dodger.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Active duty at 17yrs old.
    Pretty sure I got a reg reminder in the mail on the Czech/west German border.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master

When I went in the Navy in 67 they issued me "ONE" number, then the PC crowd (democraps) decided that the SSN was the way to go. Still remember them both
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Boolit Master

I never registered. I joined the Army at 18 and didn't see the need, but apparently the Gov did. I was at Ft Bragg when I received a letter threatening me with penalties unless I registered, I gave it to my 1SG and never heard anything about it again.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Mine starts 66 and isn't even close to my SSN similar format to my A&P license except with a suffix . I got it in 84 ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast