Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Truth About Cancer A Global Quest

One thing we heard from both the Oncologist and from the Surgeon when my Wife was going though her bout with cancer was be very careful what you read or take from the internet...there are several locations (American cancer society, Mayo Clinic, etc) that will carefully give some information but every case of cancer is very different and one on one diagnosis will give the best result.

One more thing...with breast cancer the "food for the cancer" is estrogen..not sugar or other things...when estrogen is removed from the picture the cancer loses it's ability to feed...that is the main target of breast cancer after a lump removal or mastectomy...so a blanket statement about sugar, etc may have no bearing on the type of cancer involved..

We almost drove each other and the doctors nuts by looking at the internet babble and listening to self professed experts that were neither doctors nor directly involved as a cancer patient.

An aside...I have a close friend that has glaucoma and is losing his eyesight..his pressures are way up and it's going to cost him his eyesight....he is a "homeopathic guru" and has ignored the doctor's advice to use eye drops to relieve the pressures on the optic nerve...he's taking massive doses of green and blue algae as a home remedy...his eye sight is getting worse and the doctor has shown him the proof positive of what is occurring but he's locked in to the algae treatment that some "expert" on the internet has professed is the best treatment.

Not my eyesight and not my family but it's not working and the outlook is not good..lots of that same kind of thing in all diseases...

Boolit Master
    Some good info here. i am not sure about sugar, but I have decided to reduce it. I used to think Salt was evil, but when I got sick one of the markers was very low sodium in the blood. Too low sodium and you die. The best advice is to find the best cancer center you can find and a good doctor.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Some good info here. i am not sure about sugar, but I have decided to reduce it. I used to think Salt was evil, but when I got sick one of the markers was very low sodium in the blood. Too low sodium and you die. The best advice is to find the best cancer center you can find and a good doctor.

Correct!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Opos--Congratulations to your wife!! Gail just passed her 6 year marker after a similar fight. Her cancer was caught early and she had radiation treatments but did not need chemo.
    R.D.M.

In thirty seven years as a pastor, I have seen many scores of people with cancer of all kinds. I have walked with them and their families through the sickness. People respond in many different ways. Some are accepting of their morality and others literally go nuts with worry, searching here and there for some way to dodge the bullet. The net result if they don't live any longer, and the time they have left is an emotional hell.

I have seen all kinds of outcomes with cancer, some good, some OK and some not good at all. For all those who deal with this there are some common issues about mortality, faith and what we truly value in life. These kinds of illness can help us focus on those things that really matter, mostly our relationships. It is a bad illness, but can produce some very positive results in terms of best quality of life.

For the record, I have three different illnesses for which their is no cure and no good long term outcome and one of them is cancer. I am getting to put into practice those things I have learned from walking with others down the same road.

So for those who are on the same road, I would just say, build your faith, trust in the grace of God, mend any broken fences with others and hold those you love close. For Pete's sake done grasp at straws. Face life and face death straight on and cherish each day and those you love. God is good, have no doubt about that! The road ahead may be short, but it can be filled with incredibly rich days.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Very well put Char-Gar.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Thank You! Everyone for your comments & Insperation!
    jcwit
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ll-Lung-Cancer

john
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Boolit Master
    In the summer of 2011 I had a massive nose bleed. After it was stopped I felt like ****. Went to see my Dr. and he had me get a blood test. Next day Igot a call to come in for a transfusion, red blood cell count was very low. After spending a night getting three units of blood the discharging Dr. referred me to a Hematologist. She ended up diagnosing me with Waldenstrom megaglomia, a form of non-hodgons lymphoma. Numbers were such that she was wooied about heart attacks, strokes and long term permanent comas. Promptly went into chemo for 6 months. Three months later numbers were going up again. Another 6 months of chemo. After another 3-4 months the numbers were up again and I went back into chemo. That was four years ago. I see my Dr. about every 2 months. of late the numbers have started up again and Dr and I are ready for me to go into chemo again, then my numbers go down. Sometime within the next year or so I will go back into chemo. Dr says she can control but not cure it, so I will probably be on chemo the rest of my life. I feel bad the week of chemo then I am fine. I can live withthis. Also I have had 8 minor heart attacks. Cardiologist says I won't die of a heart attack, Oncologist says I won't die of cancer. This puts some real stress on my Family Practice Dr. .While I don't particularly enjoy living in the Greater Los Angeles area they're major health centers that are going to keep me going for awhile longer. If you get a cancer diagnose visit several oncologists/hematologists for opinions on various treatments. Decide what is right for you and your family anddo it. don't go to quacks either here orin europe or the third world.

Moderator Emeritus

What to do when one discovers or is told they have cancer is about as private and personal a decision as one will ever have to make. I had a cousin who found he had it, and after being told some horror stories of how chemo and radiation could be debilitating, he elected to forego all that, and to just pray for a healing. He'd been a real rounder almost all his life, and came to belief late. He wasn't afraid of death, which is NOT normal, it seems. He was thankful for all the blessings he'd been given, and just decided to take the approach he did. He died, and I'll miss that ol' rascal. But who knows what might have happened if he hadn't refused the usual treatments? I don't, nor does anyone else.

And to have alternative treatments called "fraud" and ALL their practitioners "quacks" is FAR from fair or rational. None who've declaimed my story have yet explained how the 3 docs who did the alternative treatment are still alive, while the 2 who went with chemo and radiation both died. If something works, then .... well, it just works. Plain and simple. Might not work for everyone, but then again, who knows???? If I were found to have cancer, I'd probably go the chemo and radiation route, but it'd nag at me about the diet and health approach, I assure you. Might tray all 3!

We LIKE to think we know a lot more than we truly DO today. That CAN be a grave weakness in us. Any time we stop asking questions and seeking further answers, we're only hurting ourselves. Never take anything as gospel unless and until you've seen the results. Sometimes, we might not understand HOW something works, but if it's clear that it DOES .... well, then it just does. Very simple. Might not work in ALL cases, but anyone who has cancer ought to do some investigating instead of blindly putting ourselves in the hands of others we really don't have any personal relationship with, and therefore, CANNOT know what their true sentiments are towards us.

When challenged, as with cancer, we may WANT to "know," but we should NEVER refuse to consider things that have proven multiple times to have helped, and have simply worked. Do as you will. That's what you SHOULD do. But declaiming alternative treatments out of hand and in total simply isn't a rational decision. It may be motivated by our weakness for "thinking" (or wanting to?) we know more than we really do. And if there's anyone we do NOT want to "fool," it's our own selves. Conventionality CAN be a good thing, but not ALL the time. FWIW?