Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I have a report after only 2 days of having chemo.

I realize that after only 2 days the cancer of far, far from being faught. But I also must say the pain in my joints has improved a bunch. I can walk again!!!

Talked to the nurse at the chemo ctr. I go to and she said this was normal in some "not all" people and is an excellent report.

The cancer in incourable but with luck and The Lords will can likely be slowed down. Thank God I'm not a young man having to raise a family yet.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    I do need to have faith in doctors, I have evidence that certain treatments work and others don't.

It is not true that we all develop cancer and fight it off. We all develop certain kinds of tumors or growths, but those are not cancer. What makes it cancer is that apoptosis does not occur and it spreads.

If you don't know the specifics then the five cases you mentioned are a bit like saying Colts are more accurate because three of the five people you know who shoot all won championships with Colts, without specifying what kind of shooting or what model Colt or whether the other two were even competing.

People should research their doctors. What they shouldn't do is listen to cranks (Bollinger) and quacks (Burzinksy, et al.) and just-so stories about anonymous strangers who supposedly cured their cancer through diet and exercise. They should read up on the actual science of what makes cancer happen and why you can't fight it off just with diet and exercise.

I'd like to know where you're hearing that it's 'long been known' that certain diets make people more cancer prone. Sounds like more quackery.
    Your post is very well taken, and certainly has a dab of truth in it. All I'm saying is there's much to be learned about cancer and its treatment yet in store. Elsewise, why would so many be studying and experimenting with it so frantically? Treatment for anything will always be a personal decision. The 5 I related were 80% doctors themselves, and THEY chose the path they took, KNOWING all you related. Why did they do that? I haven't had the benefit of asking them, but if well regarded doctors opt for alternative treatments, there must be SOME reason for it. None of these folks were suicidal! So if you ever get cancer, I'm sure you'll go with whatever the docs say to do. But even now, some docs use some meds and some ohters. So they're NOT "all the same," and they'll NEVER all "sing off the same sheet of music." So where does that leave us non-MD's? In a precarious position when facing something very serious, THAT's where it leaves us! And the only thing I know to do is do all the research I can that's available when selecting one, and deciding what course of action to take. And I've always asked questions of my docs. A few haven't liked the questions, but those are the ones that I eventually dropped. Any intelligent doc OUGHT to know that a person who's sick or "in trouble" NEEDS to know what the grand plan is so they can reconcile what's being done is probably the best available. And if you've lived long enough, and have talked to enough people about certain doctor's judgment and proceedures, you can, over time, separate the wheat from the chaff fairly well. But it's ALL really a bit of a stab in the dark. Some stabs are just better understood and calculated than other stabs. But they're all still stabs.

Doctors are NOT miracle workers, in and of themselves at least. They're men - simple human beings who've tended to be brighter and abler mentally than the "average." I don't trust ANY human being implicitly! You do as you like, but there IS a body of well established knowledge that HAS brought about good results, but it's NOT something you can just pick up in a bottle and go away and take, and be miraculously healed. With cancer, particularly, a patient's attitude and outlook seems to come into play, sometimes significantly.

But I'm no cancer doc nor some sage with all the answers. But because of that, I've found that asking questions, and paying attention, rather than just complying with whatever doc's recommendations are, has paid some significant dividends in my own case. But that's MY decision, and needn't be anyone else's, yours or whoever's. Just thought the info ought to be posted here so that consideration, at least, might be given for what we DON'T know yet about cancer, how it works, why it works that way, and what can be done to counter it. That's all. Nothing more and nothing less. You have a right to your own opinion and decisions if, God forbid, you should ever find you have it. I wish you well, whatever your opinion is on this subject.

Docs are mechanics, just like we all are, some better, some worse. Cancer has been identified for 4000 yrs. Treatment hasn't changed until the last 75 or so years - we have better tools now. Is it genetic, environmental, dietary? We don't know. Lots of SWAGS. Kinda like oil. We were told it was plant/skeletal matter from a long time age, now it's made by the earth magma and is a byproduct of geophysics. Or the poultry industry that uses light generated at fertilization to sort viable eggs from bad ones - yet WE define beginning of life to suit our desires.
    Short version - if you got it, get the best treatment available and don't spend funds on snake oil.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Docs are mechanics, just like we all are, some better, some worse. Cancer has been identified for 4000 yrs. Treatment hasn't changed until the last 75 or so years - we have better tools now. Is it genetic, environmental, dietary? We don't know. Lots of SWAGS. Kinda like oil. We were told it was plant/skeletal matter from a long time age, now it's made by the earth magma and is a byproduct of geophysics. Or the poultry industry that uses light generated at fertilization to sort viable eggs from bad ones - yet WE define beginning of life to suit our desires.
    Short version - if you got it, get the best treatment available and don't spend funds on snake oil.
    We do know what causes cancers. The DNA molecule is damaged in such a way that the cell replicates improperly and does not undergo apoptosis (programmed cell-death when flaws are found). Often the damage also includes continually cycling in the G2 stage of replication, creating the tumor.

It's similar to oil in that there can be several sources. Some oil is biogenic, not from dinosaurs but from algae and diatoms. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. With cancers, the causes can be environmental (asbestos, carcinogenic materials) radiogenic (sunlight, nuclear materials, coal dust and soot) or it can just be a mutation caused by certain genetic markers such as the BC1 and BC2 genes linked to breast cancer.

The alternative medicine stuff gains a lot of traction because people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer.

We do know what causes cancers Wrong. we do know that most is uncontrolled growth, some is killing other cells, etc. Found that ~ 1947. We do have evidence that there are carcinogenic substances, don't know of any experiments to 'create' cancer in tissue - by DNA change only. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. Pretty much established that what we call mineral petroleum is from subduction zones - look at google earth and the areas where 'mineral' oil is found! No quinkydink.
    people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer Nor should they. But we are quite often told incorrect stuff - which was the only reason I posted here anyway.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    We do know what causes cancers Wrong. we do know that most is uncontrolled growth, some is killing other cells, etc. Found that ~ 1947. We do have evidence that there are carcinogenic substances, don't know of any experiments to 'create' cancer in tissue - by DNA change only. Other oil may be abiogenic, but that's not confirmed yet. Pretty much established that what we call mineral petroleum is from subduction zones - look at google earth and the areas where 'mineral' oil is found! No quinkydink.
    people don't normally understand the microbiology and cell biology involved in cancer Nor should they. But we are quite often told incorrect stuff - which was the only reason I posted here anyway.
    Uncontrolled growth and malignancy are not causes of cancer, they are symptoms. You can search for the term "oncogenesis" in a research library and will find studies where cancer is induced. There are particular breeds of rats that are bred because​ they grow tumor easily, which is used to evaluate certain types of treatment. What you have said here is incorrect.

Ya know I don't give a rats behind what the causes are of cancer, I'm and I bet moat all of the other folks out there are only concerned with what can cure cancer. This is likely also why all the flakes giving out so called cures that do not work arestill in business. They prey on the uneducated and those who are close to the end with nothing to look forward too.

Why oh why would anyone go to a 3rd world country for treatment when we have some of the best care hospitals and Dr's right here in the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Ya know I don't give a rats behind what the causes are of cancer, I'm and I bet moat all of the other folks out there are only concerned with what can cure cancer. This is likely also why all the flakes giving out so called cures that do not work arestill in business. They prey on the uneducated and those who are close to the end with nothing to look forward too.

Why oh why would anyone go to a 3rd world country for treatment when we have some of the best care hospitals and Dr's right here in the U.S..
    I wouldn't seek treatment in a 3rd world country but I would certainly seek treatment in Germany, Austria, France and Japan depending on what type of cancer was diagnosed because those countries have higher remission and cure rates than the U.S. does depending on the type of cancer. And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.

A lot of the reason certain types of cures aren't researched and developed in the U.S. is because of our patent laws and the extreme costs involved in getting a drug passed with the FDA. Big Pharma isn't going to spend tens of millions if the can't own the patent long enough to make their money back plus a serious profit to show their stock holders.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Quote Originally Posted by StolzerandSons View Post
    I wouldn't seek treatment in a 3rd world country but I would certainly seek treatment in Germany, Austria, France and Japan depending on what type of cancer was diagnosed because those countries have higher remission and cure rates than the U.S. does depending on the type of cancer. And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.

A lot of the reason certain types of cures aren't researched and developed in the U.S. is because of our patent laws and the extreme costs involved in getting a drug passed with the FDA. Big Pharma isn't going to spend tens of millions if the can't own the patent long enough to make their money back plus a serious profit to show their stock holders.
    Think and believe as you wish, not my concern!

Good luck if you ever get the big C!

All ready been through it 16 years ago.

And they don't all start out with putting poison in you as a cure, they use a whole body approach to fighting cancer.
    What ever you say Doc.

Today is our 33 wedding anniversary...and it's the 12th anniversary of my wife's "survivor" status as a cancer survivor...early detection (by a doctor and a radiologist when she had her mamogram) and the subsequent treatments saved her life...don't tell her not to trust the medical profession...she'll not give you the time of day.

We had a close friend that had a similar diagnosis to my Wife's...they went to Mexico for "layatril" treatments (sp?)...spent thousands of dollars on a substance made from the pits of apricots if I'm not mistaken...she will not be celebrating survival today.

God's speed to all in treatment...the one thing I saw in my wife was her trust and her attitude in conjunction with here treatments...she had many "experts" advising her what to do...she listened to her Oncologist and surgeon and is alive today....And heeeerrrreeee she is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walk for the cure 11 2 02 030.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	195945
    Last edited by opos; 05-20-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Think and believe as you wish, not my concern!

Good luck if you ever get the big C!
    In the past the U.S. was the world leader in cancer treatment and survival rates for all types of cancer but that isn't true anymore. Depending on the type of cancer other 1st world western medicine countries have higher rates now days. I don't need to be a Doctor to read the studies and treatments that Germany, Austria, France and Japan are leading the way in.

If I got cancer I would want the best treatment with the best proven results regardless of what country it was. Seems silly to me to refuse treatment because it wasn't FDA approved in the U.S..
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Once again, I have all my care through the VA, they have saved me once and Lord willing will again.

At my age and my financial position I'm not about to blow it all and leave the wife penny less!

You wish to be a world traveler and blow you're fourtion to eek out a few years, have at it. I could and do care less!

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    Today is our 33 wedding anniversary...and it's the 12th anniversary of my wife's "survivor" status as a cancer survivor...early detection (by a doctor and a radiologist when she had her mamogram) and the subsequent treatments saved her life...don't tell her not to trust the medical profession...she'll not give you the time of day.

We had a close friend that had a similar diagnosis to my Wife's...they went to Mexico for "layatril" treatments (sp?)...spent thousands of dollars on a substance made from the pits of avacado's if I'm not mistaken...she will not be celebrating survival today.

God's speed to all in treatment...the one thing I saw in my wife was her trust and her attitude in conjunction with here treatments...she had many "experts" advising her what to do...she listened to her Oncologist and surgeon and is alive today....And heeeerrrreeee she is...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walk for the cure 11 2 02 030.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	195945
    One word. WONDERFUL!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    I am thankful for the new drugs they have nowdays. Last year it was Tarciva and this year its Tagrisso. My understanding is cancer feeds on sugar and you should limit its use. When getting a PET scan they always inject a sugar solution that lites up the cancer,

I have heard this, too, and I believe it.
    Go to the grocery and try to. It is difficult to find foods without added sugar.

I have also heard cancer thrives in an acid environment while eating that sugar. Water has an acid pH. My water filtration system changes the pH of water to alkaline.

Limiting sugar intake and drinking filtered water instead of Cokes or alcohol just might help prevent or delay it!

Boolit Master
    It would be great to be able to travel all over the world to find the best treatment,but most people on this forum could not afford it as insurance only works in the us. My daily pill was billed by insurance last year at $250/pill. This year the newest pill is billed to insurance at $400/day. That's about $144k/year.
    In the past the U.S. was the world leader in cancer treatment and survival rates for all types of cancer but that isn't true anymore. Depending on the type of cancer other 1st world western medicine countries have higher rates now days. I don't need to be a Doctor to read the studies and treatments that Germany, Austria, France and Japan are leading the way in.

If I got cancer I would want the best treatment with the best proven results regardless of what country it was. Seems silly to me to refuse treatment because it wasn't FDA approved in the U.S..

Boolit Master
    I have to look into the filtered water. I think sugar and corn surp have many issues that cause health issues from diabetes, cancers, tooth decay and making people fat.The year I gave up cokes I dropped 20lbs in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I have heard this, too, and I believe it.
    Go to the grocery and try to. It is difficult to find foods without added sugar.

I have also heard cancer thrives in an acid environment while eating that sugar. Water has an acid pH. My water filtration system changes the pH of water to alkaline.

Limiting sugar intake and drinking filtered water instead of Cokes or alcohol just might help prevent or delay it!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    I am greatly disturbed to see the work of cranks and frauds being promoted here.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the...-about-cancer/

Dr. Hall is a medical doctor, a veteran of the US Air Force, and does a fantastic job of outlining the BS Bollinger is promoting. This article is mostly just a list of the things he lies about, and I called go grab the articles discussing the work of frauds like Burzinsky, Mercola, and Adams.
    Thank you for your response. When one is afflicted with cancer as I was recently diagnosed, I prefer having most all of the tools in the toolbox, so to speak. That means mainstream medicine and other therapies.
    I personally know 3 people that are alive today, 7+ years after they completed the mainstream medicine treatment and then sought homeopathic treatment because they were told they had 6 months to live.

Two had pancreatic cancer and the other, lung cancer (outside of the lung). So to indicate that nothing beyond mainstream medicine will do any good, is not entirely true.

I did have an appointment with an oncologist who described what chemotherapy would be used (3 types).And then I asked him, how recently they had been developed. His response....we've been using them for at least 20 years. 20 years! and nothing new (other than the immunotherapy, which by the way, some clinics where medical doctors in the US that have also trained in complimentary medicine have been doing since at least back into the early 1990's.)
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Quote Originally Posted by w30wcf View Post
    Thank you for your response. When one is afflicted with cancer as I was recently diagnosed, I prefer having most all of the tools in the toolbox, so to speak. That means mainstream medicine and other therapies.
    I personally know 3 people that are alive today, 7+ years after they completed the mainstream medicine treatment and then sought homeopathic treatment because they were told they had 6 months to live.

Two had pancreatic cancer and the other, lung cancer (outside of the lung). So to indicate that nothing beyond mainstream medicine will do any good, is not entirely true.

I did have an appointment with an oncologist who described what chemotherapy would be used (3 types).And then I asked him, how recently they had been developed. His response....we've been using them for at least 20 years. 20 years! and nothing new (other than the immunotherapy, which by the way, some clinics where medical doctors in the US that have also trained in complimentary medicine have been doing since at least back into the early 1990's.)
    Good Luck.

Never mentioned what kind of cancer you have!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast