Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Lyman comes through!

Boolit Master

Lyman comes through!

I have to tell you all I was stunned. I bought a Lyman Borecam from Optics Planet on August 25th, 2016. I got it for a great price so I took a chance. I used it infrequently with pretty good results.

I bought a couple of rifles on Saturday and all was good. I opened it up to look at something on one of the rifles Sunday and it wouldn't power up, dead, nothing. I played with all the cords, buttons etc, nothing...just dead. I checked Lyman's sight and the Borecam has a one year warranty

I went to Optics Planit sight and got my receipt (I love mail order, forever receipts). I then called Lyman customer service at 9:00 this morning, the number was on the Borecam box. The person that answered was the one I dealt with, Nick V. I didn't have to be transferred or wait on hold for a single minute.

I told him my problem and he said to send a copy of the receipt and my contact info to him. That took about 5 minutes. I asked if this was a common problem with the Borecam and he said no. This was the first one like that he had heard of.

5 minutes after that I go a reply. We're sending you a new one. Keep the old one for parts or throw it away. Now that's customer service.
    [

Vendor Sponsor

hope this is a sign they are seeing the light ..
    I have bought NOTHING from Lyman in the past few years because I knew there would be little to no support

here hoping for better days
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Man

I'm troubled. Is this a great change in customer service at Lyman or an easy way to deal with an inferior product from China? I was going to get one of this bore cams.

Boolit Man
    I bought a Lyman #55 black powder measures about a year ago. Finally took it out of the box to use it and found that the hopper was egg shaped, (I did measure it to verify out of round ) and was hard to thread on, emailed Lyman and told the the problem and received a new one no charge.

Boolit Master
    I too have heard that Lyman took a hard line when it came to customer service. I was really concerned that it would be a giant hassle trying to get them to stand behind the product.

Not so, I didn't do anything but tell them it was dead and email the receipt from Optics Planet.

Update: I just received a shipping notification from FedEx.
    [

Always great to hear good feedback.

I've dealt with Hornady and Lee and had great results. I was a little disappointed that RCBS only wanted to give me work around instructions for a defective (Zero Drift) Rangemaster 750, rather than let me exchange or return it. It ended up going completely haywire about a month out of warranty so it went in the trash.

Boolit Master

I've ordered parts for a 450 lube-sizer and a #55 powder measure that both needed restoration. The people I've spoken with were nothing but friendly and helpful. When I detailed the items I needed for the 450 the lady suggested a parts package instead of individual items that saved me a few bucks. Every part I wanted was on hand on the first try down to the specialty screws for the powder measure.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris