WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Useable power chair for outdoor useage?

Moderator Emeritus

I was thinking optional camera, or use a drone... at that range I would prefer a steel target so you can hear the hits. And 5 times down and back on a high power rifle would be plenty for most shooters. Could setup the replaceable target board with 2 side by side targets...

Boolit Grand Master

Well gents They came out today and we spent a couple hours With the 2 they brought along with them. It was a real experience being able to get around the yard again and move around. . Wasn't any harder for me to get on it than getting in a car is. I simply rolled the wheel chair up to it and I stood up and worked into the spot turned around and sat down then picked feet up onto the foot rest. I didn't try getting on from the side with the arm rest raised though. It went everywhere and didn't bog down or struggle even in the soft wet ground, the wheel chair took 2 to push me around though. It is simple to operate and quick to learn. It does take some getting used to as the tracks cause a front to back rock going up and over obstacles I wasn't used to. The joy stick control is easy just push it the direction you want to go and your on your way. Nice heavy materials Basic frame is tig welded together and then rest is bolted. Nice powder coat finish on it and running my hands over surfaces edges I found no sharp or rough edges. Its really a quality unit. 3 year warranty and pretty straight forward on the maitenence. I am getting a quote tomorrow on the 29 1/2" wide model with a few options. Most of these are mounted in 3/4" sockets so making them wont be a big issue either. I really liked this unit and found it very well thought out and desighned. It was comfortable, and very useable. Im thinking of adding a couple transfer handles, as these will give me more to hang on to when transferring in and out of the chair. A cover for when not in use, the arm rests with pockets for more carry room, A upgraded seat for more comfort and a head rest to offer some support above the neck, last is the four point harness instead of the seat belt. This I may see if I can get both and use the harness when on rough terrain and the seat belt for smoother areas. This chair was amazing to me today.

So this was the electric with optional genset for longer range?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

That was one misconception when charging it shuts down so running off of the generator isn't possible according to the dealer yesterday. But this one is the electric version and wasn't wanting for power or control.

Boolit Master

Mine will run with the cord plugged into my generator, I guess it depends on which battery charger it has and which power system I upgraded to the 100amp system,for more battery life but it hasn't been a problem. I've made a few longer trips in my track chair,I got the gun rest option than I added a shade umbrella for about $10.00 the tool box is handy for carrying stuff,but the cup holder was carp.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

Well shucks, the cup holder is a deal breaker. Ha Ha.
    OP keep us informed, there are quite a few of us that may need the same help in the not too distant future. Having the advantage of your research and experience will be a great benefit.
    BTW what will the final weight be for transporting?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Its estimated at 350 lbs, accessories will add to this. Ive got mine on order now sending the check off tomorrow. I'm getting both the seat belt and 4 point harness on it. For smoother ground and ranges I can use the seat belt and for rougher ground and areas the harness. I got the rear rack and the padded arm rests with pockets for some "carry room. The one side has a bottle holder from the nylon / cloth on it also. The cover for it. A headrest and the upgraded seating option. Also a transfer handle. The one nice thing is all the accessories are mounted in 3/4 square tubing so it wont be hard to make what I want either for different things.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Well shucks, the cup holder is a deal breaker. Ha Ha.
    OP keep us informed, there are quite a few of us that may need the same help in the not too distant future. Having the advantage of your research and experience will be a great benefit.
    BTW what will the final weight be for transporting?
    Sir that cup holder could be a deal breaker when the operator only has one hand
    Trust me I'm" Experienced " with this.
    CG the seat belt is a must,even when you don't think it's needed. I broke a shoulder by falling out of the seat yep totally my fault I reached down to pick up a bag slid forward,and bump to control which sent me to the ground
    The seat belt would have prevented this from happening. Be careful and learn how to use it.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

The seat belt or 4 point harness is definitely needed I'm having both installed on mine so I will have the choice of which to use depending on terrain and surfaces. The 4 point harness is basically 2 straps one up higher under the arms and one belly level with a "vest" supporting you around the sides and torso. There is also a leg strap to hold feet back in place on mine.

Vendor Sponsor

Came late to the party .. I would have suggested that you rent one for a month or so ..
    make absolutely sure it will do all you need before purchasing . Many of these companies are your best friend till they get your money .. Then don't want to look at you again

Good Luck and I really really hope it works well for you
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Smoke, that's exactly the experience my wife had. Everything was promised until Medicare and my ins check cleared. Then they wouldn't even return a call. We're stuck with a chair that's too wide to go through part of the doors.
    We had a much older chair that was dropping grease and she thought it was time to replace it.
    In order for her to access the rest of the house I spent $900. and waited 5 weeks, for a new motor, and now need a new battery.
    The new chair might as well be a yard ornament. I think the Co Rep sells well-used cars on the side.
    Last edited by mold maker; 05-23-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Smoke I too had considered renting one but After the demo Sunday and running it around in the actual conditions I'm pretty confident its what want. I really felt secure and after a very short "break in" time confident in what I could do with it..

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the report, Gent. None of us knows whether we might need one of those one day. I know I marked it down in my mind. Hope my memory doesn't let it "leak out!"

Boolit Grand Master

II couldAlso Smoke I'm not really looking to this chair for an in the house chair. Tracs just wont allow that use I know. But in barns fair buildings and such along with farm fields woods and along the edges think a little squierrl and deer hunting, use on rifle and pistol ranges. Also may out door flea markets and things of that type. I really enjoy taking the grandsons fishing on some of the smaller farm ponds here, but getting to them is almost impossible for me now. Ive looked at several chairs in person and on the internet and researched them as best I could, part of this post was asking for experience with these.

Vendor Sponsor

Which model did you get
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

NT20 its the narrow version with 20" wide seat so it gives me some room to grow. I got it black with red splash powder coat, up graded the seats, a transfer handle, rear rack, and cover. I actually liked it over the wider model as It seemed easier to control and use. It dosnt have the tilt on the fly.

You still thinking of fenders for it?
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

Yes I'm thinking about fenders or covers so when in a crowd or larger group people can get snagged by the tracks.

You know if it was me I'd make it like a triangular box in front over the treads about same height at the seat so you could slide across it.

With built in lights in front and multi color led strip on the side,

sort of like

and that would give you storage for stuff as well

- in fact I'd probably make a reflectix / thinsulate lined water proof cloth bag for each side as optional drop in cooler - and another bag made out of cordura for each side with pouches lining the insides for a tool carrier. Like we do for our motorcycle panniers

And on the back side

I'd made it separate skirt that covers the motors and comes down to about the wheel hubs of your wheelie bar giving you a flat deck with some tie downs. And maybe a removable rail to hold a cooler or other bulky items.
    Maybe put some taillights back there as well
    Last edited by Artful; 05-24-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    je suis charlie

Perma-Banned
    They look to be built like little Tanks!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast