Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Need a bigger Hammer?

Perma-Banned

Need a bigger Hammer?

I had Tom at Accurate molds stretch the diameter of the Lee S&W 500 Bullet to .533 For Paper Patching my Fast twist .54 Cal, I have now had Tom Cut molds from this bullet design in .50, and .54 Cal. My new .45 Mold design came from his .460 S&W (looks nearly identical to the Lee S&W 500) Looking forward to this one in my Lyman Great Plains Hunter 1:32 Twist, and both of my Scout .54s with 1:20 Twist.

Attachment 195631 Attachment 195630

What it the estimated weight?

Boolit Master
    The first number (53) is the caliber and the second number (515) is the estimated weight.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwha View Post
    The first number (53) is the caliber and the second number (515) is the estimated weight.
    Correct. The estimated weight is with Wheel weight lead, with pure lead this bullet will probably weigh 525 Grains, or there abouts. As Quick as Tom is with getting a mold cut I should know for sure really soon. I am EXTREMELY impressed with Accurate Molds!! Not only is Tom quick to respond, he builds a mold that is second to none!!

Boolit Master
    When you fill out the info for your mold it asks what alloy you'll be using. I noticed it states the alloy is with WW so I asked and mine were designed for pure lead and drop very close to the stated weight.

Perma-Banned
    When you fill out the info for your mold it asks what alloy you'll be using. I noticed it states the alloy is with WW so I asked and mine were designed for pure lead and drop very close to the stated weight.
    That makes sense, i wondered about the alloy question in the ordering form, on the molds i have ordered i put down pure lead, and up to 1:40 8-9BHN, I specifically asked the estimated pure lead weight on the .45 version I had him make, it was like 417 i believe?

Thank you! I find it amazing that they can adjust the mold size for the alloy used.