Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Another pistol died

Another pistol died

This time the 2240 after about 4000 shoots started leaking air out the barrel . 60 days old so PA more than likely will send me to Crosman . Ordered a 2300 T today . Hope the 1377 holds out till it gets here . Looked on e bay and a reseal kit and valve for the 2240 runs about 40 dollars for a 60 dollar pistol . Crosman says 1 year warranty so either PA or Crosman can repair it this time . Marvin

Boolit Master

I would upgrade it with a high performance valve.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master
    Reseal kits are priced wildly at online sites.
    I just got a OEM reseal kit for a older 760 that includes pump cup and new valve for about 1/3 what another site wanted for the same thing.

If you want replacement parts for a recent Crosman product its best to order directly from Crosman. They take orders by phone and don't mind looking up obsolete parts that are now under a new stock number because the same parts are used in a new product.
    I had a problem getting the proper quad seals for a Phase one 357 rebuild from online sources that claimed the seals were no longer available from Crosman but when I asked Crosman's representative about these, pointing out that these same quad seals were still used by the Phase 3 and Vigilante revolvers They found them for me with no problem.
    Don't trust online sources to offer any of these parts at a reasonable mark up. They seem intent on charging whatever the traffic will bear and want 4 or five times the price or more than the parts are really worth.
    I've also bought two Crosman 24" .22 barrels for less than 1/3 what other online sources wanted for the same barrels. Best to shop around.

PS
    Just found out that the Pellgun Oil that's priced so high for 1/4 ounce tubes costs only 15 USD per quart. They want several dollars for 5 cents worth of oil.
    The oil is Monolec 8430 off road and marine diesel and air compressor oil.

PA is having a sale so I ordered a 1701P Crosman pistol today and mailed the 2240 to Crosman . Marvin

Boolit Master
    The 1701P looks to be a serious pistol indeed.

The reports I have hear have been good . If it had not been for the sale it probably would not have happened .Marvin