RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Useable power chair for outdoor useage?

Boolit Grand Master

Useable power chair for outdoor useage?

I'm looking at a rough surface power chair for me to use outdoors. Country lawns, fairs, fields, ranges and even woods and stream river banks. I'm having more issues getting around with the walker and am looking at the action trac chair currently. This chair is on rubber tracs and is supposedly 4 MPH and 10 mile range. I'm okay with the 4 mph limit but would like a little more range. (possibly add a second set of batteries ) Also since this is tracks it wont be used indoors per say so a gas version might be even better. Another plus to this unit is its American made. Ive worked on power chairs for friends in the past and found them to be wanting in durability over rough terrains. Ive looked at several on the internet and like the looks of this one the best.

quick googlage showed
    http://tracfab.net/products/tracfabgas

(Don’t Stop To Charge Batteries)
    Welded Roll CageElectric Start
    Keyed IgnitionLighted Fuel Gauge
    Pull Start Backup
    Seat-back Recline
    Low Seat Height For Easy Transfers
    TracFab Gas
    Gasoline Powered Tracked Vehicle
    NOTE: User must have control of both hands to safely operate this vehicle.
    Features include:
    Keyed switch for security
    Electric start
    Made in USA frame, tracks, track sprockets, and gasoline engine – Just to name a few
    Virtually unlimited range, no more recharging batteries - Just add more gasoline
    More speed and torque than any electric off road vehicle
    Steel roll cage protects the operator in the most extreme of maneuvers
    Newest generation track configuration climbs steep grades with ease
    Will pull heavy items around with ease
    Lighted fuel gauge included standard
    Easily accessible filters
    Dual hand controls
    Adjustable footplate
    Comfort gel hand grips
    Many available accessories
    <i style="box-sizing: border-box;"><span style="box-sizing: border-box;"><span style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 11.5pt; font-family: Helvetica; color: rgb(102, 102, 102);">
    Last edited by Artful; 05-13-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Here's another

Published on Jul 22, 2013
    The original tracked Wheelchair now in production as its extreme 2.0 version. Developed by Howe and Howe Tech for wheelchair users, the Ripchair 2.0 is the world's most extreme most capable tracked wheelchair ever built. Search Ripchair 3.0 for the latest Version!

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Accepts Most Power Chairs and Self Powered Wheel Chairs
    Lightweight Design: Aerospace Grade Aluminum
    29 Horsepower 4 Stroke engine
    Speed 8-10 mph
    Hydro-static Drive with Electric Controls
    Dimensions: 72in L x 60in W x 72in H
    Emergency Safety Override and Alarm/Alert Tone
    Choice of color
    Ground Clearance: 10'"
    60 Percent Climb Rate
    Weight: 1,350lbs
    Four-way Swept Dogleg Suspension
    Construction Grade Hydraulics and Tracks
    1,000 lbs Draw Bar Pull
    Fire Extinguisher
    Reflective Ripchair 3.0 Front Bumper Logo
    STANDARD PACKAGE OPTIONS:
    Hunting Rifle/Fishing Rod Holder
    Cargo Trays
    Control options Joystick or Lever Control (Similar to a Zero Turn Lawn Mower)
    Class 2 Receiver
    1-72 Watt LED front light bar
    1-27 Watt flood light rear
    ADDITIONAL PACKAGE OPTIONS:
    4 D-Rings- Tow Point Front and Rear
    5000 lb Winch
    Auxiliary Outlet​
    Diamond Plate Package

NOTE: The Ripchair 3.0 Is Also Completely
    Customizable For Specific Requests/Needs

information and pricing on RC 3.0 please contact:
    Howe and Howe Technologies, Inc. Phone: 207.247.2777 or email ttulo@howeandhowe.com

Inquire at 1-207-247-2777 of visit www.trackchairextreme.com
    je suis charlie

je suis charlie

Wouldn't really call this a wheelchair but it's a gasser
    je suis charlie

http://www.allterrainfreedom.com/
    Specs
    - 4 or 5 Point Harness
    - Suspension Seat with Removable
    Bottom Cushion
    - 2 LED Head Lights
    - 4 LED Tail Lights
    - 1 LED Dome Light
    - 12v Power Plug
    - UHMW Skid Plate
    - Removable Foot Rest
    - Hour Meter
    - TIG Welded Tube Chassis

SpecsHomeContact UsPricing
    Standard Equipment
    Options
    Follow Us

Dimensions
    Height 58"
    Seat Height 20"
    Length 69.5"
    Width 53.5"
    Weight 1090 lbs. (wet)
    Fuel Capacity 7 Gal.
    Turn Radius Zero

Engine
    Kawasaki
    V-Twin 750 cc
    Water Cooled
    Gasoline/Fuel Injected
    ECD Ignition
    ​Electric Start
    29 hp @ 3600 rpm
    40 ft-lb @ 2200 rpm

OPTIONS
    - Seat Heater
    - Adjustable Lumbar
    - Different Throttle Configurations
    - Different Lighting configurations
    - Rear Luggage Rack
    - Saddle Bags
    - Front Hitch

Phoenix, AZ 85024, USA
    +1.4805104383
    info@allterrainfreedom.com
    https://www.facebook.com/All-Terrain...8176/timeline/

https://www.facebook.com/26751617665...6204405122679/
    Last edited by Artful; 05-13-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    je suis charlie

Perma-Banned
    Post no. 2 video they should have put some kind of brush gaurd on the front, that one is a bad idea in that you would be beat with brush. The last videos look good, looks like the brush guard issue was addressed!

Boolit Grand Master

The more range you have, and the more mobile in rough terrain, the more trouble your likely to be in when you find out it's limits. Don't go off on your own depending on such a vehicle.
    The human body is a marvelous piece of equipment that gets us into enough trouble, but this idea is questionable. If ya get off in rough terrain and have a problem, your not only needing help to extricate yourself but an extremely heavy and awkward piece of equipment. You may be injured/killed and the machine destroyed.
    Learn to live within your limitations.
    I've learned to enjoy the memories of the exploits I made with a healthy body, and not dwell on what I miss doing now.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

I can't post pictures with this kindle thingy I'm using,but I can tell you, I Really like my track chair. I'm a left side Hemiplegic due to combat wounds, We call it " The Tank" adding more batteries adds weight which will slow you down and add to handling problems,If your in Texas I could let you try mine chair they aren't cheap but they are very well made
    Replacement batteries will cost you, I just had a tune up on my 2012 model with new batteries and charger,and a couple of new options it ran nearly $1500.00 being handicapped not cheap Sir are you a Veteran??
    I can give you a contact that might help you get into a Ackion Tracker Chair
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-14-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Remember that a gas powered chair falls under motor vehicle rules and are out-lawed a lot of places, even with a Electric motor you should carry a prescription requiring the use of a wheelchair..
    Gas powered is considered an ATV or a (motor vehicle). Which is not allowed on most government lands
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-14-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

No I'm not a vetran. I seen these and while I don't plan on going completely nuts with it. Being able to run down range at the club to post targets or paint shilouettes would be great, As would being able to go to the treashers conventions and county fairs again. Getting out in the yard and such will also be a big plus. Maybe a few trips in the fall along sides woods to squierrl hunt or along a stream or pond to do a little fishing with the grandkids.

Boolit Master

The Veteran question was because there is a group that helps them get funds for the chair, I don't know much about what they do, but I'll pm you a contact with information he's the S-I-L of the Mfg. And has worked with Bill O'Reilly to rise funds, they also buy back chairs when someone passes on. Then refurbished them and sell or give them away... mine spends many hours in the garden
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-14-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard

Boolit Grand Master

Using those things on your own land would be fine, but trying to take one in public (like a fair) would make you a pariah.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

I see golf carts rented or brought into the fairs and threashers conventions routinely here. ( for me getting into most golf carts is harder than it seems). The chair I'm looking at is smaller than these golf carts and more maneuverable. Ive talked with the board at the local clubs I belong to and they all will allow it and think its a good idea. The one I'm considering is a little bigger than a power chair but smaller than the golf carts being used.

Boolit Master
    My wife uses a rental power chair when ever we go to the fair. People who object to other people using mechanical devices to get around need to be kneecapped and have their hips broken. People who need help getting around didn't do it because it is fun. They do it because it is the only way they can reasonably get around.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Using those things on your own land would be fine, but trying to take one in public (like a fair) would make you a pariah.
    I see where your coming from, but yes I disagree with you on this point when your handicapped you have to do what your your able to do,is stepping to the side for a wheelchair really that much trouble????

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    My wife uses a rental power chair when ever we go to the fair. People who object to other people using mechanical devices to get around need to be kneecapped and have their hips broken. People who need help getting around didn't do it because it is fun. They do it because it is the only way they can reasonably get around.
    Well said Sir.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    I see where your coming from, but yes I disagree with you on this point when your handicapped you have to do what your your able to do,is stepping to the side for a wheelchair really that much trouble????
    Those aren't wheelchairs, they are riding mowers. The range should be OK, but they are far, FAR too noisy to be taken to an event like a fair. Heck, they are too noisy to be running down a town sidewalk.

An electric version would be no problem.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

Mine is silent enough to deer hunt out of it

Yep it's electric they do have a wire tray to carry a small generator if you need more distant than the 7 to 10 mile range, I suggested that when Doug delivered my chair and told me it will work with a cord,my day to day power chair doesn't work when plugged in. I stay away from crowded places as much as I can,but not because of my wheelchair I stay in my comfort zone most of the time.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast