Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Useable power chair for outdoor useage?

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I'm looking at their platform for transporting that fits in a receiver hitch and ramps on the side. Most of my use will be here at home and around the yard and getting mail in. I will probably mount a smv sighn on the back just for when I'm close to the road.
    Like this?
    http://www.discountramps.com/wheelch...er/p/SC500-V3/

This deluxe scooter and wheelchair carrier has all the features you'll need for quick and safe transportation of your wheelchair or scooter at an extremely affordable price. Made from black powder coated steel, this carrier holds up to 500 lbs yet it's light and easy to handle. Includes an extra long 59" three position ramp that folds into two pieces for easy storage on the carrier and makes loading and unloading a breeze. Optional Swing-away accessory allows for easy access to the rear of your vehicle.

Accommodates most wheelchairs and scooter and carries up to 500 lbs
    Made from durable black powder coated steel
    46-1/2" x 28" usable platform
    59-1/8" long x 27 1/2" loading ramp included
    Easy installation and assembly
    Weighs only 86 lbs
    Fits Class III and IV 2" hitches
    10 tie down points for maximum security
    Includes 5/8" hitch pin, ramp, anti-wobble device
    Swing away option available

That's a good idea and I would also look into a flashing strobe light for it as well.
    Last edited by Artful; 05-15-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    CG you might want to look at the quiet cat, they are a bit cheaper to buy, kinda looks like a scooter
    This one?
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

I'm talking with the area distributor for trac chair now. They bring the demo chair out to you to test and try right where it will be used. I'm going to set up a time for this and have a friend here with me since 2 sets of eyes and ears are better than one. I'm considering the narrower one that fits thru doors and should be capable of my list of what I want to do with it. Most of the "add ons" I may make myself depending on how involved they get.

Perma-Banned
    If it were me and i was disabled i would stay as far away as i could from a Segway, I don't believe that they were designed with disabled folks in mind? I am not speaking from first hand knowledge here since i have never ridden a Segway, but i have watched several of their videos and they appear to be more of a 'cool' riding toy for people with good balance

Boolit Grand Master

The Ohio Action track chair distributer for Ohio is bringing out a couple chairs this Sunday for me to try test here. A stand up model and the narrower seated model I'm interested in. Will be interesting to actually try them out. I have a friend and my Son in law and daughter will be here also to help with questions and information. There is currently a 6 week build time from when ordered. Should be a informative day for us

Awaiting your report on the trials
    je suis charlie

Perma-Banned
    The Ohio Action track chair distributer for Ohio is bringing out a couple chairs this Sunday for me to try test here. A stand up model and the narrower seated model I'm interested in. Will be interesting to actually try them out. I have a friend and my Son in law and daughter will be here also to help with questions and information. There is currently a 6 week build time from when ordered. Should be a informative day for us

Will you be testing The Action track chair like in post 25 that Artful put up? That one looks to me like the best one on here? That machine looks like a workhorse and then some!! What is the price of one of these?

Boolit Grand Master

Don't expect to use a track chair inside the house. It will be murder to all kind of flooring, and although able to pass door openings, the space required to make a turn before and after the door is prohibitive.
    Check carefully the width of a hitch mounted carrier, For whatever reason, they are all very narrow, and the hitch mount will soon have excess flop.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't plan on in the house or stores. Turning tracks is hard on carpet linoleums and wooden floors. But inside barns and fair buildings where its plain bare concrete should be good. These are listed as zero turn operation, so like a lawn mower or bobcat they should be able to pin wheel on the center line. The dirt grass gravel asphalt and concrete surfaces I'm looking at should be fine for it. Will find out Sunday for sure. I'm not planning on testing it that hard as post 25 but will put them thru their paces here.

Moderator Emeritus

I have a friend who's in the last phases of diabetes, and can't make it 100 yards without help. He now "hunts" deer by sitting on his Kawasaki Mule in its shelter by the house, and just watches the field across from his house with his .25/06. He's gotten several that way, and though it's not how he likes to hunt, or wants, to, it's all he's ABLE to do now. And he's humble enough to be thankful that he's got the situation where he CAN do this. Most of his shooting is done off his porch at random targets in the yard, usually pecans or rocks. A friend brought a big pile of dirt for him to use in sighting in guns for others, and for his own test shooting. That's about all he CAN do now. But again, he's thankful to at least be able to do that now. He recently started shooting a local bowling pin match, and usually wins it, because he shoots a .45 and many shoot big capacity 9mm's. It usually takes a 2nd. mag full to clear the table with the 9mm's. But he's very quick and very accurate, though not as quick nor accurate as he once was. Still, I'd really hate to be a bad guy he shot at! I believe they'd not fare very well at all!

So when one gets to where they can't get around very well, it really makes a HUGE difference to be able to get around again! HUGE difference! Best wishes that you find the optimum gadget that will allow you to get back "out there" again!

Boolit Master

Well how did it go? They aren't cheap,but I couldn't do without mine. Careful with the options that will drive up the costs, I wish insurance would cover the cost,but is your freedom to move around again worth the 10k starting cost.I know mine is. I wish you all the luck with your new equipment.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

It will be this coming Sunday (5-21) they come out. So I am eagerly awaiting the day. I now have 2 friends and some family coming out. One is interested in it and the other is an electrician who will be helping with maitenence for me. ( Its roughly 3 hours or so to this distributor from my door.) He also has a son with MS and wants to see this unit. I will get as much info as possible when they are here. I'm curious as to the drive train if its gear drive or hydrostatic to each trac like newer mowers are.

Boolit Master
    Artful's post of the carrier works very good. Only install it on the front of your vehicle.Lots of recievers fit the front of trucks. This keeps your chair clean even when it rains and you don't back into things with it.

Moderator Emeritus

Product I have been mulling over in my mind... 4 wheel drive target drone with a remote control. Put your targets on it, run it down range, shoot, bring your targets back to you... I was thinking a 100 pound payload for steel targets... not going to be cheap is the problem. 4 wheel chair motors, some oversized off road type lawnmower tires/rims, frame, electronics, armor plate top, sides and front to protect it from stray bullets... and it is going to be heavy with 1/2 inch AR-500 armor on it... might be able to get away with 1/4 inch on the sides to protect the tires... armor skirts would lift up to move it then lower once stopped for 30 seconds. I have rough engineering in my head which is how all my projects start out! I never draw up a plan!

No I'm not a vetran. I seen these and while I don't plan on going completely nuts with it. Being able to run down range at the club to post targets or paint shilouettes would be great, As would being able to go to the treashers conventions and county fairs again. Getting out in the yard and such will also be a big plus. Maybe a few trips in the fall along sides woods to squierrl hunt or along a stream or pond to do a little fishing with the grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Product I have been mulling over in my mind... 4 wheel drive target drone with a remote control. Put your targets on it, run it down range, shoot, bring your targets back to you... I was thinking a 100 pound payload for steel targets... not going to be cheap is the problem. 4 wheel chair motors, some oversized off road type lawnmower tires/rims, frame, electronics, armor plate top, sides and front to protect it from stray bullets... and it is going to be heavy with 1/2 inch AR-500 armor on it... might be able to get away with 1/4 inch on the sides to protect the tires... armor skirts would lift up to move it then lower once stopped for 30 seconds. I have rough engineering in my head which is how all my projects start out! I never draw up a plan!
    like this?
    je suis charlie

Fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4So2WNi5ec

The MotoShot™ Elite All Wheel Drive Moving Target System incorporates incredible, lifelike movements such as running, charging, 360° turning with the realism of a hit reactive 3D Target System. Use MotoShot Moving Target System to create dynamic movements and scenarios. MotoShot is an excellent training tool for all types of hostage simulation and decision making drills.

MotoShot™ Elite has an all new formed steel, protective
    trapezoid design chassis. All chassis sides are angled 10° which
    helps divert errant rounds safely to the ground. Additionally, to build strength and durability, MotoShot uses this formed steel chassis to fully enclose and protect all components, including the rugged 10” solid core wheels.
    Last edited by Artful; 05-20-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    je suis charlie

je suis charlie

Mary look at remote control law mowers for some help/inspiration
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lawn+mower+diy
    je suis charlie

Moderator Emeritus

Was thinking more for the paper shooters,not something that moves while you shoot. Run the target down range, shoot, bring it back. 1500 yard range out and back...

Lets see 1,500 yd x 3 = 4,500' each way so one trip is 9,000' which is not quite 2 miles.
    So you (based on power chair ranges) could only do it 5 times before recharging.
    Does that sound like what you are wanting/able to use?

Also from my experience spotting scope isn't going to work that well for
    spotting bullet holes at 1,500 yards - so maybe you need to think about
    either a secondary camera cart for a wireless system or an arm with
    an armored camera box that can let you see your hits.
    je suis charlie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast