Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Leather Lace-on comb

Boolit Buddy

Leather Lace-on comb

Desperately in need of the leather lace-on sleeve that raises the comb on a rifle.
    I don't know the proper name of them. I've looked on Midway, Cabelas, Brownells, & etc.
    Any shooters out there that has one they don't need or at least tell me who sells them.
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master

Try Buffalo Arms, Trac of the wolf, Springfield Armory fulton Armory and the DCM/CMP. They are available for the buffalo guns thru the first 2 and for garands and other vintage sniper rifles thru the last 3.

Perma-Banned
    I second Buffalo Arms, i have bought 5 leather lace up recoil pads from them, they should have what you are looking for

In Remembrance

I`ve always heard it referred to as a `Lace on leather cheek piece` to raise your eyes to better use iron sights. I had one on my M-1A and another on my `03-A3 Springfield. Both rifles are gone as are the cheek piece lace ons.Robert

Boolit Master
    Yes, I did a search for "lace-on cheek-piece" (which gets plenty of hits, including Brownells), and Google or Windows or some other smartass asked me if I meant "lace-on cheek piece", so it can't be an uncommon request.

If it slides, try double-sided tape or non-adhesive thin rubber under it. If adhesive from the tape lingers when you take it off, genuine turpentine works better than most solvents, but might harm an oil finish. In this case use a pencil eraser.

Are you looing for something like this? I have had my eye on it and was thinking about purchasing one as it looks like a great price.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 07-11-2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: removed ebay link

In Remembrance

I seem to remember getting both of my cheek pads from a Cheaper than dirt catalog.Robert

Boolit Master

We have a member here, Springfield, that made one for me that is awesome! Contact him and he can make it exactly how you want it. Mine wasn't to raise the comb, it was to protect my shoulder from the points of the crescent buttplate but he can make whatever you'd like.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Perma-Banned
    Since this is in 'helping hands' maybe its a free one Mr. buggybuilder is looking for?

Boolit Buddy
    FYI !! I am not looking for a freeby! Just info on where I could purchase one.....but if someone had one in a "junk box" that they were not using, I would be interested in purchasing it.

Boolit Master
    I am making one for my rifles rite now. The price they are asking for the above examples is less than what I could make one for.
    But I can say I made these.

Boolit Buddy
    Sarco has the good ones.
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Boolit Buddy
    I would highly recommend cheeknstock.com - They custom make each cheek piece, with your choice of height and leather color. I found them through recommendations on the M14 forum. Very reasonable, very quick turnaround time - about a week, that was approximately 18 months ago. They made me a black leather, high rise for synthetic M1A stock. They use high end velcro for attachment and it has held up very well, does not slip or move. I have approximately 250 rounds or so thru the scoped rifle since it's installation. Good Luck with your search. Bill in MA

Boolit Buddy
    No longer need one. Thanks to everyone that gave me input!