Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest

The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest

A very interesting and informative series by Ty Bollinger that just might help save the lives of those with cancer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0...p-D6p8Nj-59yYQ

w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Boolit Master
    I am greatly disturbed to see the work of cranks and frauds being promoted here.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the...-about-cancer/

Dr. Hall is a medical doctor, a veteran of the US Air Force, and does a fantastic job of outlining the BS Bollinger is promoting. This article is mostly just a list of the things he lies about, and I called go grab the articles discussing the work of frauds like Burzinsky, Mercola, and Adams.

Boolit Master
    Just scandalous that they are promoting a healthy natural diet and lifestyle. Listen up everyone. Buy what the TV tells you and take your chemo without griping about it.
    Rule 303

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Well I start chemo treatment tomorrow morning! My cancer is incurable, but there is a chance it can be slowed down.

No, I'm not griping!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont View Post
    Just scandalous that they are promoting a healthy natural diet and lifestyle. Listen up everyone. Buy what the TV tells you and take your chemo without griping about it.
    There's nothing healthy about injecting urea into your blood or taking herbal cocktails with no evidence rather than treatments that do work. You don't have to stop at TV either, you can go read the published trials for the various drug programs and radiation therapy and see that they work.

Do yourself a favor and read the article I linked, and ask yourself why Bollinger is lying outright if he really has stumbled on the truth.

Boolit Master
    Chemotherapy at 930 am myself 6th treatment almost 1/2 done . God bless

Moderator Emeritus

Well, I guess this is where I need to relate a story about one of my dearest friends here. He and his beloved wife of over 50 years live in the N. Ga. mountains in a nice, gated community. She came down with cancer, and it was late term, according to the docs. And they basically told her to go home and wait to die, and not to buy any green bananas. She and her husband were devastated. But neither is the type to take something like that laying down, so .... they began to do their own research. In their little gated community, there were 5 doctors who also had cancer. 3 of them had begun a vagan diet, and did not want to endure the secondary effects of chemo and radiation. The other 2 elected to go with the recommended treatment. That was several years ago. The two who went with the recommended treatment are both dead, and the 3 who went with the very specific and regimented vegan diet, are still alive, as is my friend's wonderful wife!

Why did that work for them, and the recommended proceedures fail for those 2 docs who died? I don't know. All I know is that it's really easy to tell the difference between life and death, and I'm humble enough to know that there are many things that I don't understand that are true, or that work when other more highly "lauded" things don't. I wish I could offer an explanation, but I can't. All I CAN do is relate this story, and leave it up to you to decide what it means, if anything to you. Wish I had more to offer. She has become a real light in my life. She knows more stuff about what we eat than I could absorb in 10 years, I think. But ..... I guess necessity really is "the mother of invention," and that she got VERY serious about any chance she might have. Today, her blood chemistry is FAR better than mine! She's tried to recommend the vegan diet to me, but I've been very resistive to it. But now, her husband, a hearty meat-eater of very long standing, adheres to the diet with only occasional lapses, like a burger and fries, and he reports he feels a LOT better than he has in years. And I think he's 75 now.

Those two have done marriage the RIGHT way, and to lose one of them would be devastating to their whole world, even now. And it took a LOT of courage and total commitment to do what she did, and find all she could about what cancer liked and didn't like. It's not just a matter of stopping eating meat, and then eating whatever veggies you want. It's much more complicated and intricate than that, but she's learned all she could, and could probably write several books on the matter. She's just the type who, when she gets into something, gets into it whole hog, and doesn't quit as long as she's still got questions.

I'd never pretend to recommend something I didn't understand to anyone who's fighting for their lives, but simply relate this to anyone who might be interested. Money runs SO much in our world today, it really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what docs do today isn't at the roots of it, guided by money. Businesses, including big pharma, HAVE to make a profit to pay the bills, meet the payroll, and have something left over for further research and inquiry, and none of that is cheap. But .... with the state of character extant today in business ...... nothing would surprise me, really. Character has never depended on money, but money has often corrupted people's character. That's always been the way of this world, thogh, and it's nothing new at all.

But someone facing their own death HAS to have as much faith as they can in what they choose to do. Yes, there ARE indeed quacks and those just trying to get money any way they can with "alternative treatments," but there seems to be some who are devout, and who have a point. Where it'll all lead, I have no idea, but .... time marches on, and we continue to learn as long as we keep making inquiries. It's when we stop asking questions that we so often falter and fail. Dealing with cancer is one of the most personal and private decisions a person can make. To those of you dealing with it, I wish you well.

But simply writing off ALL "alternative treatments" as "quacks" is simply not fully rational. Yeah, some are quacks and crooks but .... ALL of them? I doubt that. Cancer is a very motivating thing, and it's entirely rational that very bright and well trained folks who are looking into it may well have something to offer. And surfing the net with well chosen search engines and words should turn up some interesting things about the vegan diet and cancer, and what foods and veggies tend to help fight cancer, and which enhance it. Wish I could provide more, but I simply don't have the info some of you may wish. Wish I did, but maybe this story will help motivate you to investigate some of this, and maybe get some help out of it?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Well, I guess this is where I need to relate a story about one of my dearest friends here. He and his beloved wife of over 50 years live in the N. Ga. mountains in a nice, gated community. She came down with cancer, and it was late term, according to the docs. And they basically told her to go home and wait to die, and not to buy any green bananas. She and her husband were devastated. But neither is the type to take something like that laying down, so .... they began to do their own research. In their little gated community, there were 5 doctors who also had cancer. 3 of them had begun a vagan diet, and did not want to endure the secondary effects of chemo and radiation. The other 2 elected to go with the recommended treatment. That was several years ago. The two who went with the recommended treatment are both dead, and the 3 who went with the very specific and regimented vegan diet, are still alive, as is my friend's wonderful wife!

Why did that work for them, and the recommended proceedures fail for those 2 docs who died? I don't know. All I know is that it's really easy to tell the difference between life and death, and I'm humble enough to know that there are many things that I don't understand that are true, or that work when other more highly "lauded" things don't. I wish I could offer an explanation, but I can't. All I CAN do is relate this story, and leave it up to you to decide what it means, if anything to you. Wish I had more to offer. She has become a real light in my life. She knows more stuff about what we eat than I could absorb in 10 years, I think. But ..... I guess necessity really is "the mother of invention," and that she got VERY serious about any chance she might have. Today, her blood chemistry is FAR better than mine! She's tried to recommend the vegan diet to me, but I've been very resistive to it. But now, her husband, a hearty meat-eater of very long standing, adheres to the diet with only occasional lapses, like a burger and fries, and he reports he feels a LOT better than he has in years. And I think he's 75 now.

Those two have done marriage the RIGHT way, and to lose one of them would be devastating to their whole world, even now. And it took a LOT of courage and total commitment to do what she did, and find all she could about what cancer liked and didn't like. It's not just a matter of stopping eating meat, and then eating whatever veggies you want. It's much more complicated and intricate than that, but she's learned all she could, and could probably write several books on the matter. She's just the type who, when she gets into something, gets into it whole hog, and doesn't quit as long as she's still got questions.

I'd never pretend to recommend something I didn't understand to anyone who's fighting for their lives, but simply relate this to anyone who might be interested. Money runs SO much in our world today, it really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what docs do today isn't at the roots of it, guided by money. Businesses, including big pharma, HAVE to make a profit to pay the bills, meet the payroll, and have something left over for further research and inquiry, and none of that is cheap. But .... with the state of character extant today in business ...... nothing would surprise me, really. Character has never depended on money, but money has often corrupted people's character. That's always been the way of this world, thogh, and it's nothing new at all.

But someone facing their own death HAS to have as much faith as they can in what they choose to do. Yes, there ARE indeed quacks and those just trying to get money any way they can with "alternative treatments," but there seems to be some who are devout, and who have a point. Where it'll all lead, I have no idea, but .... time marches on, and we continue to learn as long as we keep making inquiries. It's when we stop asking questions that we so often falter and fail. Dealing with cancer is one of the most personal and private decisions a person can make. To those of you dealing with it, I wish you well.

But simply writing off ALL "alternative treatments" as "quacks" is simply not fully rational. Yeah, some are quacks and crooks but .... ALL of them? I doubt that. Cancer is a very motivating thing, and it's entirely rational that very bright and well trained folks who are looking into it may well have something to offer. And surfing the net with well chosen search engines and words should turn up some interesting things about the vegan diet and cancer, and what foods and veggies tend to help fight cancer, and which enhance it. Wish I could provide more, but I simply don't have the info some of you may wish. Wish I did, but maybe this story will help motivate you to investigate some of this, and maybe get some help out of it?
    Did all 5 have the same type of cancer and the same prognosis and stage? If not, this story is meaningless.

I'll put the same question to the you, it Bollinger has really found the truth, then why is his video series chock full of bald-faced lies?

Presuming that some quack treatments must work just because there's a lot of them is like presuming that some of the jewelry in a child's costume chest just be real just because there's a lot of it. It's not a rational conclusion because the number of quack treatments doesn't have any bearing on their efficacy.

Boolit Master

I hate cancer with a passion. I have strong mixed feeling about cancer treatments and alternative medicine. I had cancer 10 years ago and had surgery and radiation. Mine was caught early and it's gone; I was lucky.

Much like Blackwater, I've seen people go through worse, seen and heard anecdotal stories of successful alternative treatments, and don't claim to know it all by any means. A good friend of my mother's had very serious cancer about 25 years ago. She went through chemo and everything, doctors said there was nothing more they could do. She went to some outfit in Mexico which put her on some odd extreme diet. She's still alive and cancer-free.

My folks are ardent followers of some "Dr" Mercola. Some years back they subscribed us to his newsletter. I tried to be open-minded, but quickly lost interest. He was always hawking some book, and always had the miracle cure for everything, and the big bad medical establishment was always trying to shut him down because he's so awesome and they're so greedy and evil... He reminded me of an old-fashioned snake oil salesman and it turned me off cold.

That doesn't mean that there's not value in some of these alternative treatments. If I had cancer again I'd be going through standard treatments, but I'd also be seriously researching dietary treatments as well. I had a doctor tell me once that he didn't typically recommend dietary changes for patients unless they asked for it, because in his experience it was very rare for someone to change the way they've eaten for decades, even if it was life or death. Is it a miracle cure that could work for everyone? Doubt it. I don't know. Seems worth checking out.

It's interesting to me that some things that were alternative medicine a generation or two ago are now more accepted and understood by mainstream medicine.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    Did all 5 have the same type of cancer and the same prognosis and stage? If not, this story is meaningless.

I'll put the same question to the you, it Bollinger has really found the truth, then why is his video series chock full of bald-faced lies?

Presuming that some quack treatments must work just because there's a lot of them is like presuming that some of the jewelry in a child's costume chest just be real just because there's a lot of it. It's not a rational conclusion because the number of quack treatments doesn't have any bearing on their efficacy.
    Well, Mac, you have more faith in docs and the whole medical system than I do. Even with the best medical care, all they can still do is just give you their "best guess" as to what should be done. And being human, docs STILL miss things, or don't weight them quite appropriately at times. It's been said that doctors kill more people with their mistakes than criminals ever could! But most (not all, but most) are good men of good will. A few are just like the "snake oil" salesmen described here. But it's always up to the patient to check out his docs, and if he doesn't, he' better have a LOT of faith in luck!

And it was not told to me what kinds of cancers they had, so I can't answer that question. However, some VERY highly involved cancer researchers have said that we ALL probably get cancer many times in our lives, but our bodies' natural defense mechanisms fend it off. And some research on cancer treatments have been in the area of how to best enhance the bodie's ability to heal itself. I don't know what ALL is going on in that vein, and all I know is what happened with the 5 people listed above, and those I've seen go through chemo and radiation, and NONE of it is pleasant. Her diet and exercise regimen is something few would ever submit themselves to. But in her and the other 2 docs' cases, it seems to have worked. Why? I have no idea.

It's long been known that cancer tends to occur more regularly in those who eat in certain ways. We really are, I think, just on the cusp, hopefully, of finding out how cancer REALLY works, what causes it, how, and what to do about it when it raises its ugly head. One of the most limiting things, it seems, is the necessity of funding. Finding someone who'll fund various approaches is harder when the approach is out of the norm in its thinking. But then again, it's stuff that has stepped outside conventional thinking that have given us many "miracles" in our time here.

So take your pick. If I found I had cancer today, I'm not sure what I'd do. Possibly go for the chemo and radiation. I have a friend who just took another dose of chemo yesterday, and just got off the phone with him. But I pray for him and many others every night. If you have it all figured out, you're a LOT smarter and better informed than I am! Good luck to you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Well, Mac, you have more faith in docs and the whole medical system than I do. Even with the best medical care, all they can still do is just give you their "best guess" as to what should be done. And being human, docs STILL miss things, or don't weight them quite appropriately at times. It's been said that doctors kill more people with their mistakes than criminals ever could! But most (not all, but most) are good men of good will. A few are just like the "snake oil" salesmen described here. But it's always up to the patient to check out his docs, and if he doesn't, he' better have a LOT of faith in luck!

And it was not told to me what kinds of cancers they had, so I can't answer that question. However, some VERY highly involved cancer researchers have said that we ALL probably get cancer many times in our lives, but our bodies' natural defense mechanisms fend it off. And some research on cancer treatments have been in the area of how to best enhance the bodie's ability to heal itself. I don't know what ALL is going on in that vein, and all I know is what happened with the 5 people listed above, and those I've seen go through chemo and radiation, and NONE of it is pleasant. Her diet and exercise regimen is something few would ever submit themselves to. But in her and the other 2 docs' cases, it seems to have worked. Why? I have no idea.

It's long been known that cancer tends to occur more regularly in those who eat in certain ways. We really are, I think, just on the cusp, hopefully, of finding out how cancer REALLY works, what causes it, how, and what to do about it when it raises its ugly head. One of the most limiting things, it seems, is the necessity of funding. Finding someone who'll fund various approaches is harder when the approach is out of the norm in its thinking. But then again, it's stuff that has stepped outside conventional thinking that have given us many "miracles" in our time here.

So take your pick. If I found I had cancer today, I'm not sure what I'd do. Possibly go for the chemo and radiation. I have a friend who just took another dose of chemo yesterday, and just got off the phone with him. But I pray for him and many others every night. If you have it all figured out, you're a LOT smarter and better informed than I am! Good luck to you.
    I do need to have faith in doctors, I have evidence that certain treatments work and others don't.

It is not true that we all develop cancer and fight it off. We all develop certain kinds of tumors or growths, but those are not cancer. What makes it cancer is that apoptosis does not occur and it spreads.

If you don't know the specifics then the five cases you mentioned are a bit like saying Colts are more accurate because three of the five people you know who shoot all won championships with Colts, without specifying what kind of shooting or what model Colt or whether the other two were even competing.

People should research their doctors. What they shouldn't do is listen to cranks (Bollinger) and quacks (Burzinksy, et al.) and just-so stories about anonymous strangers who supposedly cured their cancer through diet and exercise. They should read up on the actual science of what makes cancer happen and why you can't fight it off just with diet and exercise.

I'd like to know where you're hearing that it's 'long been known' that certain diets make people more cancer prone. Sounds like more quackery.

I had my cancer cut out last year, going in for the 6 month check up at the end of the month.

life is easier when your young an d nvincible, I'll have to wait on forming an opnion of dying young vs old though.

But, but, but, it's "ALL NATURAL!

If "all natural" had much to do with it, tell me why the average age 100 or 200 years ago was less than it is today.

Yes I know much was because of infant deaths. But even so the death rate was much younger, and they all ate "all natural" food.

Now lets get with it on the bowel cleansing BS.

Banned

jcwitt, beeman, and toallmy I have no advice for you. But what I do have is prayers. All three of you will be on the wife and my prayer list this week.

Boolit Master
    Thank you Lloyd , God bless

I also thank you Lloyd. In the end it is all in His Hands as to the final outcome.

Banned

you are two very strong men! Id hope to be as strong if it happened to me.

Boolit Master
    I am thankful for the new drugs they have nowdays. Last year it was Tarciva and this year its Tagrisso. My understanding is cancer feeds on sugar and you should limit its use. When getting a PET scan they always inject a sugar solution that lites up the cancer,

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    This is what I know about cancer.
    it killed my father, it killed his mother and it has killed other people in my family and circle of friends. It is a horrible, life changing disease that attacks and kills indiscriminately.

I was diagnosed with lymphoma in 1977, my oncologist at the time diagnosed it as Hodgkin's disease and treated it with multiple surgeries and 22 radiation treatments.
    I said then that I would not succumb to this disease without a fight. It may have killed my father but it would not kill me. I was 23 at the time and lived until 2012 cancer-free.

In 2012, I was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer at the base of my tongue that had metastasized to the lymph glands in my throat and both lungs. My thoracic surgeon declared me terminal. Subsequent biopsies revealed that the supposed tumors in my lungs (discovered by PET-scans)were actually an obscure type of encapsulated fungi that is not life-threatening.
    My salivary gland cancer was cured by a combination of rather nasty surgeries and 33 radiation treatments.

I remained cancer-free until I fell quite ill in the spring of 2012.
    I was eventually diagnosed with Burkitt-like lymphoma that had become widespread in my lungs, stomach and other areas of my abdomen and, unfortunately, to my brain. The brain tumor affected my right eye causing it to go completely shut and unuseable.
    I was once again declared terminal by my radiation oncologist.
    I underwent a six month regimen of chemotherapy through a chest port which also included over a dozen spinal chemotherapy treatments and 15 radiation treatments for my brain tumor.
    I am currently in remission since the beginning of January, my brain tumor no longer affects my right eye and I am slowly recovering my strength and stamina.

I followed the recommendations of my team of oncologists and completely disregarded the charlatans who promote "alternative" treatments. I will put my faith in God and the trained medical professionals who follow the recommended treatments of the National Cancer Institute and similar organizations.

As a three-time loser or winner, depending on how you look at it, I would urge others to pursue the recommended treatments of the experts. Do not trust "alternative" remedies...a fellow you may have heard of followed an alternative medicine practitioner to treat his cancer some years ago and unfortunately died. His name was Steve McQueen.

I wish I had no experience with cancer or some of the less than capable doctors that come with a lot of cancer diagnosis. I am not going through my family history, it is too long, it is sad and not all that interesting, unless you are "in line." One thing I have learned, the hard way, is that if you are diagnosed, go find the very best specialist you can get. Ask the very best doctor you know: Whom would you see if you were diagnosed. Forget the main street GP, go right to the people that do this every day, have the latest data and a staff supporting them that is on the same level. Few doctors can offer real effective treatment or hope and any doctor can kill you.

If someone offers you a stump water cocktail of virgin pee to go with a coffee enema for $500, just send me the money, it will do you about as much good. I sincerely do hope that you whom are still afflicted after treatment, get some relief and help from your faith if you are at that point.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast